PDA

View Full Version : Rope Drop at the Parks

Tink's Friend
09-16-2009, 10:32 AM
In all our trips to WDW, we've never made rope drop at any of the parks. When we visit in October, we're hoping to change that; and that leads me to a few questions that, hopefully, someone on here can answer:

1. What time do the rope drop festivities start, and how long do they take? If park opening is at, for example, 9 a.m., what time would the show begin?

2. How crowed is it at rope drop the second half of October (weekdays), and how early would we need to be there to get a good view?

3. What about days when there's morning EMH at the park? Do they still do the rope drop ceremony? And, if so, do they do it at the start of EMH, at the regular opening time, or both?

4. Do all 4 parks have rope drop festivities?

5. If you could make it to only one park for rope drop, which park would it be, and why?

Suzanne Q
Walland, TN (currently) & Bristol, TN (home base), USA

sassy2000
09-16-2009, 11:55 AM
Hope this helps!

In all our trips to WDW, we've never made rope drop at any of the parks. When we visit in October, we're hoping to change that; and that leads me to a few questions that, hopefully, someone on here can answer:

1. What time do the rope drop festivities start, and how long do they take? If park opening is at, for example, 9 a.m., what time would the show begin? I'm pretty sure it begins about 5 minutes prior to opening

2. How crowed is it at rope drop the second half of October (weekdays), and how early would we need to be there to get a good view? We have always arrived to MK rope drop about 20 minutes early.

3. What about days when there's morning EMH at the park? Do they still do the rope drop ceremony? And, if so, do they do it at the start of EMH, at the regular opening time, or both? During morning EMH there is no ceremony

4. Do all 4 parks have rope drop festivities? I have been to MK & AK rope drops. Not sure about HS & Epcot.

5. If you could make it to only one park for rope drop, which park would it be, and why? Definitely MK. And as long as you are somewhere in the front of the park, you should have a good view of it since the show is up on the Rairoad platform.

Suzanne Q
Walland, TN (currently) & Bristol, TN (home base), USA

Soccermom12
09-16-2009, 01:42 PM
On our last trip (August) we went to MK on an EMH day and a 9 am opening. On the 9am opening day, I believe it started at 8:55 - Main Street CM sing and dance to a good morning song, and then the characters come in on a train and count down to park opening. We got there at 8:30 and were right up front. On the EMH day they had a smaller ceremony....the characters just walked up to the railing at the train station, and counted down to park opening.

We caught the ending of the opening at DHS. There was a "director" who was filming a movie. He chose a couple to be his stars. It was very cute....they had to practice walking down the street....then when the park opened they led the way. The director then stood off to the side and commented to the people walking by (especially if they had a birthday, anniversary, reunion, etc button). We got to DHS probably at 8:45....but by the time we went through security and the ticket line we were only able to catch the last minute or so of the act.

At Epcot, we were let in past Spaceship Earth, were CM held us up in front of Innovations. They had a bunch of characters walking around goofing with people. They led the count down to opening.... We got to Epcot around 8:40, but by the time we went through the ticket line, and walked over to Innovations, we were at the back of the crowd (everyone was headed over to Soarin') so we didn't see much.

Tink's Friend
09-17-2009, 01:21 PM
Thanks for the information.

Now if only we can get up that early! :sleepin:

Maybe a little pixie dust will help. :tink:

Suzanne Q