PDA

View Full Version : Online check-in help !!

ramftbl
09-22-2009, 02:03 PM
Hello All !
We're getting ready for our October 5th-10th trip to Boardwalk Villas. Our 10 day mark is quickly appraoching, and I was wondering how much of a time saver the online check-in really is ? Can anyone that's used online check-in give me any pro's/cons with the service ? Thanks to all who respond !!

phillydan
09-22-2009, 02:58 PM
We used it in August at GF and I think it was worth it. Although the check-in counter was not busy when we arrived, I am sure it saved us about 10-15 min. Had there been a long line, it would have been a significant amount of time. Figure it this way - if it takes 10 min to check in (on average) and there are 3 groups ahead of you, that's 30 min right there.

We went to the special counter in the lobby for on-line check-in and had to show our confirmation. They had all our docs ready, gave us our keys and maps, and we were done - about 2 minutes total. Our room wasn't ready, so we went right to the park - we got off Magical Express at 11:35 and were walking into MK at 12:15! I received a text mesage about 2 hours later that the room was ready - my contact info was captured during the online check-in.

I was very pleased with the service. I really do not see a downside and will do this again.

One caution - we were unable to register our Disney rewards card on-line; we could only do a credit card. Later in the trip, I stopped by the front desk and did it - no hassle or problem.

vicster
09-22-2009, 04:52 PM
We used it this month - our packet was ready so it took about 3 minutes to check in. What can it hurt not to use it?

Goes4FastPass
09-22-2009, 05:19 PM
I have used online check-in and it worked like a breeze - and the line was shorter and fast than conventional check-in.

Before online check-in I always seemed get behind pokey people; people who couldn't figure out what credit card they wanted to use, people who were trying to get changed to the exact same room they had the last 3 times they stayed at this resot, people who were trying to get a free upgrade to something more than they booked and paid for and of course, people who had a million first timer questions like "Where's the pool?" and "Where's thr Dumbo ride?

I don't know about you but my attitude at check-in is, I may come back to the lobby and "visit" later but right now I want to find my room, throw down my carry-ons, wash my face, check out my balcony/terrace (you did say BW Villas) and let the fun begin.

Online check-in means:

1. Go the the online check-in (short) line.
2. Show your photo ID.
3. Accept your packet.
4. Zip-a-Dee Doo Dah.

wendy*darling
09-22-2009, 07:15 PM
Another YES vote here!

In addition to the slow guests ahead of you in line, I always seem to get the room key machine that freezes up or won't print right! Or some other glitch with printing out check-in documents.

When you check-in online- all of that is done before you arrive. So what if the machine misfires? You'll never know! :thumbsup:

LVT
09-22-2009, 09:37 PM
Yes. Memorial Week at POP 5 min and on our way.

sainter
09-30-2009, 02:12 AM
Guess I will be the one sort of negative vote here. What I do not like is that you cannot reiterate any requests when you do online check in (other than a crib and a few other choices that were not important to me).

ajpa
09-30-2009, 01:44 PM
Kathy at magical journeys advised me not to use the online check in so that I could ask them if they were able to honor my reservation request.

(I can sympathize with the waiting issue though -- last time at PO it was FOREVER until we got checked in. )

vicster
09-30-2009, 02:25 PM
(I can sympathize with the waiting issue though -- last time at PO it was FOREVER until we got checked in. )

Try CBR on a Saturday! We did online check in earlier this month and it was great - everything was ready.

Goes4FastPass
09-30-2009, 02:37 PM
I hope they continue to offer both.

Regular check in for when I need more time and online check in for when I don't need to be behind people who need more time.

DisneyFr33k
10-03-2009, 12:35 PM
This may be a dumb question, but what site do you go to to check in online? What do I need - just my ressie #? Do you have to check in exactly 10 days from your arrival or anytime within the 10 days? We are 21 days away. :mickey:

DisneyPrincess21
10-03-2009, 01:12 PM
This may be a dumb question, but what site do you go to to check in online? What do I need - just my ressie #? Do you have to check in exactly 10 days from your arrival or anytime within the 10 days? We are 21 days away. :mickey:

You go to disney's site and log in, go to my vacation and you'll see a spot for online check in, enter your ressie # and the name of who it is booked under, tge checkin date and hotel.
You dont have to do it on day 10 but anytime during the 10 days before your stay you can do online check in

DisneyFr33k
10-03-2009, 01:33 PM
You go to disney's site and log in, go to my vacation and you'll see a spot for online check in, enter your ressie # and the name of who it is booked under, tge checkin date and hotel.
You dont have to do it on day 10 but anytime during the 10 days before your stay you can do online check in

Thank you! I'm going to try it in 11 days!

Speedy1998
10-03-2009, 01:43 PM
It is a huge time saver if it is working right, when I went in March I could not get it to work right for me. I would hope by now they have fixed the glitches.

DisneyPrincess21
10-03-2009, 02:46 PM
Thank you! I'm going to try it in 11 days!

No problem! :thumbsup:
:santa3: I get to try it in 51 days! :santa3:

:tink:
I hope you have a magical vacation! :wave: