PDA

View Full Version : Quick Service Dining Plan

EJS-Houston
09-22-2009, 03:16 PM
Has anyone had a recent experience doing the Quick Service Dining Plan (2 counter service meals and 2 snacks per day)? Your experience? Worth it? Not worth it?

WDW has been offering packages lately wherein you get the Quick Service Dining Plan for free. My friend and I have already made our hotel reservations and gotten our park passes for our vacation in early November. I asked about the free Quick Service Dining Plan when I called last week to make our Magical Express reservations. The cast member I spoke to told me I could get the free Quick Service Dining Plan, but I'd have to rebook the hotel, and buy an additional park pass (which I would have to use on my next WDW vacation, as the pass I have covers all 5 days I'm going to be there in November) in order to have a complete package, which is what one needs to get the free Quick Service Dining Plan. I've opted to skip it this time as I don't think it's worth the hassle of rebooking and buying an extra pass that I have to hang on to for (probably) 2 years.

wire0monkey
09-23-2009, 12:48 PM
What a pain!

This is why I use Magical Journeys to book WDW.

EJS-Houston
09-23-2009, 03:01 PM
I'm not familiar with Magical Journeys. Can you elucidate a bit? Many thanks!

PetefromRI
09-23-2009, 04:11 PM
Here comes the barage of Magical Journey fans,myself included.We've used them the last 4 or 5 times and would use no one else.They are a travel agency that sponsors this site and they are Disney professionals.If you have a ressie through them and Disney comes out with a better deal,MJ will take care of it for you.They've saved customers hundreds of dollars and they make planning a trip alot easier.Try them once,I guarantee you'll love them.

PetefromRI
09-23-2009, 04:13 PM
Back to topic.We used the QSDP last year and thought that it was a great deal for us.We ate at many great CS places including the Earl of Sandwich and Pucks Express to name a few.We will do this plan again.

anneo
09-24-2009, 01:56 PM
We used it back in January, and it met our needs. The thing I liked most about it was it includes the refillable resort cups. I don't know whether or not we come out ahead financially using the quick service dining plan, but for us we like to know that everything is already paid for so we don't have to worry about budgeting for food.

EJS-Houston
09-24-2009, 03:32 PM
Thanks much to you all for the good advice and for sharing your personal experiences. We'll be back again to WDW in 2 years (if not before), which would be a good occasion to try both Magical Journey and the Quick Service Dining Plan.

Iteachpc
09-26-2009, 01:00 AM
I used the quick service dining plan in July. We stayed at Pop Century. I was traveling with my DD18, DS12, niece18. All of us counted as adults. I'm not sure that it was necessarily cheaper but we LOVED the QSDP. My group likes to go go go on vacation. They weren't really interested in stopping to eat at sit down restaurants...they wanted to ride rides!

We thoroughly enjoyed the amount of food we got with the plan. We were never hungry and I liked the fact that it was prepaid. If someone wanted a snack I didn't have to decide if we should spend the money for it because it was already paid for!

Now if I'd have been paying out of pocket we might have eaten a little bit cheaper. You get dessert with each meal and we probably wouldn't have ordered dessert every time. But for the $30/day per person I think it was an excellent deal for us. We ate more than $30/person per day most days.

The refillable mugs are an extra perk with the QSDP, too.

I highly recommend it and will most likely do it again on my next trip.