PDA

View Full Version : Trying some new things this trip...

1goofyfamily
09-17-2009, 12:48 PM
Got our ADR's....didn't get everything we wanted (mainly Le Celier) for our Dec trip but my side of the family hasn't been in 8 years so everything will be new for them. We had always done Chef Mickey's 1st night but it was full so we are ending our trip there instead and are starting at Crystal Palace the night we get in...which we normally had always done breakfast at. Our other dinner spots will be Tuto Italia, Whispering Canyon, Coral Reef, Boma and Sci Fi. We are also doing the Princess breakfast at Askerhaus...since this will be our daughter's and my niece's 1st trip all the boys will just have to deal with it.

phillydan
09-17-2009, 01:00 PM
We tried Whispering Canyon and Tutto Italia for the first time last month. Here are my thoughts:

WC - food was great and plentiful; atmosphere was noisy and lively, so be careful if you are looking for a relaxing, quiet dinner. We enjoyed it, but once is enough.

Tutto Italia - what can I say? Fantastic across the board. Excellent service, nice atmosphere, good food and an overall pleasant experience. Would definitely go again.

Good luck with your other choices.

ERJDriver
09-17-2009, 03:41 PM
Sounds like some great choices. We've eaten at Whispering Canyon, Coral Reef, and Boma. Whispering Canyon is great, it is a little noisy but the food is great and its' a fun atmosphere for kids. Coral Reef seems to get consistently mixed reviews leaning toward bad, especially here, but we have eaten there several times and have never had a bad experience. The atmosphere is awesome and all seats have a great view of the aquarium. Boma seems to always get rave reviews on here, but we were underwhelmed. It was very good, but I think it had been built up a little to much. I'm sure you'll have a great time.

darthmacho
09-17-2009, 04:06 PM
Great choices. I love Whispering Canyon, Akershus and Boma.

I like the idea of you finishing at Chef Mickey's. That sounds like a fabulous way to wrap up a trip. Certain things just feel "right" for that sort of thing. :mickey:

1goofyfamily
09-17-2009, 06:01 PM
definatley not worried about a relaxing meal....have 4 kids so can't remember when we last had one of those. Plus there will be 15 of this trip. We haven't been to Whispering Canyon in a few trips and our kids and MIL & FIL loved it then.