PDA

View Full Version : Magic Kingdom Food Spots?

SandmanGStefani24
09-22-2009, 05:40 PM
When I think about great food at WDW, I always think of Epcot's WS, but little else. Am I missing anything great at the Kingdom? Where does everyone love to eat at MK?

SBETigg
09-22-2009, 06:17 PM
World Showcase is my favorite for quick service, too. At the MK, I love a lot of the counter service spots. Columbia Harbour House, Pecos Bill Cafe, Casey's, and Cosmic Ray's, all good and fun. Pecos Bill and Casey's are pretty typical burger and dog spots, though, so if you wanted something a little less typical, stick with Columbia Harbour House and Cosmic Ray's. I don't care much for any of the table service options in the MK, though the Plaza is a great place for sandwiches, salads, or ice cream. For table service, I prefer the resorts.

Georgesgirl1
09-22-2009, 07:09 PM
I'm with Sherri. For table service at the MK I would rather hop the monorail to O'Hana than eat in the park. We do love Columbia Harbor House and Peco's Bill's for counter service though.

azcavalier
09-23-2009, 01:00 PM
We loved Tusker House at AK before it became a TS. We haven't been back since then, but we're going to try it this time.

In the MK, you've got some good restaurants at the three monorail hotels to choose from. Of course, opinions vary. We love O'Hanas and Chef Mickey's (breakfast). We actually love the Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner, though there's no menu. They bring you a set meal, but it's all you can eat. Lots of comfort food. But we love it. It's one of our kids' favorites.

I'm looking forward to the when the Fantasyland Refurb is done and we have the Beauty and the Beast themed restaurant to try.

Our kids liked Tony's Town Square, but my DW and I were less impressed. It wasn't awful, just not that good.

bruin1344
09-23-2009, 01:03 PM
none of the other parks for CS and TS compare to Epcot World Showcase

MK has decent CS spots like Pecos Bill, Cosmic Rays and Columbia Harbour House.

never tried any of the MK TS

garymacd
09-23-2009, 01:06 PM
You gotta hit Casey's for hot dogs! They are just about the second best I've ever had, even at ten o'clock at night.

The Best, you ask? How about a Dirt Water Dog from one of the street vendors in Manhattan?

dmosher
09-23-2009, 01:27 PM
You gotta hit Casey's for hot dogs!
I have to second this, except that I prefer the corn dog nuggets!. You may need 2 orders, but dipping them in mustard is soo yummy! Not a TS, but still, quick, easy and delicious!
:pipes:
D

EJS-Houston
09-23-2009, 03:05 PM
I think EPCOT, Disney Boardwalk, Disney Studios, Animal Kingdom and Downtown Disney all have great dining options...but not so much the Magic Kingdom. I almost never plan to eat there.

IamBelle
09-23-2009, 10:20 PM
I LOOOVVVE Liberty Tree Tavern, it is the best meal in MK!! For CS, I tried El Pirata y el Perico for the first time this trip and loved it, the taco salad is great!! On our last day, we ate at Casey's for the first time and loved it as well. The corn dog nuggets are so good! I am getting hungry just thinking about all this wonderful food!!

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-24-2009, 09:59 AM
Crystal Palace has a decent buffet if you must eat TS at MK, but I agree with other posters...for TS hop the monorail and go to one of the resorts otherwise I would recommend Peco's Bills or Cosmic Rays for CS

LudwigVonDrake
09-24-2009, 07:03 PM
I ate at the Plaza for the first time in July. Great sandwiches :tasty: