PDA

View Full Version : Tutto Italia vs. Chefs de France

Lightning McQueen
09-19-2009, 03:13 AM
Any thoughts on which is better (food and atmostphere)? We love both Italian and French cuisine. Thanks in advance!

PetefromRI
09-19-2009, 08:33 AM
We went to Tutto a few weeks ago and liked it very much.The food was good,not great,and everything else was awesome.We've never eaten at the Bistro but we will this year.I used to work in a french restaurant and the menu was somewhat similar to the Bistro so I'm hoping that it's really good.I've never read a bad report on these boards.As much as we love Les Chefs downstairs,I'm ready for some REAL french food.

Lightning McQueen
09-19-2009, 11:56 AM
Does anyone have an opinion on which of these is better (food and atmosphere)? We love both Italian and French cuisine. Thanks in advance!

PS mods please delete Tutto Italia vs. Bistro de Paris thread. Thanks!

ElenitaB
09-19-2009, 01:16 PM
Ummm... my bad here! :doh: I merged the wrong thread into the wrong thread. So sorry.

I think the food at both restaurants (Tutto and Chefs) is about the same quality wise but have come to the conclusion that Chefs is a tad more friendly and welcoming, I do mean just a tad. Both maitre d's are quite proficient in throwing out attitude. Once you get past them though, the experience improves greatly.

TheRustyScupper
09-19-2009, 04:23 PM
Bistro.

bkfree
09-21-2009, 12:10 PM
Ate at both last trip. Both had very good food, but Tutto was a little better. We sat outside at Tutto and it was wonderful. The atmosphere and CM at Tutto were far better and friendlier to us.
The wait, even with an ADR, was about 40 minutes at Chefs and that was really a turn off.
On our next trip we will return to Tutto but probably not to Chefs.

PlutoPlanet
09-21-2009, 12:38 PM
We ate at both in August. We prefer Chefs de France, but we were pleasantly surprised with Tutto Italia. We have lots of Italian restaurants here in the Boston area. I think TI would fit in fine here. Still, Chefs de France is good enough and different enough for us to eat there every year. The wines by the glass at CdF are very good as well. Our seating at TI was at 5 pm, and they moved us in and our of the restaurant quickly.

bruin1344
09-21-2009, 01:04 PM
I ate at Tutto last year and Chefs over 10 years ago. Both were ok. I would chose Tutto because I like italian cuisine better than french cuisine.