PDA

View Full Version : Dd2d

Alligirl
09-17-2009, 10:33 PM
Well friends Disney's Doorway to Dreams in the Roosevelt Field mall is now open! I went today after work and it is great! They have a 2 bdrm mock up of the BLT. A nice lobby, a waiting area, clubhouse for the kiddies, and a short 5 minute movie explaining DVC to newcomers. We went after work, got the tour and are very happy to have DVC here in our neck of the woods! :thumbsup:The "official" opening is Saturday October 17, I am sure it will be a big shindig!! :mickey::mickey:

seanyred
09-17-2009, 10:54 PM
I'm in the Chicago area and have been to Doorway to Dreams at Woodfield Mall (Actually thats where I ended up purchasing DVC). Anyway I remember when it opened they had a big celebration with Mickey and everyone. Also I think the President of DVC was also there. Enjoy....

oh and they don't mind if you stop by between your Disney trips for a mini-Disney fix. I personally love that I can get updated maps of the parks when I go...but I'm kinda a map dork/junkie

Alligirl
09-17-2009, 11:05 PM
Maps?!? I didn't know they had park map's!!! I need some new ones! Oh well guess I will just have to go back! :thumbsup: I also applied for a job with them and am waiting with my fingers crossed !!:fingers::mickey:

seanyred
09-17-2009, 11:33 PM
Yeah at ours they had maps to all 4 theme parks plus DL and DCA. As well as other brochures...Also If you want to pick up your Portable Perks Early you can ask for one their. When I asked for the maps and stuff for our upcoming trip they made a nice bag with all the maps and even included a coloring book and stickers for my DS.

Also get some Doorway to Dreams pins they are free and tradeable. (if your into pin trading).

Oh and good luck on the Job application

Alligirl
09-18-2009, 08:00 AM
Great idea thanks! I always try to get a bunch of maps while I am in WDW since I am everyone's "trip advisor" at work and in the family, so this will come in handy! I didn't see any pins, but it was day one and they were saying how they had employees there until 4am getting it ready to shine! The big celebration opening is next month, I am sure they will have them by then!