PDA

View Full Version : Is Columbus Day that busy?

MizMissy
09-21-2009, 04:38 PM
I know it's a federal holiday, but I didn't realize it would be that busy. I was going to plan a last minute trip to Disney over that weekend, but there are no value or moderate resorts available AT ALL right now. Sigh, I guess no surprise fall Disney trip for my kids. I might look into going to D.C. or maybe even Universal instead.

SBETigg
09-21-2009, 07:12 PM
I've never been during Columbus Day, but I've heard warnings that it is a very busy time to visit.

Joannelet
09-21-2009, 07:33 PM
I worked at WDW in 2008 and was there during Columbus Day weekend. Magic Kingdom alone was closed to capacity. I would stay clear of this time of year!!! It was insane!!!

momofdisneyprincess
09-22-2009, 09:45 AM
Due to our schedules, we usually go during that week. As others have said, it is EXTREMELY busy. Keep in mind that it is also F&W Festival so a lot of people go to Epcot for that during that weekend. This year, we are going the week before and are very excited to have the lower crowds.

thrillme
09-22-2009, 07:38 PM
Last year when we went it was fine until the weekend (friday/saturday) then Epcot got CRAZY. I don't know about the other parks but we usually go in the summer and it was crazier than it ever was in the summer...maybe that food and whine festival had something to do with it.

IF I ever go again at this time of year...I will not go to epcot on the weekend if they have a holiday and food and whine.

ILoveLegos
09-22-2009, 08:20 PM
Locals have the day off, I've seen the numbers swell at EPCOT (F&WF) & Magic Kingdom Columbus day (really the whole weekend leading in) in the past with the school aged kiddies being out of school. So the past two years, I've just made that a non-Disney day at home. This year - I plan the same routine, only I'll really be "at home" in NJ! :mickey:

RocknBev
09-23-2009, 12:57 PM
We have heard that it is VERY busy...of course we are going this year because we have tickets to MNSSHP and I am running in the Race for the Taste 10K. We never go in the summer due to the heat and crowds so this should be fun!!!!