PDA

View Full Version : Mary Poppins at the Parks

szyper
09-16-2009, 11:40 AM
Without me even prodding (she is my favorite character), my daughter has taken a liking to Mary Poppins. Yeah! We are headed to WDW next month and I wondered what Mary Poppins stuff we will be able to see there. The only thing I know about is 1900 Park Fare (we already reserved the Cinderella dinner, though). What else is there? TIA!

sassy2000
09-16-2009, 11:57 AM
We have seen Mary Poppins in United Kingdom at Epcot and at the sorcerer's hat at HS. I think your best bet is Epcot. I will say if it is in your budget to try the 1900 Park Fare breakfast with her. We had great character interaction and the food was very good for breakfast.

Mickey'sGirl
09-16-2009, 12:17 PM
We saw Mary outside the Rose Garden in the UK at Epcot just a couple of weeks ago. In past years we have also seen her inside the Toy Store there as well, in an area at the back. I am not sure if she is still there though, since she was out front.

Our BEST interaction (http://www.flickr.com/photos/10566431@N04/1582975821/in/set-72157602440251312/)ever was at 1900 Park Fare during the last seating of breakfast. She spent soooooo much time with us and our youngest son (who ADORES her).

FlaTinkRAMESAM
09-16-2009, 12:22 PM
At MK in front of Exposition Hall in the morning. We almost always catch her there with Bert. Also at the UK in Epcot. We have seen her at Norway before the park even opened while we were waiting to have breakfast at Akershus.

ginger19
09-16-2009, 12:27 PM
We ran into her last year right outside of Akershus in the morning. She was really sweet to the kids :)

BIGDOG
09-16-2009, 12:30 PM
In all my years of visits I have never seen Mary Poppins great info would love to get pic and auto for collection..

starryeyes21
09-16-2009, 12:59 PM
I was just at WDW two weeks ago and we saw Mary Poppins quite a bit. She was at Epcot in front of the Rose Garden. She was on the train during the Magic Kingdom opening ceremony. Afterward, we saw her near Exposition Hall. She was also inside the Disney Animation building for quite some time. I think that one might be more of a hit or miss though because, eventually, she was swapped out for Mulan. It seemed like she was everywhere.

Tink's Friend
09-16-2009, 01:50 PM
I have seen her in the UK, both in the gardens and in the stores. The cast members can usually tell you what characters are going to be there and at what times, so don't hesitate to ask. (And if the first one doesn't know :confused:, find someone who does!)

I've also seen her in Magic Kingdom, although I'm not sure exactly where. I believe it was somewhere in the first block of Main Street USA.

Good luck locating her when you're there!

Suzanne Q
Walland, TN (currently) and Bristol, TN (home base), USA

TheVBs
09-16-2009, 02:27 PM
We just missed seeing Mary Poppins on a visit a few years ago. She was just leaving the toy store in the UK at Epcot. We'd hoped to catch her last visit, but didn't. Is she always at 1900 Park Fare?

Gator
09-16-2009, 03:24 PM
I've had trouble finding her in the past. So on our last trip, I booked at 1900 Park Faire and my DD got to talk with her quite a bit. And wouldn't you know it, the next day she was at the UK pavillion at Epcot.

dmallan
09-16-2009, 06:17 PM
If you are looking for Mary Poppins "stuff" you can see the dress from Jolly Holiday on display at "One Man's Dream" in DHS. Also, outside the Chinese theatre I hear there is a display window with memorabilia from the premier like photos, programs and tickets. And of course inside the Theatre you'll see the carousel horse from the movie and in the Great Movie Ride queue you'll see the preview of Mary Poppins.

TinksGoofyMom
09-16-2009, 07:17 PM
I thought that she was only at the 1900 Park Fair Breakfast, not the dinner. We saw her
there last visit and she does the photo op before the Supercalifragilistic Bkst.

joanna71985
09-16-2009, 07:34 PM
That is correct. She is only at breakfast.

Pally
09-16-2009, 08:10 PM
Without me even prodding (she is my favorite character), my daughter has taken a liking to Mary Poppins. Yeah! We are headed to WDW next month and I wondered what Mary Poppins stuff we will be able to see there. The only thing I know about is 1900 Park Fare (we already reserved the Cinderella dinner, though). What else is there? TIA!

Mary Poppins is my favorite too. During our recent trip we saw her outside by the Rose Garden, UK. I also came home with a new mug. It is a silhoutte of Mary Poopins flying over buildings. It is black, light purple and golden yellow. I just love it. Now that we are home, I notice my older son likes to use it. :mickey:

green ranger
09-16-2009, 08:43 PM
During our past trip this August, we went into the Disney Animation building in DHS twice and Mary Poppins was in there both times (different days).

Goes4FastPass
09-17-2009, 11:21 AM
We've met Mary Poppins at the DHS Sorcerer's Hat and at Toontown.

If MP is a favorite the breakfast at 1900 Park Fare is the sure thing but I see you have dinner already reserved there.

Imagineer1981
09-17-2009, 11:59 AM
She is always at the DHS hat and also can be found randomly at the animation studios building near the UP characters. She is generally on Main Stree in the AM at MK.

Aggie97
09-17-2009, 03:23 PM
Last October we were able to get photos with her (with no wait) on Main Street at the MK. It was a few hours before MNSSHP. :mickey:

dream_disney
09-17-2009, 04:15 PM
We have seen Marry Poppins and some of the penguins in HollyWood studios in a building near the back of the park. (I'm not sure of the name?) We have also ran into her at Magic Kingdom. Cast Members will be more than willing to help you find her! Have a magical vacation!:mickey:

LVT
09-17-2009, 06:36 PM
This summer at MK Exposition Building.

FenwayGirl
09-18-2009, 04:11 PM
We saw her at CRT during breakfast

mickeys_princess_mom
09-20-2009, 10:29 PM
Spotted her right outside the castle one day, and was sooo excited! She even let me hold her umbrella for the picture when I asked her. I assured her I wouldn't run off with it--she looked a little surprised at my request. :cloud9:
Have since seen her a few times in the UK in and out of the Toy Shop.
Love her!