PDA

View Full Version : Going to the world for new years, where should we eat?

Bri
09-17-2009, 01:07 PM
Hi all,

We (me and 3 of my friends) are going to be at POP from Dec 30-Jan 4. We are getting the quick service meal plan. But we want to do a sit down on New Years Eve and probably a character breakfast one day.

So for the sit down, I think it's between Teppen Edo and Mexico. I've been to Teppen Edo before and it's great. Any comments on Mexico?

For the character breakfast, I've been to 1900 Park Fare and Cape May Cafe. I know the buffet food is all basically the same no matter which place you go to. Any suggestions on the character breakfast?

I know that we might just have to take what's available but if we do have options, I would love to hear everyones opinions!

Thanks!

SBETigg
09-17-2009, 01:25 PM
I like San Angel Inn. I've always had passably good (not great, but good) food and service and I love the atmosphere. But it draws very mixed reviews. I really enjoy Teppan Edo and have always had very good food there and a lot of fun. To pick one of the two, I would have to say Teppan Edo.

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-17-2009, 02:09 PM
We weren't impressed with the TS food at Mexico, although the atmosphere is very cool...I'd go with Teppen Edo

LittleRoosMommy
09-17-2009, 02:15 PM
You could also try Crystal Palace. We've always had good food and great character intereaction. It really depends on what characters you want to see as well.

As far as NYE, I would base my dining on what park I want to be in for the day/night. We went on NYE 7 years ago and the parks were to capacity by 10 or 11 in the morning. So, if you were thinking about park hopping for dinner, I would be careful in doing so. Didn't know if you had been to WDW for NYE before or not. Sorry if you already knew this info.

I think I would go w/ Teppan Edo!

cather74
09-17-2009, 04:27 PM
Mexico food is ok. We ate their twice.Both times it wasn't amazing but the place is so pretty. The second time we ate there they dropped a tray of margaritas on my head. I was soaked! They gave me a free shirt to change into since I was drenched. Only free thing to ever come out of Disney!:funny:

TheRustyScupper
09-17-2009, 04:33 PM
So for the sit down, I think it's between Teppen Edo and Mexico. I've been to Teppen Edo before and it's great. Any comments on Mexico?
. . . for WDW sit downs, Mexico is about average
. . . nothing to write home about
. . . but, also nothing to drive you away

For the character breakfast, I've been to 1900 Park Fare and Cape May Cafe. I know the buffet food is all basically the same no matter which place you go to.
. . . try the Hilton or Swan character meals
. . . the food is better than at Disney character meals

Bri
09-21-2009, 12:44 PM
thanks for all your responses. we have never been for nye before, but we have heard about the crowds and are planning on being in epcot all day. i think for character breakfast, we might try to crystal palace or chef mickeys. i know they book quickly, but here's to hoping!:fingers: