PDA

View Full Version : Does Garden Grill still rotate?

ryels
09-21-2009, 09:19 AM
We would like to take our kids there during our trip next February, but the last several times I have been in the Land pavilion, the restaurant didn't appear to be moving. I think the kids would enjoy that aspect of it.

Thanks in advance!

hlkeck
09-21-2009, 09:42 AM
It did rotate in Sept '08 when we last ate there. Loved that place!

laprana
09-21-2009, 10:05 AM
It was rotating when we ate there last May! It was really neat, but it turns so slowly that at first we thought it wasn't moving...until we noticed that the trees that were ahead of us when we sat down were behind us a little while later! :D

Ian
09-21-2009, 10:19 AM
Yep. Just ate there on 9/5 and it was rotating.

I was wondering if, with The Land shut down for refurbishment, they might have the rotation shut down as well ... but no. It was still rotating!

ryels
09-21-2009, 12:04 PM
Cool. Thanks for the responses.

That may fill in our missing table service then! We already know that we like the food there, we just wanted that little bit of extra "magic" for the kids to enjoy.

Thanks!

DisneyFr33k
09-21-2009, 01:21 PM
Be warned, I've read on other sites that it will be rotating one day and not the other. Just don't want you to be disappointed.

ryels
09-21-2009, 03:06 PM
Be warned, I've read on other sites that it will be rotating one day and not the other. Just don't want you to be disappointed.

Thank you for the heads up. I wondered if that was the case.

At the very least, I know we like the food and atmosphere. Maybe we just won't tell the kids ahead of time that it rotates. Then if it actually does, it will be a plus :thumbsup:.

Tigerinvestigator
09-22-2009, 10:03 PM
You will love Garden Grill. It is our favorite place to eat at WDW. I have eaten there every year since it opened and have never seen it not revolving. It does revolve extremely slow and you really have to look close or stand there a few mins to realize it is moving. The food IMHO is outstanding and the new blueberry dessert is a great addition. We feel this place has the best one on one time with the characters of all the character dining at WDW. Just made our ADR for Dec. 18th this morning for 11 people and we can't wait.:thumbsup: