PDA

View Full Version : Disney and politics

fanofdisney
09-16-2009, 03:01 PM
I don't know if this is where I post this or even if I can so if it needs to be moved or closed I apologize. But here it goes... with all the changes going on in our country I am just wondering if anyone else but me is having a bit of a sour taste in their mouths with ABC and Disney? I am so sad to be feeling this way:(. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Disney but am concerned about the direction our country is taking and have found that Iger is very liberal and supports many things that me and my family don't. I wish that they could stay unbiased so I could continue to love my Disney the way I once did. Please I need help:help: I need to see a glimmer of hope so I can feel the magic. Maybe some pixie dust would do it:pixie: Please understand I am not looking to make this into a topic of liberals vs conservatives but am looking for some like minded Disney fans to help me out.

diz_girl
09-16-2009, 03:41 PM
fanofdisney - I expect that moderator will come along soon and close this thread. We keep away from politics and religion on Intercot. Sorry.

fanofdisney
09-16-2009, 05:26 PM
No problem, just looking for some encouragement.

SBETigg
09-16-2009, 06:06 PM
I'm guessing that my views are contrary to yours on many things, and there are many times that I believe ABC and other networks have been biased against my beliefs, too. So I think the truth of it is that we get so caught up in thinking there's always a slant (probably is) and suspecting they're all biased one way or another (probably are) but we don't want to believe what we hear all the time (probably smart), so we believe the bias is against us, when in truth-- it could be just how the media operates, playing one side against the other to get a good story and keep up the ratings. My recommendation: read more, watch less, and just move on, keep an open mind, and keep feeling the love.

clou1028
09-16-2009, 06:29 PM
I don't know if this is where I post this or even if I can so if it needs to be moved or closed I apologize. But here it goes... with all the changes going on in our country I am just wondering if anyone else but me is having a bit of a sour taste in their mouths with ABC and Disney? I am so sad to be feeling this way:(. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Disney but am concerned about the direction our country is taking and have found that Iger is very liberal and supports many things that me and my family don't. I wish that they could stay unbiased so I could continue to love my Disney the way I once did. Please I need help:help: I need to see a glimmer of hope so I can feel the magic. Maybe some pixie dust would do it:pixie: Please understand I am not looking to make this into a topic of liberals vs conservatives but am looking for some like minded Disney fans to help me out.

I guess if you go looking for a reason to dislike a person/people/business/corporation, you will find it.

Maybe you should focus on what you love about Disney, not on one individual's political beliefs.

fanofdisney
09-16-2009, 07:08 PM
Great points, and thank you. I was just having a moment and feel better. I don't believe everything is black and white, so much gray and not all my views fall under one group, hope that made sense. Back to vacation planning...feeling the love:party::thanks: :rocks:

Jeff
09-16-2009, 07:20 PM
On that note let's all move on!:thumbsup: