PDA

View Full Version : Large Party''s for Character Meal

seanyred
09-18-2009, 07:34 PM
I have a friend who is going to WDW in a week and have been having problems getting a ADR for a party of 18. They have been trying since their 90 day mark,but because of the free dinning they are not having any luck.I know they call back daily.

Any suggestions for when they get their?

ElenitaB
09-18-2009, 08:08 PM
Are they staying at a resort on property? The first thing I would do would be to talk with the concierge desk at their resort.

It's never the easiest thing to get an ADR for a large party. There is a limited time when groups can be seated (working from memory, I think it's within the first 45 minutes of the venue's opening) and reservations are to be made through group dining and not through WDW-Dine.

Good luck to them. They may have luck at a breakfast or dinner at the Swan's Garden Grove.

Pirate Granny
09-18-2009, 10:44 PM
We were a party of nine and two infants...We booked 90 days out...for Chef Mickey they sat us at two different tables, close together, but we could not push them together...at Liberty Tree Tavern we were seated at one table...the LTT was one of the first dining dinner time slots, but Chef Mickey's was not. We are going on Thursday and we're a party of two and have not been able to add one to our ADR...At this late date, I would call WDWDine and ask them to check resort dining rather than a restaurant at a park; also try a buffet lunch...they may have more luck...and a real person, may be willing to search for them. Unless you are on club level, I don't believe the concierge will be able to assist. Good Luck and I know they will enjoy their trip.
:pirate:

wdwfansince75
09-19-2009, 08:17 AM
We usually have 10 or more on our trips, and usually do several character meals. We have gotten tables of 12 at Chef Mickey's, 1900 Park Faire, and Ohana's but not at the last minute. Most other venues have put us at adjacent tables. Never done the character breakfast at Cape May....Unfortunately, it may be to late to do it, but there is a character breakfast at Tony's as part of the Grand Gathering program.
Also, the WDW dining number used to be able to switch you to a group events number....Helped us all (16) sit together for Christmas dinner at Hollywood and Vine. And it would be worth the effort to call the resort, as to talk to the lobby concierge. Some of them can really work wonders!