PDA

View Full Version : Which is the best character breakfast?

TheVBs
09-17-2009, 12:20 PM
We're hoping to do a character breakfast on our next trip (okay, it's not for over a year, but I still wanted to ask :blush:). Which one is your favorite and why?

:mickey:

joanna71985
09-17-2009, 12:32 PM
I love Tusker House, Chef Mickey's, and Crystal Palace. All 3 are buffets. And I've found the character interaction to be pretty good (Crystal Palace is Pooh, Piglet, Tigger, and Eeyore. Tusker House is Mickey, Goofy, Donald and Daisy. And Chef Mickey's is Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, and Donald).

1goofyfamily
09-17-2009, 12:34 PM
we have always done Crystal Palace for breakfast (except this trip-doing dinner). Winnie the Pooh and Tigger & Piglet are are always favorites, the food is good and with all the windows in the restaurant it is very bright and open...accommodates my wife's picture addiction. But it always feels special getting into the park before it opens and getting to walk down Main St with it empty.

poohspal
09-17-2009, 12:41 PM
It is so hard to choose one. Our favorites are Chef Mickey's and Crystal Palace. If you have princesses in your party, Restaurant Akershus is great. We enjoyed Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club, if you are staying in the Epcot area.

Liz

barnaby
09-17-2009, 12:47 PM
Chef Mickey's
You get the main Disney characters (Mickey, Chip, Dale, Goofy, and Minnie the last time we were there), it has a fun atmosphere and the food is good.

GrmGrninGost
09-17-2009, 01:05 PM
They're all GREAT! You can't go wrong! We did 1900 PF last week (first time) and really enjoyed it. Crystal Palace is excellent. But our favorite is Chef Mickeys. We love the characters and the food is always good. :mickey:

brian2000boston
09-17-2009, 01:12 PM
We really enjoyed Tusker House. Each character stopped at our table a couple times and spent enough time for interaction. I think the food was not bad for buffet and we are doing this again. We also liked Chef Mickeys, it wasnt bad but for us the food wasn't as good as Tusker House.

Zippy 1
09-17-2009, 01:23 PM
Lov eChef Mickeys, Crystal Palace and Cape May Cafe. Would do all of these again and again.:mickey:

wdwfansince75
09-17-2009, 01:42 PM
Our AK day has included a character breakfast on our last 3 trips, and last year we did Donald's Safari Breakfast at Tusker House....Our absolute favorite! Food was great, and the character interaction was as good as we have experienced anywhere....
We have also done 1900 Park Faire, Ohana's breakfast, Crystal Palace, and Chef Mickey's....all were great, but Donald's Safari was the best of all.

jonahbear2006
09-17-2009, 05:02 PM
1 more vote for tusker house!

GreenBeetle
09-17-2009, 05:22 PM
Chef Mickey's
You get the main Disney characters (Mickey, Chip, Dale, Goofy, and Minnie the last time we were there), it has a fun atmosphere and the food is good.

:ditto: Yup, I have to agree. :tasty:

ElenitaB
09-17-2009, 08:39 PM
I prefer character meals that allow you to be at the parks when they open (i.e., booking an 8:05 a.m. ADR for a day when the park opens at 9:00); the two main choices for our family (considering we have no princesses) are CP and Tusker House. Outside the parks we also enjoyed 'Ohana.

TheVBs
09-18-2009, 09:10 PM
Oh man, you guys are making it really hard to choose! Being in MK right after breakfast at the Crystal Palace does sound wonderful though.

edhunter28
09-18-2009, 09:21 PM
chef mickeys by far

SurferStitch
09-18-2009, 10:05 PM
For characters: 'Ohana - Stitch is my favorite character, and the character interaction is awesome.

For food: Donald's Safari Breakfast at Tusker House. They also have another character I love...Daisy.

stitchaholic
09-19-2009, 08:27 AM
another stitch lover here,but for interaction and entertainememnt,the "best friends breakfast" at ohana's was great, the have a little parade every morning with the kids,morocca's and characters. it is a sit down family style breakfast,so no fear of getting up and missing a character,the best bread and coffee on site!
last time we were there,stitch and mickey borrowed some lightsavers from some kids and staged a big sword fight,it was sooo funny!
you get stitch,lilo,mickey,pluto and a great view of MK.
we also did chef mickey's,it is a great buffet,way too much to eat,but yummy and you see the fab 5 (mickey,minnie,donald,pluto,goofy)
and tusker house,also a very yummy buffet where you will eat entirely too much,lol
and the added bonus of having daisy...
there was a long wait for us to get in to tusker,even with ADR's,but the food and character interaction was worth it.

you cannot go wrong with any of the above!

TheVBs
09-20-2009, 08:52 AM
They do all sound wonderful! I'm tempted by each one for different reasons. 1900 is also tempting because of Mary Poppins.

I don't know, we may have to resort to pulling a name out of a hat or something! :D

Jillirose
09-20-2009, 12:33 PM
We've been to Chef Mickeys dozens of times, and several times to Cape May character breakfast. The food seems much better at Cape May and the characters have lots of time to spend at the tables - the last few times at Chef Mickeys we waited and waited for the characters to come through and when they did, they were rushing to make the show....

PrincessAriel514
09-20-2009, 01:14 PM
I would have to say..... Chef Mickey's (Mickey, Pluto, Minnie, Goofy, Chip, Dale, and Donald.)
It is my favorite because you can enjoy all the charcters at one breakfast .My brothers favorite thing is the bacon and eggs. Silly boy...
My family loves Chef Mickey's. Hope you thought that this message will give you a good idea:mickey::thumbsup::):number1::mickey::thumbsup ::party: