PDA

View Full Version : The Plaza Restaurant

Ms. Mode
09-17-2009, 07:52 AM
Hello All,

I'm trying to put my plan together for ADRs and I realized we have never eaten at The Plaza Restaurant. I understand that the menu is VERY limited (mostly sandwiches and salad). Has anyone eaten there for dinner, we have one night that I'm playing with and I wouldn't want anyone disappointed in the choice I make:blush:

VWL Mom
09-17-2009, 08:37 AM
We enjoy the Plaza but we pay OOP for our meals. It's probably not the best use of DDP. That aside we normally use it for EMH and will be going this year prior to MNSSHP. The food is good and the milkshakes are awesome!

Here is a link for the menu.http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/menus/magickingdom/plaza.asp

Jenemmy
09-17-2009, 09:20 AM
I have eaten at the Plaza a few times and always really enjoyed it. True -- you aren't going to get a huge 4 course meal, but the food is good and filling. The desserts are fab -- like VWL Mom said. Don't know if this is a concern, but I recall my kids really liking the children's offerings there, too.

deedeebee
09-17-2009, 09:25 AM
I love the Plaza, I always ate there with my Grandma, she is gone, but when I eat there it takes me back to my teen years.:cloud9: My DD's love the food. A good choice.:thumbsup:

MickeyMousse
09-17-2009, 09:29 AM
It is one of our favorite places to eat...the food is good although limited in their choices, service is also good. Like Jenemmy said, it's not a 4 course meal kind of place, but honestly there are so many places where you can over eat, this place is nice to walk away from feeling not stuffed, but satisfied.

Loweschevy
09-17-2009, 09:50 AM
We eat at the Plaza each year. The food has always been very good for what it is. With it beging more of a light meal- you may have left some room for their awesome sundaes, milkshakes or other desserts.

SurferStitch
09-17-2009, 10:08 AM
DH and I always do at least one lunch per trip at the Plaza. The food is very good, as is the service. Those chocolate milkshakes are pure heaven!

Last year we were sitting in the sun room, and the mayor and a friend came in to chat with us. I have a great pic with the Mayor at our table. It was so cool!

tyandskyesmom
09-17-2009, 01:48 PM
We love The Plaza. The kids and I have been twice...once for dinner and once for lunch. I doubt I will ever do dinner again though...maybe our experience was just a fluke (I hope it was) but we arroved the specificed 15 minutes early for our ADR and waited over an hour past our ADR time to be seated. It is a very small restaurant and there is no where insude to wait. We were there in a winter that they were covering flowers it was so cold so we were outside waiting to be called. The next time we went about 10 months later, we had an early lunch ADR and were seated right away. We will always go with lunch here I think...to much waiting if they are full or take too many walk-ups or people just take longer to eat and leave.

The food and ice cream are great though!

ElenitaB
09-17-2009, 09:20 PM
We finally made it to The Plaza after so many years of WDW trips. I think it's the best place to eat towards the end of your trip... particularly if you're on the Dining Plan. There's only so much food one can eat. Even with that, everyone came out stuffed... just not stuffed to Infinity and Beyond.

We'll definitely be going back (and I've got to find the recipe for their tomato bisque).