PDA

View Full Version : Dining Advice

EllieMae
09-16-2009, 11:06 PM
Hi everyone,
We will be going to WDW for our honeymoon on December 20th-26th. We know that we want to eat at Le Cellier and Rose and Crown so I am going to try to get us ADR's for those places. The fortunate thing for us is our whole family went last year at Christmas and ate a wonderful places and we will being going next year at Thanksgiving and I'm sure eating wonderfully again (we make ADR's with the whole family which I am all for). My question is this... do you think it is possible to walk up to a restaurant with two people and get a table if you are flexible for dinner times? I have never been with two people before and I like I said we always make ADR's. Thanks in advance for your advice!

Pirate Granny
09-16-2009, 11:32 PM
CONGRATS...we'll be at Disney the same time (Dec 20-24) and I will definately be making ADR even though there are only two of us...I really would not chance not getting a TS during your honeymoon...book ADR's and if you change your mind and can get in a different restaurant you can always cancel your ADR...I would hate to see you eating CS on your honeymoon. I'll be looking for the bride in Mickey ears.
:pirate:

p.s. Our ADR date is September 21st so start planning. Especially if you want CP package.

Disney4us2
09-17-2009, 11:29 AM
:congrats:

I always go ADR and it is just DD and I. It worked out great for us.

Have a great time:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-17-2009, 11:35 AM
I can almost guarantee for that week there will not be anything available at TS without an ADR......we've been twice during that time of year and everything was booked.

SBETigg
09-17-2009, 11:46 AM
During that week, I don't think you'll be able to walk up anywhere, even just for two people. Safer to make the ADRs unless you're just as happy eating counter service if nothing works out.

jonahbear2006
09-17-2009, 05:05 PM
you couldnt walk up and get a table anywhere last week, let alone christmas week. Dont let this go. Be on the phone 7am their time on the 90 day out and book the places you want. Le cellier will be booked by noon. If you dont book on 90 day out for that week you will be eating counter services. I suggest a Narcoossee's 830 pm reservation. Its so dimly lit, charming, romantic, you can order personalized menus for your occassion, they have an observation deck for just their dining guests to watch the fireworks. It was so romantic I actually bawled. The food was great too and they did a wonderful job making us feel special.

EllieMae
09-26-2009, 10:05 PM
We ended up making ADRs for each day, here is what we got:
Rose and Crown - 1st night dinner 12/20
Narcoosees - dinner (thanks for the suggestion) 12/21
Coral Reef - dinner 12/22
Le Cellier - lunch 12/23
50's Prime Time Cafe - Christmas Eve dinner, then looking at the lights at DHS
San Angel Inn - Christmas Day dinner

I'm so excited that we got all the places we want :mickey:

SBETigg
09-26-2009, 11:04 PM