PDA

View Full Version : What from childhood do you wish they still made?

Robert's Dad
09-18-2009, 02:27 PM
I will start it off, I wish they still made Adams grape flavor gum I loved that stuff as kid. I also wish they still made G.I. Joes like they did when I was a kid.

alphamommy
09-18-2009, 02:46 PM
Turkish Taffy! I found a website a couple years ago that sold "throwback" candy and snacks, and I looked for it there. They said that it is no longer made - there's something similar (I think it's called "French Chew" or something like that), but it's not the same.

I also miss assorted flavored Tootsie Rolls. I especially loved the vanilla flavored ones. The past couple Christmases, Target has carried limited edition packages of all vanilla, so I've tried to stock up each year. Hope they have them again this year, too!

DizNee143
09-18-2009, 03:00 PM
I also miss assorted flavored Tootsie Rolls. I especially loved the vanilla flavored ones. The past couple Christmases, Target has carried limited edition packages of all vanilla, so I've tried to stock up each year. Hope they have them again this year, too!

they seem to sell the assorted tootsie rolls all year round at the target by me in NJ...
i love those also..and they are definitely out now for halloween..i LOVE the cherry ones!!

MNNHFLTX
09-18-2009, 03:15 PM
I miss the old adjustable metal roller-skates. You know, the ones mentioned in the song "I Got a Pair of Brand New Rollerskates, You Got a Brand New Key". I don't know exactly why--goodness knows I fell down and got scraped up enough times when using them! I guess it's just because I have fond memories of sunny summer days skating on the roads near my house and feeling the gravel in the tar crunch under the wheels.

Oh, and I miss the old prizes they used to have in Cracker Jack. They really used to be cool--not like the lame stuff they put in there these days. (Okay, maybe the old toys weren't safe for kids under 3, but then a person shouldn't feed their 2-year-olds Cracker Jack anyway!) And remember the toys they used to put in cereal boxes? Do they do that anymore?

The Reservoir Dog
09-18-2009, 03:26 PM
For everyone in the UK over 35. Do remember Spangles? Fizzy sweets in Cola & Lemonade flavour. Also Football Crazy? Bacon flavour football shaped bites. Hmmmm! Nice!

stitchaholic
09-18-2009, 03:32 PM
roller skates with the big ol stopper on the front
pudding pops
those juice filled wax candy

(not sure if there is a bulk barn in the U.S.,but i saw turkish delight in there!)

Disney Doll
09-18-2009, 03:33 PM
I know what it would be for DH, Kool-Aide Oh- Yeah Orange-Pineapple. It's been gone for years, but about 10 years ago DH stumbled on a supply at an older grocery store. Assuming they don't expire he bought the few they had left and acted as though he had stumbled upon a real treasure. Shortly after we had an apartment fire in our building which mainly resulted in some smoke and water damage to our unit. Not wanting to take a chance I threw out all food items. DH was sure the Kool-Aid packets were unaffected, but by the time he realized what I had done it was too late. He still talks about me throwing away his Oh-Yeah Orange-Pineapple.

laprana
09-18-2009, 03:58 PM
Great post! I wish they still made Rinky Dinks! It was a candy that came with 3 different flavors in each box, and each flavor had it's own little "compartment" so they didn't get mixed together. They were these little round ball things and I think they came in grape, strawberry, and lemon. I haven't seen those for years! I also wish Brach's still made their Sparklers candies. They were just round hard candies - kind of like a sucker with no stick - but man, I loved those! :D

DizNee143
09-18-2009, 04:09 PM
those juice filled wax candy

they still make these..i dont know where i have seen them..but i know i catch them everyone once in a while..

I also wish Brach's still made their Sparklers candies. They were just round hard candies - kind of like a sucker with no stick - but man, I loved those! :D

my mom use to buy these all the time..they would be in the bulk candy section in our supermarket..but now i can find them in bags at the supermarket or like target or a store like that..

*my mom raves about the catalog the Vermont Store..they sell items from way back when..

snerd475
09-18-2009, 04:12 PM
Koogle Flavored Peanut Butter! The best one was the chocolate. I know they had, maybe even still have a Jif or something that was similar, but it wasn't the same.

I thought the same about Quisp cereal a few years ago, but I found it on line and ordered some. It wasn't quite as good as I remembered...

And do they make Jiffy Pop anymore? I can't find it. Too much microwave stuff.

CanadianWDWFan
09-18-2009, 04:36 PM
Here in Ontario we had Lolas! These were triangle shaped frozen popsicle type treats. They were quite large and I ALWAYS got brain freeze eating one. There was a company a few years ago that brought them back, but I haven't seen them recently.

Spartan_Jeff
09-18-2009, 09:26 PM
I also miss Brach's Sparkles, I also wish they still made Wacky Wafer candy , they last time I looked they did not make them anymore.

I LoveJack
09-18-2009, 10:12 PM
I remember as a small child having Dr. Pepper float bars, where they had vanilla ice-cream in the middle and a Dr. Pepper popcycle on the outside.
And yes they still make Jiffy Pop.

DVC2004
09-18-2009, 10:44 PM
Cannot remember what these were called- but they were fruit juices that came inside a plastic fruit like a big orange or a bunch of big purple grapes- and you used to stick a strw in and drink it up. I used to love those. Anyone know what I am talking about? From the 70s.

Robert's Dad
09-18-2009, 11:00 PM
I rember those, I don't know what they were called

AHOTE
09-18-2009, 11:24 PM
Turkish Taffy! I found a website a couple years ago that sold "throwback" candy and snacks, and I looked for it there. They said that it is no longer made - there's something similar (I think it's called "French Chew" or something like that), but it's not the same.

Here's some good news;

Anyone who enjoyed this as a kid: Bonomo's Turkish Taffy... B-O... N-O... M-O... Oh, Oh, Oh... it Bonomo's... Turkish Taaaaaaafy! News flash! At the recent All Candy Expo in Chicago we learned that Bonomo's is returning. We even had a sample and it is just as we remember. :cloud9: Availability has not been announced. While I remember it well I'm not quite sure it will be "filling, cap or crown friendly"
I'll try to get more information on when and where it will be available...

luvmyboys4ever
09-19-2009, 05:00 AM
Toy:
This is obscure. I had a Jolly Green Giant factory. It came with little, plastic cans of vegetables that went through the factory, which had a conveyor belt. Totally dorky, but I loved it.
Food:
Frankenberry...not the new version. It's tastes like it's coatd in plastic! :ack:

stitchaholic
09-19-2009, 07:53 AM
This is obscure. I had a Jolly Green Giant factory. It came with little, plastic cans of vegetables that went through the factory, which had a conveyor belt. Totally dorky, but I loved it.
Food:
Frankenberry...not the new version. It's tastes like it's coatd in plastic!

oh my goodness,you reminded me of the McDonalds restaurants they used to sell with the plastic food ! and the weebles "weebles wobble but they don't fall down"

i also used to love frankenberry,BOOberry and count chocula, ahhh the memories!

Tiggerlovr9000
09-19-2009, 10:38 AM
The fried apple pies they used to have at McDonalds. I don't like the new baked ones even if they are healthier.:blush:

Mousefever
09-19-2009, 02:57 PM
they still make these..i dont know where i have seen them..but i know i catch them everyone once in a while..

my mom use to buy these all the time..they would be in the bulk candy section in our supermarket..but now i can find them in bags at the supermarket or like target or a store like that..

*my mom raves about the catalog the Vermont Store..they sell items from way back when..

It's called The Vermont Country Store, just to be helpful. They have a huge variety of items from "yesteryear". You can find the store online too (same name). When I was growing up in Vermont we used to love taking visitors to The Vermont Country Store in Weston, VT. The same family still owns it and they also have a store in Rockingham, VT.

OK, now I'm homesick.

Amy

AvaNellMouse
09-19-2009, 07:01 PM
I wish the network TV was full of variety shows in the evenings and GOOD cartoons on Saturday morning. Do you remember the CBS After School Special? What about the local afternoon matinee movie? Ours was Dialing for Dollars - the host would call people "at random" from the phone book (which had been chopped into a million pieces). When he called you had to know the dollar amount in the jackpot to win.

ILoveLegos
09-20-2009, 09:28 PM
Toy:
Food:
Frankenberry...not the new version. It's tastes like it's coatd in plastic! :ack:

My sister had the Jolly Green Giant Factory, I loved that toy, at least until I took it apart to figure out how it worked. I was always the little engineer, hehehe - basically broke it. :blush: My sister hated when I got my little tool belt out, LOL!

Tink1
09-20-2009, 10:21 PM
I second bonomo turkish taffy. Loved the Vanilla. I heard sometime in 2010 for it.

Marathon Candy Bars, was braided chocolate and carmel.

Black Cows- chocolate covered Sugar Daddy

Rice Krinkles cereal. I showed my kids the commercial for it on youtube. SOOO not politically correct! But they could not stop laughing.

Nanc

disneyboundagain
09-20-2009, 11:27 PM
I wish the network TV was full of variety shows in the evenings and GOOD cartoons on Saturday morning. Do you remember the CBS After School Special? What about the local afternoon matinee movie? Ours was Dialing for Dollars - the host would call people "at random" from the phone book (which had been chopped into a million pieces). When he called you had to know the dollar amount in the jackpot to win.

You beat me to the punch! Everyone else is mentioning food, but since bacon and dougnuts haven't changed, I was going to take the TV route. What ever happened to shows like BJ and the Bear, Fall Guy, CHiPs, M*A*S*H, The Incredible Hulk...?? I miss quality TV :(:(

VWL Mom
09-21-2009, 07:07 AM
What ever happened to shows like BJ and the Bear, Fall Guy, CHiPs, M*A*S*H, The Incredible Hulk...?? I miss quality TV :(:(

In my area M*A*S*H is currently in reruns on TV Land at 9PM on weeknights. :mickey:

Mousefever
09-22-2009, 11:51 AM
I miss the easy availability of brown bread in a can.

Does anyone remember Buckwheats? I miss those.

Amy

wdwfansince75
09-22-2009, 04:07 PM
I miss the easy availability of brown bread in a can.

Does anyone remember Buckwheats? I miss those.

Amy

Our local Publix, and our Ingles both carry B&M Brown Bread in the can....Still an occasional treat!
I think General Mills used to make Buckwheats...Haven't seen it in years. Never was all that fond of it, so haven't really been looking for it.

jnfr2424
09-22-2009, 04:50 PM
Real Fisher Price toys!
I had the classroom and the ferris wheel and I loved the parking garage! I even had the desk with the magnetic plastic letters and I learns how to spell words!
Another vote for real Saturday Morning Cartoons! Smurfs used to be on for 90 minutes and I loved it Superfriends and you always knew when it was time to go outside and play when American Bandstand came on!

coloradowendyl
09-22-2009, 05:03 PM
Another vote for real Saturday Morning Cartoons! Smurfs used to be on for 90 minutes and I loved it Superfriends and you always knew when it was time to go outside and play when American Bandstand came on!

Mighty Mouse, Lippy the Lion, and TwoShay (sp?) Turtle...definitely my favorite cartoons.
Anyone besides me remember when the Flintstones was on at night, once a week at 7pm as a prime time show?

I also miss the fact that you don't have the anticipation of the one special night the Christmas Specials were on! Now, you can watch Rudolph at any time of year..somehow it is not as special as that eagerly anticipated show!

The food I miss...is still for sale in normal areas of the world, however, Colorado seems to think it doesn't exist: Marshmallow Fluff (not the icky creme stuff), hotdog rolls with the sides for grilling, Kayem hotdogs, and a 1/2 dozen other things that can't seem to cross the Mississippi lol! Thank goodness I have friends who send care packages!

Wendy

thrillme
09-22-2009, 07:16 PM
Real Fisher Price toys!
I had the classroom and the ferris wheel and I loved the parking garage!

Watch out...you might be showing a little age here. I too had the parking garage and airplane, farm, ferris wheel, house...etc...and they were made out of WOOD. They felt "right" to play with. Lincoln Logs too made out of WOOD not plastic. I refuse to buy plastic lincoln logs.

TV...I kinda miss Project Terror and Elvira Mistress of the Dark on Friday nights. (Ok...it's weird but ever since I was really little I'd watch the friday night scary movie with my Dad...). Elvira was more of a late teenage thing but she was GREAT...as the Killer Tomatoes were squashed by the sound of Donny Osmond.

alphamommy
09-22-2009, 09:33 PM
I'm so happy to hear about Turkish Taffy! I hope it comes back to my area, too.

I forgot about Marathon Bars - I loved those! I also liked the original Whatchamacallit (without caramel).

As for TV, I miss Bugs Bunny and Friends on Saturday mornings, and agree with the PP who mentioned the days when the holiday specials only aired once, and that was your only shot at seeing them. I do like having the DVDs now in case we miss them on. Back in the day, they also showed "The Wizard of Oz" once a year, and I remember that being a big event. I wish there were funny, family-friendly sitcoms again. There's really no series on network TV that we feel comfortable watching as a family.

Someone else mentioned wood Lincoln Logs - I also miss wooden Tinker Toys. I loved those - I made lots of furniture for my Barbie dolls out of them!

diz_girl
09-24-2009, 12:15 PM
Cannot remember what these were called- but they were fruit juices that came inside a plastic fruit like a big orange or a bunch of big purple grapes- and you used to stick a strw in and drink it up. I used to love those. Anyone know what I am talking about? From the 70s.

I don't know what they're called either, but I remember the first time that I had them. It was in 1976 on my first trip to WDW. I had an Orange one at an OJ stand somewhere in Florida going to WDW and I swear that I had a grape one or another orange one in the MK. Maybe I'm mixing memories, but those moments were kind of memorable.

Marilyn Michetti
09-30-2009, 10:18 AM
Chatty Kathy doll. She would be worth serious money now.:thumbsup:

MNNHFLTX
09-30-2009, 02:17 PM
Chatty Kathy doll. She would be worth serious money now.:thumbsup:

Oh, I had one of those too! :)

crazypoohbear
10-01-2009, 08:58 AM
My wish for what I had as a child that isn't around anymore.
INNOCENCE and the feeling of being safe in your neighborhood. I wish that kids today could go out side and play without fear.
Kids today have so much to worry about, I wish for the days of innocence and carefree summer days.

DisneyCrazyET
10-04-2009, 03:44 PM
penny candy for a penny not downsized either

Joannelet
10-04-2009, 04:18 PM
I wish they still showed the original 80's cartoons. Like Strawberry Shortcake, Get Along Gang, Care Bears and Care Bear Cousins, The Smurfs, The Wuzzles, Monchichi etc.
And there is seriously NOTHING like the family type shows that were on back then like Family Ties, Growing Pains, etc. I wish those things were still on too :)
As for toys I miss our fisher price toys. They weren't wood anymore like someone previously posted but they were big-much bigger than the replicas they try to remake today and were worth holding onto. We still have my fisher price toys. As a matter of fact my DS plays with a fisher price crib toy that still works perfectly and its from 1973! :) They have all outlasted over 35+ years...now those are good toys!!! Our children are getting kicks out of playing with the toys that we did when we were little. Its amazing how well they have held up throughout time.

justice11
10-04-2009, 04:34 PM
FIZZIES!!!! they were like an alka seltzer tablet and you put them in a glass of water and had a cool drink. i am 62 so many of you will not remember this. i also agree with the innocence of my youth.

magicofdisney
10-04-2009, 04:43 PM
You beat me to the punch! Everyone else is mentioning food, but since bacon and dougnuts haven't changed, I was going to take the TV route. What ever happened to shows like BJ and the Bear, Fall Guy, CHiPs, M*A*S*H, The Incredible Hulk...?? I miss quality TV :(:(
Oh...but the bacon has changed.

Years ago they began breeding pigs for leanness. My bacon doesn't cook up quite the way it used to. And don't get me started on how different pork chops are now. At least this is my experience here in FL.

jax86
10-05-2009, 07:41 PM
the original wacky packs!!

AvaNellMouse
10-06-2009, 10:46 PM
My wish for what I had as a child that isn't around anymore.
INNOCENCE and the feeling of being safe in your neighborhood. I wish that kids today could go out side and play without fear.

Playing kick the can until the street light came on - time to go in! Our house was the place where all of the kids came to play. We used to play freeze tag, red rover, hide & seek - do kids even know these games?
Okay, that's it. I'm going to put together a game of tag with my neighbors. I will win because I am 40-something and everyone else is over 70. :cool:

QTPie68
10-12-2009, 05:06 AM
Jolly Rancher "Fire" flavor - - they were cinnamon. Use to get them at our favorite camping site store - 1 cent. They also sold really good strips of beef jerkey - those were 5 cents (now that IS showing my age!)

I also remember the Bach's Sparkler's - Watermelon was the best!!

Septbride2002
10-13-2009, 06:07 PM
I also miss the anticipation of watching the Christmas Specials and I miss the old ones - not just Rudolph and Charlie Brown Christmas but I miss:
*Twas Night Before Christmas
*Nester the Long Eared Donkey
*Frosty the Snowman

Some of these I did manage to find on the Family Channel last year - my daughter loved Twas the Night before Christmas.

I also miss the way they use to show the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade - now they are constantly cutting to commercials as soon as a big balloon come down the street. I use to sit and not miss a moment of the parade - now it is boring and I can't get my little one to settle down to watch either.

As far as food - I wish they still made Chocodiles - it was a Twinkie covered in hard chocolate. So freaking good!

~Amanda

crazeedizneefinatic
10-15-2009, 02:19 PM
like someone else mentioned Weebles and the little FIsher Price playsets with the square people....I had Disneyland for Weebles and the Holiday Inn Fisher Price set....I LOVED those playsets!

I do still have them minus a few pieces...they just don't make toys like that anymore. Simple. You had to use your imagination, now everything lights up and makes noise, practically plays itself....lol

mouseketeer mom
10-26-2009, 09:45 AM
FIZZIES!!!! they were like an alka seltzer tablet and you put them in a glass of water and had a cool drink. i am 62 so many of you will not remember this. i also agree with the innocence of my youth.

Fizzies! I loved fizzies!!! They came in a pouch, about 10 tabs per pouch, right? In all different flavors, grape, orange, you would put them in a glass of cold water and then it would turn into soda!!! I LOVED these. (I'm 44 by the way)

mouseketeer mom
10-26-2009, 09:47 AM
the original wacky packs!!

I was a huge wacky pack collector (I'm 44 now!) and my Mom had saved my collection without telling me, and gave them to me when I had my own kids. Do you know my kids still enjoy looking at them? And they were so gross and disgusting!!! I can't believe how much I loved them, and now I probably wouldn't even want my own kids to collect them!

mouseketeer mom
10-26-2009, 09:48 AM
For us ladies, how about Bonne Bell lipsmackers?? The big ones! They came in sooo many flavors and I used to collect them all. They were like giant chapsticks in really fun flavors, like 7-up. Anyone remember?

MickeyMousse
10-26-2009, 10:13 AM
I wish they still made these chocolate chip and walnut cookies that came in a red box. They had a swirl design and were shiny, half dollar sized cookies. We'd plow thru a box in less than 2 days in my house!

Also, I loved watching The Banana Splits and The Magic Garden as a kid. My kids would roll their eyes if they saw that on tv these days!!!

Dragongirlx
10-26-2009, 11:50 AM
For everyone in the UK over 35. Do remember Spangles? Fizzy sweets in Cola & Lemonade flavour. Also Football Crazy? Bacon flavour football shaped bites. Hmmmm! Nice!

I remember those and I am under 35 (just)) whatabout Cremola foam. You could stir it into your water and get a fizzy drink - pure sugar in a glass and Strawberry quosh

stitchaholic
10-26-2009, 12:45 PM
Fizzies! I loved fizzies!!! They came in a pouch, about 10 tabs per pouch, right?

these still exist,they do in canada anyway, i never tried to put them in water and make soda though, you can bet i will try it,lol!

mouseketeer mom
10-26-2009, 05:01 PM
these still exist,they do in canada anyway, i never tried to put them in water and make soda though, you can bet i will try it,lol!

The ones I'm talking about we're made to put in water to turn it into a fizzie drink?? What are the ones in Canada about? Do they just fizz in your mouth?

buzznwoodysmom
10-26-2009, 06:17 PM

I remember those. I have not seen those since I was a little kid. I had forgotten all about them until reading your post.

buzznwoodysmom
10-26-2009, 06:23 PM
Real Fisher Price toys!
I had the classroom and the ferris wheel and I loved the parking garage! I even had the desk with the magnetic plastic letters and I learns how to spell words!

OMG, you have me laughing over here. I had the desk with the magnetic letters. My mom kept it and my kids played with it when they were younger, still do on occasion. And Saturday morning cartoons were the best. Its funny because when American Bandstand came on out to play we went as well. Kids these days have cartoon channels that play cartoons round the clock, so Sat. mornings are no longer special. Such a shame. Its so fun to take a trip down memory lane!

buzznwoodysmom
10-26-2009, 06:34 PM
Playing kick the can until the street light came on - time to go in! Our house was the place where all of the kids came to play. We used to play freeze tag, red rover, hide & seek - do kids even know these games?
Okay, that's it. I'm going to put together a game of tag with my neighbors. I will win because I am 40-something and everyone else is over 70. :cool:

My kids and a few of the neighborhood kids play hide and seek all the time. They also spend endless hours drawing with sidewalk chalk in our driveway and along the side walk to the next driveway. They also love playing "red light, yellow light, green light, go". Good old fashion fun games. I am very thankful that we live in a very safe neighborhood and that all our nearby parents keep an eye on the kids. I know that there is always at least a few pairs of eyes on the kids as they play together in the front yards and along our quiet street. We let our kids play outside until all the street lights come on. Before we moved here I didn't think we'd find a place that we could let our kids be kids like that.

Dawn,DeniseandDiane
10-26-2009, 09:04 PM
We LOVED the Marathon bars! They were huge to us! We also loved "Freakies" Cereal. They had a Freakie plastic "character" in each box. We 6 kids at home would wrestle for them! Good times......

You can still get "Black Cows" at our local pharmacy/candy store.

Dawn,Denise&Diane:wave::wave::wave:

stitchaholic
10-27-2009, 05:51 AM
The ones I'm talking about we're made to put in water to turn it into a fizzie drink?? What are the ones in Canada about? Do they just fizz in your mouth?

they come in a strip of about 10 candies,and in orange,grape,cherry
it is a hard candy with fizzy stuff in the centre and they are called fizz

mouseketeer mom
10-27-2009, 07:52 AM
The ones I grew up with were called fizzies. And they were almost like an alka seltzer tab that dissolved in the water. They looked like an alka seltzer tab too!

kakn7294
10-27-2009, 09:08 AM
I miss PDQ. I loved that stuff - in milk, on ice cream, or just eaten straight out of the jar (mom hated that one!).

tinklover
10-27-2009, 09:14 AM
For us ladies, how about Bonne Bell lipsmackers?? The big ones! They came in sooo many flavors and I used to collect them all. They were like giant chapsticks in really fun flavors, like 7-up. Anyone remember?
I remember those, I had 7-up and Dr Pepper until My baby brother ate them :(

tinklover
10-27-2009, 09:16 AM
I wish they still made these chocolate chip and walnut cookies that came in a red box. They had a swirl design and were shiny, half dollar sized cookies. We'd plow thru a box in less than 2 days in my house!

Also, I loved watching The Banana Splits and The Magic Garden as a kid. My kids would roll their eyes if they saw that on tv these days!!!

My girls watch the banana splits and smurfs and snorks and alot of the older cartoons on boomerang. it's a sister channel to Cartoon Network. They love it. they are 5 and 6.

I miss the new zoo review and great space coaster. HAHAHAHAHA

Dawn,DeniseandDiane
10-27-2009, 10:20 PM
Denise still has her Smurf sheets! They are like brand new! Dawn had PeeWee Herman sheets too!! I still have my Ed Grimley talking doll & Dawn has her talking PeeWee doll!

Dawn,Denise&Diane:wave::wave::wave:

ILoveLegos
10-28-2009, 12:14 PM
I had a flash back to childhood. My favorite toys were also:
2XL - The robot
Big Trak & Big Trak Transport
Spirograph (with real pins in it to hold the paper).
Colorforms Sets (thick plastic pieces not the junky thin ones of today)
Tonka Trucks (made of Metal)
As some one mentioned before the original fisher price: House, Farm. Airport, Garage, School and Firehouse!
Weebles - We had the pleasure boat!

All these were highly prized among my brother sister & me.

NJGIRL
11-10-2009, 09:51 AM
Giant Tinker Toys

crazypoohbear
11-15-2009, 09:50 AM
TV sitcoms with theme songs... Who doesn't remember the words and/or music to bonanza, little house on the prairie, the monkees, gilligans island, brady bunch, the partridge family, family, my three sons, flipper, mash, the adams family, facts of life, happy days, threes company, gunsmoke, the odd couple.
And remember when the tv shows use to do a christmas special and at the end of the show the cast all wised everyone a merry christmas and happy new year.
Also, I miss the old talk shows where the stars came on and just talked unscripted without being there to promote the heck out of their new movie or book. Now every talk show has the same stars who tell the exact same stories and quips.
I loved watching Johnny carson back in the day when they actually smoked and drank on the show! Having people like Bob Newhart, Don rickles, soupy sales, frank sinatra just show up and stay and talk, was priceless! Seeing them with their guard down was a real treat.