PDA

View Full Version : ToonTown

Disdaddy
09-21-2009, 09:55 AM
What will remain from toon town after the fantasyland expansion?

Imagineer1981
09-21-2009, 10:54 AM
Based on the current plans, Nothing. It will all be removed. There are talks that Mickey's house will be moved to Mainstreet, but I am still a firm believer that Toon Town should be moved to DHS and expanded (as in Roger Rabbit)

Strmchsr
09-21-2009, 11:46 AM
Goofy's Barnstormer might remain. They are hoping to keep that and retheme it in some way. Also, the Toontown train station will remain, but be rethemed. So, as stated above, nothing will remain as is, but those two items might still be around in some altered form.

Disdaddy
09-21-2009, 12:35 PM
Where on main street could they put mickey and minnie's houses?

GrumpyFan
09-21-2009, 12:37 PM
I think that was a mis-understanding. I believe what they said was something to the effect that the CHARACTERS will move to somewhere on Main Street, NOT the HOUSES!

bruin1344
09-21-2009, 12:56 PM
Based on the current plans, Nothing. It will all be removed. There are talks that Mickey's house will be moved to Mainstreet, but I am still a firm believer that Toon Town should be moved to DHS and expanded (as in Roger Rabbit)

good idea

Goofy4TheWorld
09-21-2009, 12:57 PM
Is this Fantasy Land renovation still just rumor or has it been announced as fact?

Zippy 1
09-21-2009, 01:00 PM
I think it will be awful to totally remove Mickey and Minnie's houses. We love them and my DD is 15. Every trip we visit them and take new pictures to add to our albums.:(

Strmchsr
09-21-2009, 01:54 PM
Is this Fantasy Land renovation still just rumor or has it been announced as fact?

Fact. It was completely announced and unveiled at D23. Check the front page of Intercot for all the news and pictures.

Ian
09-21-2009, 03:25 PM
Is this Fantasy Land renovation still just rumor or has it been announced as fact?It's a fact. Most of the discussion is centered in our News forum, so you may want to pop over there for the full details.

GrumpyFan
09-21-2009, 03:25 PM
There are talks that Mickey's house will be moved to Mainstreet, but I am still a firm believer that Toon Town should be moved to DHS and expanded (as in Roger Rabbit)

Indeed. I wasn't a big fan of ToonTown as they built it at MK, it all seemed like it was built kind of cheaply on the fly. But, I like the concept, and really think moving and expanding it over at DHS would make a lot of sense.

Disdaddy
09-21-2009, 03:29 PM
We took our 2 yr old DD in June for the first time and she still talks about their houses. I just hope they have something like them somewhere down there for our future kids and our current daughter to see.

GoofyFan13
09-21-2009, 03:39 PM
I hope they keep the houses somehow...

I really wouldn't like tot see toon town moved to DHS...

But I really don't like the idea of fantasyland expanding, all the rides seem the same to me, BUT, I still ride them :mickey:

I'd like to see ToonTown just lifted up and moved maybe to sprout off of Tomorowland or adventureland? I'm sure their property extends far enough

Goofy4TheWorld
09-21-2009, 03:42 PM
Holy cow, what a miss. I always go straight to new posts on Intercot, so I never see the home page. I hate reading rumors, so if a thread is in the rumor forum, I rarely read it, so this tidbit slipped right past me.

Thanks for the update...

Imagineer1981
09-21-2009, 04:27 PM
I'd like to see ToonTown just lifted up and moved maybe to sprout off of Tomorowland or adventureland? I'm sure their property extends far enough

Actually, there really in no room behind toontown or tomorrowland, they are at their limits as far as expansion goes.Toon Town now butts up against the utilidor main access road and slightly behind that is the monorail service building and then just tons of backstage buildings. Same for Tomorrowland, Space Mountain is the limit as there is the road to Contemporary and the Monorail to Epcot track and other various backstage items. There is room however behind frontierland to expand west,since there is really just a road backstage, but I doubt they would move toontown there.

lockedoutlogic
09-21-2009, 05:49 PM
Me thinks that Exposition Hall is where thy mouse shall reside....

until or if they think a more permanent, specialized spot is warranted.

Giselle
09-22-2009, 01:09 PM
:( I like toon town. DD likes the play area, meeting the characters, houses, and BS. It is a little sparse on the rides, I'll admit. I like the big store in the tent. Oh well, I'll probably like whatever they replace it with as well.

mom2mickeyfan
09-22-2009, 02:56 PM
I don't think moving them to DHS would be a terrible idea. I have a 3 year old and would love to see the area that has Playhouse Disney Live expanded. Mickey and Minnie's house might fit well there. The could make a Handy Manny shop and a Winnie the Pooh area and really play up all the different Playhouse Disney shows. My DS would love that...as would I since the new Fantasyland seems to be very much geared towards the girls.

But I also would hate for Mickey Mouse not to have a special place in MK. Isn't that what MK is all about....the Mouse? I would hate to see the fab five just thrown is some tent somewhere. They are our favorites and MK will not seem the same without them.

And I haven't read all of the other post on the other thread but am I the only one disappointed that Disney said they were going to include the villians more in the new Fantasyland for the boys? We want more than just villians for our DS.

GoofyFan13
09-22-2009, 02:59 PM

until or if they think a more permanent, specialized spot is warranted.

I agree with this idea

also, regarding the property, I'm surprised they are at their limits! I would've thought they would have more property, and if the only room is behind Frontierland I say go for it! But I doubt that will happen :(

Ian
09-22-2009, 03:34 PM

until or if they think a more permanent, specialized spot is warranted.I think you're right.