PDA

View Full Version : Kim Possible: Worth it for a 6-year-old?

MrPeetrie
09-20-2009, 10:42 PM
Hey gang, we'll be down in WDW this December. Is the Kim Possible adventure worth looking into? Or is it a waste of time? Please, help me out as we will only be in WDW for 5 days.

Thanks.

:confused::confused:

wire0monkey
09-21-2009, 07:16 AM
It depends entirely on the kid, I think.

We did 5 missions with a 4 year old boy and a 6 year old boy (almost seven) at the end of August. The 4 year old is a huge Kim Possible fan and ADORED it. He wanted to do every single mission. We had a hard time convincing him to stop. He would have done it all twice. We let him lead the missions. He loved every minute of it.

The 6 year old thought it was cool, but it wasn't his favorite thing.

The missions take around 30 minutes each, after you pick up your communicator. You have to walk to the pavilion and then find all the clues. The communicator makes little animatronic things happen in each pavilion.

We especially liked the Japan mission.

WishingStar2006
09-21-2009, 07:24 AM
During our August trip my DS's (age 19 and 20) and I (age "never growing up") did a mission and it was TONS of fun! I would recommend it highly. The only problem was the wait time between being able to get your next mission! We did England and we were amazed at how they had it all set up...FUN, FUN, FUN!

Soccermom12
09-21-2009, 10:12 AM
My DS (11,8 and 6) LOVED it (so did I). The only problem was sharing the phone. It worked out a lot better for us when our 11 year old got his own Kimmunicator and we went on different missions. I do think your 6 year old will love it....even if they never watched Kim Possible! Each mission was only about 30 minutes....if your child doesn't like it, you could always hand in the Kimmunicator and tour at your leisure. Chances are they'll want to do every mission!

Ian
09-21-2009, 10:16 AM
DEFINITELY!!! DS7 did it this past trip and she loved it!!

I highly recommended it. It's a ton of fun!

buzznwoodysmom
09-21-2009, 11:39 AM
We had 4 boys in June that loved it. Their ages were 14, 9, 7 and 7. It was nice that we actually got to stay in the different countries for a good while without the kids complaining that they wanted to leave because "there's nothing fun to do back here". One mission only takes about 30 minutes so its worth a try and if your child doesn't like it you've only wasted 30 minutes.

PlutoPlanet
09-21-2009, 12:25 PM
You could start one, but bail out if it gets too boring. Our DD13 liked it at first, but almost gave up on it.

green ranger
09-21-2009, 07:09 PM
Our DS 5 and DD4 loved it!! But the nice thing about it is you could start it and end it at any time. So if you find it not to be exciting, you could just stop the mission and turn in your controller. But we found it to be a great way to tour the countries and see things that you can't believe are there.

Darbylew
09-21-2009, 07:21 PM
We did one mission in March. It takes a lot of
time but you learn things that you might not
know about - we did. I think it is really for a
younger group of children. My granddaughter
that went with me in March thought it was a
little young for her.
Sometimes you'll be sleepy, bashful, sneezy
maybe even grumpy but I hope you are always
happy at the end of the day..........
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND GOING BACK IN
NOVEMBER ........:D:mickey:

Suz36
09-21-2009, 10:47 PM
My 6 year old loved it! He and his 9yo sister were always fighting over who got to hold the Kimmunicator - they are not even fans of the show. It is really well done, and we will definitely be trying it again this trip.

teambricker04
09-21-2009, 11:22 PM
We did them on our last trip with our two DSs ages 3 and 1 at the time. The little one just liked cruising around and seeing whatever fun things popped up, but our 3yo who is now 4 LOVE LOVE LOVED it. We did 4 of them during our stay. They don't take long.

Iteachpc
09-26-2009, 12:34 AM
I traveled to WDW in July with my DD18, DS12 and niece18. My son wanted to do the Kim Possible mission and the girls jumped right in. Just as we began it started to pour...as big a storm as I have seen in a long time at WDW. But it didn't deter the kids! We donned our ponchos and splashed through the rain following the clues. I thought it was a lot of fun and definitely worth doing. I'd like to try it again when it wasn't raining though! :thumbsup:

Kathy Jetson
09-26-2009, 01:06 AM
Is there a charge for this or is it free to everyone? Where do you go to sign up?

stitchaholic
09-26-2009, 08:06 AM
there is no charge,all you need to do is go to any kim possible station (there is one in innoventions) and get your mission,it will tell you when and where to go to pick up your kimmunicator and start your mission.

it is a blast!

Kathy Jetson
09-26-2009, 12:12 PM
Thank you I think we may try this. DS5 who will be 6 at the time asked to do this but I thought it was for older kids. He will be very happy to find out he can do it.

aurora, ariel, and bell
09-26-2009, 04:19 PM
Is this just good for kids, or would adults travelling without kids enjoy it?

MrPeetrie
09-28-2009, 12:25 PM
Thanks for all your information. Let me ask this:

We'll be going to Epcot on our arrival day, which means we'll probably get there between 2 and 4 p.m. Would there be enough time to complete the missions? Or do we need the whole day? Or is it fun EVEN IF YOU DON'T complete them all?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

blondie219
10-02-2009, 06:37 AM
This thread has so much wonderful information, Im glad that I came across it. My DD9 wants to do the Kim Possible mission, we will be at Disney 8 days the first week of December. Sounds like its something she will enjoy.

g8rgirl29
10-02-2009, 10:53 AM
We did this with DD 5 this year and it was one of her favorite things. It is a bit time consuming but you do get to see a bit more of the countries. Especially nice if you are taking the kids out of school as you can combine it as a learning experience for your children with the countries they save.

stitchaholic
10-02-2009, 11:27 AM
We'll be going to Epcot on our arrival day, which means we'll probably get there between 2 and 4 p.m. Would there be enough time to complete the missions? Or do we need the whole day? Or is it fun EVEN IF YOU DON'T complete them all?

you get 1 mission,and it took us about 20 minutes to complete the mission, figure 30-40 minutes with a younger child