PDA

View Full Version : Pirate costume question...

Dsnygirl
09-20-2009, 04:51 AM
:pirate: Does anyone know what the costuming rule is at Disney re: pirate's swords, cutlasses or hooks?? I'm assuming they aren't allowed, even if hooked into your belt, and I'm thinking that wearing them that way would get old after awhile anyway, as you'd have to move them for all the rides.

But - I promised I'd ask, as my 8yr old DD SO wants to bring her pirate sword and I've already warned her it probably wasn't allowed, or a good idea.

And as you parents know, if mom & dad say it's not a great idea - :( - but if Disney says it's not?? :thumbsup:

;)

BugeyedMuggy
09-20-2009, 07:42 AM
I have seen many children with them but I don't know officially as I have never asked Disney myself. I do know that when your child gets tired of carrying them or as you said adjusting for rides you as parents will be the ones to carry them around the entire nite. I have always told my DD I don't care what other parents allow my decision is the right one for us.

Goes4FastPass
09-20-2009, 10:08 AM
My understanding is you can't carry anything that could ever by any reasonable peson be mistaken as the real thing.

Imagineer1981
09-21-2009, 11:09 AM
But you can buy fake swords and guns at Pirates in MK so I don't see why you couldn't bring in your own pirate sword or pirate gun

mattandmandy
09-21-2009, 04:56 PM
But you can buy fake swords and guns at Pirates in MK so I don't see why you couldn't bring in your own pirate sword or pirate gun

I was going to say this also. My son has the sword and hook they sell outside of POTC. So if they sell it in the park I'm sure kids walk around with them all the time even if its not Halloween. :pirate: