PDA

View Full Version : Rose & Crown Potato Leek Soup

MarknTara
09-21-2009, 07:56 PM
Oh...My...Gosh. My mom and I ordered the potato leek soup from Rose & Crown, and I must say it was a little piece of HEAVEN! We HIGHLY reccomend this! Does anybody know the recipe or where we can get it??? I have to make this soup!!!!!!!!!! :cloud9:

TiggeRia
09-21-2009, 08:24 PM
I don't know the recipe, but I agree with it--it is delicious!!

Strmchsr
09-21-2009, 08:30 PM
Yep. Here's the recipie I've tried with excellent results.

3 pounds Idaho potatoes
3 cups onion, diced
3 cups leeks, diced
1 TB butter
1 quart heavy cream
salt and pepper to taste

Method:
1. Bake the potatoes in a 375 degree oven for 50 minutes.
2. Saute onions and leeks in butter on low heat until clear.
3. Add heavy cream.
4. Once potatoes are done, scoop the center out with a spoon.
5. Once the heavy cream comes to a simmer, add the potatoes you scooped out.
6. Let simmer for 10 minutes, then pull off stove and puree the soup in a blender.
7. Next, strain through a china cap. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
Cook's Note: You must cool as soon as possible. If you cook the soup too long afte adding potatoes, the soup will come out brown.

Now, a friend of mine gave me the following recipe which I haven't tried, but he says gives even better results. I haven't tried it because I thought the above worked great, but he says this is easier:

Ingredients:

6 potatoes
4 quartts heavy cream
1 onion, diced
2 bunches leeks, white parts only, cut up
1/4 cup butter
salt and pepper to taste

Method of Preparation:

Cut up potatoes and cover with water to keep from turning brown. Wash the leeks (white part only). In a heavy pot, melt the butter, then add onion and leeks. Cook 5-10 minutes. Add potatoes and cream, simmer until potatoes are soft. When potatoes are done, puree with hand blender until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

Hope you enjoy it! Let me know how it works for you.

SBETigg
09-21-2009, 08:34 PM
I love that soup, too! Thanks for the recipes. I might try them one day this winter. It's supposed to be a brutal winter here in the northeast. Soup weather!