PDA

View Full Version : Rainy afternoons favorites

tpelias
09-16-2009, 01:28 PM
We are one week from our trip, and I see typical Florida weather (occasional showers, usually in the afternoon). What are some of the best things to do when you need to be inside for a while?

Thanks

Strmchsr
09-16-2009, 02:05 PM
If it's a thunderstorm we just find a place to sit and relax. Those are not safe to be out in. Florida lightning is notorious. However, if it's just the normal showers we throw on the ponchos and just keep going.

ctonge00
09-16-2009, 02:13 PM
we found that it is just as much fun to run around in the rain. here in NY the rain is cold where in Florida it can be refreshing. Also, when everyone else is huddled in the stores and under awnings that leaves the rides open.

seanyred
09-16-2009, 03:14 PM
Throw on a poncho and keep going is what I say. Or take a ride of PeopleMover.

momofdisneyprincess
09-16-2009, 03:17 PM
Last year when we were there, we found a hidden gem in Epcot that we usually overlook. It was Innoventions. The kids had a blast just running around indoors and there was so much to do. I can't believe we had never ventured inside before that.

Missy_Mouses_Dad
09-16-2009, 03:51 PM
We have gone to the outlet mall a "stones throw" from DTD. Last year it cost me a Coach purse for DD, but I did get a nice Disney polo shirt.

AdventurerKim
09-16-2009, 06:28 PM
We rode Toy Story Mania on a fast pass when it started storming. Then when we got off our fast pass ride, we got in the standby line and rode again. The wait was less than an hour, we were dry and inside, and rode TSM twice in a row! When we got off our second ride, the rain had severely subsided. Few if any people were getting in the fast pass line while it was storming which made the standby line move faster.