PDA

View Full Version : Feeling Sick to my Stomach

Magic Smiles
09-20-2009, 10:09 PM
There was a single car accident in the wee hours of the night and the 4 x 4 truck rolled numerous times. 3 of the 4 teens were dead on arrival and the 4th is in the hospital in serious condition. One of the deceased (16 years old girl) was a classmate of DS. Even though I don't know the families or the kids, I am just sick to my stomach and so upset. I can't imagine what the families are going through.

azdisneymom
09-20-2009, 11:43 PM
What a terrible tragedy. My heart and prayers go out to the families of all involved.

SBETigg
09-21-2009, 07:06 AM
Heartbreaking! So sad. I'm sorry. I'm praying for the families. Wishing you and your DS comfort and peace.

VWL Mom
09-21-2009, 07:10 AM
So sad, my prayers are with those families and yours. Some pixie dust to help you stay strong to help DS through this difficult time. :pixie:

Mickey91
09-25-2009, 09:56 AM
We will keep their families and yours in our prayers.

pink
09-27-2009, 12:58 PM
That must be a horrible feeling. I hope your DS will be ok with the news. My heart goes out to the parents but my saying is that nothing good ever happens after midnight. I hope their families are ok. :(

Magic Smiles
09-27-2009, 04:39 PM
Thank you everyone.
The services are now over. There were over 800 people in attendance for the 16 year old girl's celebration of life and over 2000 people visited the 2 19 year old boys viewings, with smaller services in a tight knit community for the boys. It has been a very hard week for everyone as all 3 of these teens were involved in the community.
DS is still having a hard time as even though he didn't know the girl well, he does know quite a few of her friends. He was asked by his Graphics teacher to create a poster in celebration of her life which I think he felt pretty good about, especially when he heard back from her best friend how much the girl's Mother both liked and appreciated the poster.
Some lesson's in life really stink!

SBETigg
09-27-2009, 04:46 PM
How is the 4th teen doing? And best wishes for your son. It's hard to lose classmates, even with just a passing acquaintance. So sorry for all the families involved.

Magic Smiles
09-27-2009, 04:52 PM
How is the 4th teen doing?

She is in serious condition, but non life threatening. The family made a statement ending it with a request to be left alone by the media as it will be a very long healing process.

SBETigg
09-27-2009, 05:03 PM
She is in serious condition, but non life threatening. The family made a statement ending it with a request to be left alone by the media as it will be a very long healing process.

Thanks for the update. Best wishes for the girl in her recovery, both physical and emotional.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
09-27-2009, 09:01 PM
My sympathies to the familes who lost a child. I'm glad to hear the other girl is going to recover. Stressing the use of seat belts to all ages is so important as no one ever thinks it's going to happen to them.

mrsgaribaldi
09-28-2009, 09:20 AM
I'm so sorry too.