PDA

View Full Version : Candelight Processional Question: I'm thinking

Sneaky Pete
09-18-2009, 12:50 AM
about taking our 4 young ones to see the CP this year for the first time. We are going 1st week in December.

I've been to Fantasmic several times and we've always done the dinner package to avoid long wait. My question is should we do the dinner package for CP?

Is this usually crowded on weekends? I don't need great seats but we don't want to stand in line for an hour either.

Any thoughts?

GAN
09-18-2009, 05:20 AM
I'm afraid the only way to get seats, without being part of the dining package, is to wait in line -which is usually a pretty long line. Maybe you and the wife could switch off standing in line while entertaining the kids somewhere in the area. The show is not to be missed in my opinion, and is worth an hour or two wait.

Daisy'sMom
09-18-2009, 08:46 AM
You really need a dinner package. The other line start forming so early and with four children, that would be a disaster, all that waiting and not even getting a seat.
It is well worth it.:mickey:

MNNHFLTX
09-18-2009, 09:29 AM
I would recommend purchasing the dinner package also. The stand-by line line starts forming at least an hour before the performance starts and even then there is no guarantee that there will be seats available by the time the people who purchased the package are seated. If you do not want to purchase the package you can always hear (and often see at least part of) the processional from area in front of the American Pavilion. If your kids are very little and would have a hard time sitting for the entire show in the theater, this might not be a bad option.

Marilyn Michetti
09-18-2009, 11:46 AM
We've never gotten the dinner package, and have always gotten great seats. Even with the package, you have to get in line early. You'll get a seat, but they're not reserved - just guaranteed.:thumbsup:

We're going from the 6th - 15th, and I can hardly wait. The CP is one of my favorite events.

Gator
09-18-2009, 03:18 PM
The Christmas season has become a lot more crowded around Epcot. The reason? Epcot evening pass. Locals buy this and then hit Epcot after work to catch the Processional and the mega-fireworks. It's always crowded at night at Epcot during the holidays.

Goes4FastPass
09-19-2009, 03:59 PM
You didn't say if you're on the DDP.

I think it's a crime that restaurants that are usually 1 TS credit are 2 TS credits for the CP dinner package.

Candlelight Processional: Queue forever or pay extra. What a shame.

thumperbug
09-19-2009, 05:25 PM
If you decide you want the dinner package, book asap. They fill up fast.

elmjimmlm
09-19-2009, 09:53 PM
We chose to do the package and I am glad that we did...I have 3 children and I can't imagine them standing in that line for as long as people did to get in...We had lunch at Le Cellier and loved it...It is a great thing to do...It was the highlight of our trip...

busterthebronco
09-20-2009, 01:50 PM
do the package but take the cheapest. basically all seats are the same.