PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone Been to Medieval Times?

mjaclyn
09-22-2009, 12:37 AM
I have never been but thought it looked interesting... DH and I aren't huge fans of that era or anything but we do enjoy new experiences. Has anyone ever been? Is it worth the $60 per person? What should I expect if I go?

Altair
09-22-2009, 05:57 AM
It's a well done show, with knights in competitions. The food's not bad and you eat with your fingers. It's worth a peek, but don't pay full price. There are coupons available in the books around town and AAA has a discount.:thumbsup:

PharmD
09-22-2009, 06:56 AM
If you have kids who love knights it's wonderful. My 8 yr old son got to meet the knights up close, got pics with them and got some autographs. It is a little pricey but like mentioned above you can get discounts. It is definately worth seeing. I have been to the one in orlando and they have built one here in GA and we have been to that one as well.

Georgesgirl1
09-22-2009, 08:02 AM
It is fun but not worth $60 per person. Definitely look into discounts. The one in Georgia was offering buy one get one free during the worst part of the recession.

DVC2004
09-22-2009, 09:05 AM
It's entertaining- we've gone a few times. Go online and look for coupons or discount codes for the one you are looking to visit. Not worth full price! Be warned: it's a money pit! You stay in a large room pre- show and it has drinks/glasses and all sorts of souveniers. If it's just adults you will be ok but if their are kids in your group be prepared- lots of swords and princess stuff and glowing things. Also they try to upsell you a VIP package and photos.

The show is entertaining and the food is good- not spectacular but good. You get soup, garlic bread, soft drinks/tea/coffee, rotisserie chicked and a spare rib , twice baked potato, and pastry desert. The vegetarian meal is not great if you are a vegetarian, just a bunch of steamed veggies and butter. You do eat with your hands so if this grosses you out pack a fork (lol- it's fun). Anyway it's fun and different to do. We go once every so many years.

Ransom
09-22-2009, 09:37 AM
I went back in the 80s, in California, and from the previous posters' comments, it looks like it hasn't changed at all! "Money Pit" is a good term for it.

Keep your wits about you and keep in mind that they'll try to fleece you. But you can have a good time there, as the show is entertaining and the food is decent (or it was 21 years ago!).

thrillme
09-22-2009, 07:40 PM
We went and had a BLAST. I thought the food was pretty good. My son absolutely LOVED it. EVERYTHING'S expensive in Florida. I thought it was something different to do for the evening. We screamed and cheered till we were hoarse.

Since then we've done it in Dallas, Los Angeles? and a similar one at the Excaliber in Vegas.

Dakota Rose
09-22-2009, 08:34 PM
I agree. It's a fun night but definitely not worth $60/person.

garymacd
09-22-2009, 11:51 PM
I could take it or leave it. I also don't think it's worth the $60 each to get in. The food is okay, not great. That opinion may be tainted by the fact that I choked on a chicken bone there.

badkitty
09-23-2009, 12:54 AM
I haven't been in years but it is definitely something to try once. If you are not into that era though, what about the Arabian Nights show or the Pirate's Adventure? They are bascially the same concept except different themes. My favorite is the Arabian Nights. The horses are magnificent and steal the show IMO.