PDA

View Full Version : Mnsshp Vs Mvmcp

lightyearfan
09-17-2009, 12:31 PM
well me and dw just got back from WDW and it was another fantastic trip. there has been allot of back and forth regarding these two events and since i didn't goto MNSSHP until this trip, i couldn''t way in, so here it goes.....

me and dw had a much better time at the xmas party, that's not saying that we didn't enjoy the hallo party, there is more to do at the xmas party, they have more shows , to me and dw the parade is much better except for the headless horseman that was cool, and the overall feel of the park is better at xmas time. now maybe this is because we went in sept and not in october(to me halloween is only a 1 day holiday, it's not like xmas where it's practically all month starting after thanksgiving). again don't get me wrong we enjoyed ourselves the trick & treating was very fun, but it just didn't have that special feel to it.

since we've now done all 3 parties this is how we rank the big things:

bset parade : MVMCP
best fireworks :PNP Party
best shows: MVMCP

i mean even at the PNP Party they had these little off shows all around the park, just not much for the halloween party.

VIctor

GrmGrninGost
09-17-2009, 12:57 PM
I love MVMCP but I have to disagree. IMHO MNSSHP is the best! :mpumpkin:

Renfairwedding
09-17-2009, 01:13 PM
I like the Halloween much more. Grown ups and kids alike dress up and seem to have more fun and less stressed.

Were else can you escape to the magic of Disney then add you own Halloween magic.

One of my Favorite years was when the Incredibles was released. So many familys getting together and looking good in red!

joanna71985
09-17-2009, 01:16 PM
If I was going to pick out of the 3, I would have to go with the P&P as my overall favorite. Then it's a toss between mnsshp and mvmcp between my next favorite. mnsshp has the better characters and fireworks, mvmcp has the better shows, and I enjoy both parades the same (this is all my opinion).

Aggie97
09-17-2009, 03:21 PM
I understand what you mean. We have enjoyed all the parties, but for different reasons:

MVMCP - best shows and overall festive atmosphere

MNSSHP - best parade, character greetings, and guest participation

P&PP - best fireworks and lowest crowds

:mickey:

prttynpnk
09-18-2009, 09:28 AM
We haven't done the P&P but we;ve done the others and I believe MNSSHP is the most fun I have had in the park. Best fireworks! Headless Horseman! I felt a real sense of community trick or treating with other disney loving adults and the I think the park decorations are even better than Christmas-

Imagineer1981
09-18-2009, 11:18 AM
Wow, I have to disagree. I think if you had put a poll, you would probably find that MNSSHP would win. I personally think MNSSHP has a much more magical atmosphere where the park truely transforms for the party. With MVMCP, the decorations have already been up the entire the trip, and the only change is they make it snow and play more music. Also MNSSHP has THE BEST parade. It's truely unique and different. While I thought it was cool seeing the toy soldiers at MVMCP, it just wasn't that impressive.

titleistboy
09-18-2009, 12:10 PM
My wife and I are going to MNSSHP for the first time in a few weeks, and you've all got me super excited! Thanks!

Greenlawler
09-18-2009, 12:40 PM
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion....but for my family it is MNSSHP hands down not even close. Just walking by the Haunted Mansion and all the trick or treaters is cool.

Although both parties could stand some changes.

One week away!!!!

TiggeRia
09-18-2009, 12:58 PM
I have to disagree too! I never went to a P&P party, although not for lack of trying...I have however been to both MVMCP and MNSSHP twice each, and the Halloween party is in my opinion ten times better. I love that so many people are in costumes, and the decorations and special effects. The parade is one of my favorites and the fireworks are the best! After two times, I could take or leave the Christmas party, but would return in a heartbeat to the Halloween Party. To each their own!

CanadianWDWFan
09-18-2009, 01:08 PM
Just seeing the Headless Horseman (http://www.flickr.com/photos/10566431@N04/3902204389/sizes/l/in/set-72157622190218511/) riding down Main Street cinches it for me!

While the Christmas part is nice, the Hallowe'en one is just the best. What with everyone dressed up and the Hallowishes fireworks, which IMHO are the best display anywhere.

Oh and if you do the Christmas party, don't stick your tongue out for the snow! :snowball:

PoohRules
09-19-2009, 12:59 PM
Hum, interesting feedback. I have been to MNSSHP several times and it is a must-do for us. While DH does not dress up, I made my costume and insist on wearing it each year - it is part of the fun.

As luck would have it, for the first time, we are going in December this year. So, of course I had to get MVMCP tickets. At first I was very excited to see the inital review on this post, but then when most of the posters said thier favorite is MNSSHP - I am wondering if we will enjoy it as much.

Either way, I am at WDW and will have a great time. I am very much looking forward to the MVMCP this year, at the very least for something new to do, but I do think it will be tough to like this party better than the Halloween one.

We will see.........Only 82 more days:yay:

badkitty
09-19-2009, 01:16 PM
I understand what you mean. We have enjoyed all the parties, but for different reasons:

MVMCP - best shows and overall festive atmosphere

MNSSHP - best parade, character greetings, and guest participation

P&PP - best fireworks and lowest crowds

:mickey:

I also have enjoyed all three parties for different reasons. I think you have captured my thoughts as well.

coneygoil
09-19-2009, 05:11 PM
Can you dress in a "Christmas" costume for the MVMCP?

PAYROLL PRINCESS
09-19-2009, 09:26 PM
Can you dress in a "Christmas" costume for the MVMCP?

Sure you can-Nightmare before Christmas comes to mind.

"As luck would have it, for the first time, we are going in December this year. So, of course I had to get MVMCP tickets. At first I was very excited to see the inital review on this post, but then when most of the posters said thier favorite is MNSSHP - I am wondering if we will enjoy it as much. "

You will also enjoy MVMCP, they are all fun, they are all just different.

Carol
09-20-2009, 08:39 AM
Hands down it's the Halloween party. :mpumpkin:

Mickey91
09-23-2009, 09:15 AM
MNSSHP! The theming is better.

MK is the only park decorated for Halloween/fall for most of the season. You can only see the special fireworks/shows/parade during the party. Everything at MVMCP, at least in 2006 and 2007, was shown on the weekends in Dec. anyway. The only difference was the "free" cookies and cocoa and the ability to buy the party merchandise. There is also a lot of Christmas excitement that is free or included in park admission at all the parks and resorts. So, it isn't the only Christmassy thing offered.

DNS
09-23-2009, 11:18 AM
We went to the Halloween party 2 years ago and liked it very much, but probably will not go again for several years. The Christmas party, we enjoyed much more. We will probably go to it every time we are at Disney during this time of year. In fairness though, we love the Christmas season so much more than Halloween, so I'm sure that factors into our enjoyment.

Darbylew
09-23-2009, 11:26 AM
We like both parties. We like to go to MNSSHP
one year and the next we do MVMCP. This year
is MVMCP. They to us are both great parties. I
agree that only MK has all the fall decorations
and all the parks are dressed up for Christmas.
The lights at DHS is great. :thumbsup:
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND GOING BACK
NOVEMBER 10. :D