PDA

View Full Version : Snacks for the plane

nicster
09-16-2009, 07:45 PM
Our plane flight is at noon. We have to leave home about 10am, so too soon to have lunch. We may, or may not be able to eat at the airport. So my question is, do any of you have some unique ideas or suggestions for snacks for the plane? I will be bringing some almonds, and I have a few power type bars, I just don't think that will be ... shall I say, interesting enough food to occupy us. Let the ideas flow!!!:mickey:

DisneyWFan
09-16-2009, 08:17 PM
when we left Orlando on our way home the family in front of us on the plane brought full McDonald's meals they bought at the airport

Tippy
09-16-2009, 08:20 PM
We bring lunchables or cheese sticks, crackers & apple slices.

I LoveJack
09-16-2009, 09:10 PM
We've brought chips, nuts, candy, all kinds of junk food for snacking.

momofdisneyprincess
09-17-2009, 11:08 AM
Not hijacking...just wanted to say lunchables are a great idea!! I never thought of that. I will have to remember that one!

vws_and_disney
09-17-2009, 11:11 AM
i normally make homemade trailmix the night before mmmmm. Then Grab drinks from the airport if you have time.

nicster
09-17-2009, 11:17 AM
Some great ideas. The apple slices & cheese sticks are especially appealing. I don't think we have ever tried lunchables (kids grown & gone), I will have to look into those.

DizNee143
09-17-2009, 02:18 PM
i usually take some cookies in a ziplock bag..some pretzels..cheeze its..
im leaving for WDW in 5 days..
so i have my stash ready..this year it consists of..beef jerky..granola bars..fruit by the foot..oreos..cheeze its..crackers..some cereal in a ziplock bag..
i need a variety of stuff to pick from..plus im pregnant! lol :mickey:

ozmom
09-17-2009, 02:19 PM
Please don't take tuna. I was on a flight and the people in front of me made tuna sandwiches. It was a bit smelly. :confused:

Have a great flight, good ideas listed. :thumbsup:

EeyoresBestFriend
09-17-2009, 02:55 PM
Please don't take tuna. I was on a flight and the people in front of me made tuna sandwiches. It was a bit smelly. :confused

Ewww. . . .yes, or egg salad! :sick:

We've experienced both from fellow flyers ~ who then developed gas after eating their lunches! :fit:

And please - no peanuts from those of us with those nasty allergies . . . .

NJGIRL
09-17-2009, 03:28 PM
Pepperridge Farm Mint Milano Cookies are my favorite plane snack. I get the mini packages.

I have seen people with subway before on a plane and I had wished we thought of that.

If you can I would skip the nuts because so many people (especially children) have allergies.

stitchaholic
09-17-2009, 03:53 PM
popcorn (i like the salt and vinegar shakers)
on the way home we usually stash some of the minnie bake shop cookies or some of the goodies from goofy's.

Pally
09-18-2009, 08:33 AM
Carrot sticks and celery with some ranch dressing in a small container. Refreshingly good and does not sit heavy on your stomach.

And, yes, no tuna or egg sandwiches!!

nicster
09-19-2009, 08:16 AM
And please - no peanuts from those of us with those nasty allergies . . . .
Really? It would effect your allergies, if I ate nuts? I never even considered that! Is it the aroma in the air that would cause a problem???

nicster
09-19-2009, 12:21 PM
Thanks for all the recommendations! Here is my list so far:
McDonald's meals
lunchables or cheese sticks, crackers & apple slices
chips, nuts, candy
trailmix
apple slices with cheese sticks
cookies in a ziplock bag
some pretzels
beef jerky
granola bars
fruit by the foot
oreos
crackers
some cereal in a ziplock bag
Pepperridge Farm Mint Milano Cookies Subway
popcorn
Carrot sticks and celery with some ranch dressing

EeyoresBestFriend
09-22-2009, 07:51 PM
Really? It would effect your allergies, if I ate nuts? I never even considered that! Is it the aroma in the air that would cause a problem???

Yup ~ my allergy is severe enough that the oils in the air will give me hives and start to close my throat.

Can make for some interesting flights . . . . :(

Thanks for asking/checking though . . . alot of people without allergies have no idea how little it can take to set them off . . .