PDA

View Full Version : Not sure I'm impressed with Online Reservations

RocknBev
09-16-2009, 01:02 PM
Okay...so I made reservations on-line thinking how exciting it would be.... but when I got my confirmation in email I was missing my most treasured reservation to Crystal Palace the night we attend MSSNP. We were supposed to have 5:30 reservations. All others appeared but not that one...when I tried again of course there is NOTHING available.

I'm cool with it as I am just going to grab a sandwich at Earl of Sandwich (one of my favorites places ever at Disney) before we enter the park but I was a bit bummed because it was there!!!!

We did get confirmations for 1900 Park Fare (which I thought I had change to Cape May but I guess I didn't) and Kourzina the new Cat Cora place. We are VERY excited to attend MSSNP, the Food and Wine Festival and the Race for the TASTE 10K as well as visit two restaurants we have never been to before...but as for my original comments....as anyone else experienced similar issues?

redleg96
09-16-2009, 01:20 PM
I had problems booking dining for my length of stay online. Ended up just calling. Sometimes its nice to talk to a real person.

SurferStitch
09-16-2009, 01:33 PM
You know, one of my ADR's was missing from my email confirmation, too. It was the last one I made in the bunch. Luckily I noticed it right away, and was able to book the meal for the same time, but I'm really glad I double checked everything.

The ADR was for our second dinner at Narcoossee's, so I would have REALLY been bummed if we had not gotten it.

RocknBev
09-16-2009, 01:41 PM
You know, one of my ADR's was missing from my email confirmation, too. It was the last one I made in the bunch.

Funny you say that....it is the last one I made because we were questioning whether to make it or not since it was MSSNP night! Maybe that is the glitch in the system. I should have checked my confirmation sooner. I saw the confirmation in the subject line but didn't rush to open it and by the time I did, no slots were available.

VWL Mom
09-16-2009, 01:52 PM
Did you try calling them to see if it is there? I had an email confirmation missing but they had the ADR and gave me the confirmation number so I could pull it up.

RocknBev
09-16-2009, 08:52 PM
I just got off the phone with WDW dining and they do not have my last reservation:(
but like I said...it's okay, I off to Earl of Sandwich!
BUT in the future which will be January when I take my granddaughters to dine with Pooh and Minnie, I will be making the phone call!!!!

mudpuppysmom
09-16-2009, 11:06 PM
I think their system is pretty buggy.....I made individual ADR's and I only got email conf. on a couple of them, but when I checked again with my written down conf # it was there.

I'd keep trying until you get there.....I've called trying to change our time at Chef Mickey's and also online.....the CM told me to just keep trying and if nothing pops up it more than likely will about three days before we get there as ppl sometimes cancel their trips and such right before they are scheduled to arrive.

Good Luck whatever you decide....you can't go wrong with Earl of Sandwich or CP!

TheRustyScupper
09-17-2009, 07:53 AM
Not sure I'm impressed with Online Reservations

1) Be careful for what you wish, you might just get it.
2) No system is going to be perfect.
3) An on-line system could never compare to a person on the phone.
4) But, lots of folks wanted on-line because they thought it would be super great.
5) There will be some improvements, but do not expect perfection.
6) It is what it is.