PDA

View Full Version : Woohoo It's Official!!

IamBelle
09-17-2009, 11:06 PM
I went to my band meeting tonight, and we finally got our itinerary for out trip to Disney in April for Disney's Magic Music Days!! We are going for 5 days 4 nights in April, going to SeaWorld for 1 day, and then Disney for 3 days. While we are there, we are doing a music workshop and marching in the MK parade!! We also might be doing a concert also. I'm so excited!!! I now have 209 days before we leave!!

badkitty
09-18-2009, 12:04 AM
Let me be the first to congratulate you! You will have an awesome time. :thumbsup:

Jennifer_and_Chris
09-18-2009, 01:49 PM
Congrats!

If could turn back the hands of time, I would have taken all the high school and college opportunities to go to WDW......

How lucky you are to have found a place you love to go to like Disney at your age!!!!

I didn't find disney until I was 24!

IceRef
09-18-2009, 03:35 PM
Congratulations on the confirmation of the trip Belle. The extra events the band will get to participate in sound more than great.

Hope you get to have the percussion line be featured at some point during your performances. When our son participated he marched playing Bass 5, or as a member of the units cymbal line. While marching with the drum corps he had 10 years of opportunities to perform at the parks. That was going all the way back to 1996 when Disney was a sponsor of the DCI Championships in Orlando. Disney treated the organization and the members to a great experience. We know yours will be as exciting as you hope it will. Have a great time !

IamBelle
09-18-2009, 05:17 PM
Hope you get to have the percussion line be featured at some point during your performances. When our son participated he marched playing Bass 5, or as a member of the units cymbal line.

I hope so, I play Top Bass in the Drumline and also do concert band with the twenty other percussionists in the band. They went before and said everyone had something to play, so I hope I will get the chance to play at least in one of the songs, I am a Senior this year, so I should get 1st priority...

IceRef
09-18-2009, 06:32 PM
IamBelle:

A Bass line ensemble run would be sweet, if they let you have a shot. It's a bit harder to justify in a concert setting than what we had seen with the corps. Concert percussion lines seem to be expected to be more subdued than the drum corps had to be.

It was pretty cool when the drum line was cut loose during a few breaks while they were filming for the Christmas Parade. The line just jammed for the crowd that had gathered, and had a great time taking in the contact with the spectators.

The memories will be priceless for you no matter what!

vws_and_disney
09-18-2009, 07:29 PM
congrats!!! sounds like a blast, and even more the stories/memories will be everlasting. :thumbsup:

vizsla
09-19-2009, 06:41 AM
Congratulations :thumbsup:

SillySymphony
09-24-2009, 07:47 PM
Congratulations, Belle !!! The Magic Music Days program is a one-of-a-kind opportunity. This is one of those events in a young musician's life that has real staying power. Work hard for your Music Director and if you need any info on the program itself, you or your parents may message me for links to the various Workshops. Enjoy !!:mickey: