PDA

View Full Version : Toy Story Mania For Wii

Phantod
09-15-2009, 08:04 PM
Welcome to Toy Story Mania!
Step right up, step right up!
Inspired by the Toy Story Mania! attractions at DL and WDW, you're now invited to join Woody, Buzz and all your Toy Story friends as they transform Andy's room into a festival of fun, playing Toy Story Mania! The toys have set everything up, so you can play all their carnival-inspired games. Along the way, you'll unlock loads of fantastic games, features, hidden secrets and prizes! Andy's away, so it's time to play!

WOO HOO. It just arrived....guess what we'll be doing in advance of doing it live at WDW in a week? You got it! :cloud9:

nicster
09-15-2009, 08:25 PM
Ours came today from Amazon! Soooo excited!!

Kathy Jetson
09-15-2009, 09:21 PM
I'm going to order this, then I have to go out and buy a wii:blush:

nicster
09-15-2009, 09:28 PM
I'm going to order this, then I have to go out and buy a wii:blush:
Good priorities!:blush:

Magic Smiles
09-15-2009, 09:54 PM
I guess I will be heading over to Best Buy tomorrow at lunch. Lucky for me Best Buy is almost across the street from where I work. Actually that is probably bad..........

Dawn,DeniseandDiane
09-15-2009, 10:43 PM
We played it tonight! What an awesome game! It is alot of fun! Some of the games are just like at HS. We laughed alot and really enjoyed seeing what was similar to the WDW version. It comes w/ 2 paper 3d Glasses. The voices were really neat to hear and the characters were very incouraging. Not a disapointment at all here! I can't wait to have the nieces & nephews over to play and laugh. They will have a ball!

Dawn,Denise&Diane:wave::wave::wave:

ElenitaB
09-16-2009, 12:05 AM
We played it tonight too and loved it! I can see playing this a lot. Man, I just wish I could get the same scores at DHS that I did on the game though. :blush:

tazlikesrobots
09-16-2009, 08:47 AM
Loved the game, but I miss the 3D aspect :) But still we had lots of fun playing :mickey: Just another way to enjoy Disney at home :number1:

Hayden's Dad
09-16-2009, 09:42 AM
Great now I have to go out and buy a WII. LOL oh well it wil be worth it.

GrumpyFan
09-16-2009, 10:34 AM
It's on our list for the kids (and me :blush:) for Christmas list. However, they've stated that they won't play it until they've actually been to Disney and played the real one because they don't want to ruin that experience. So, I guess we have to figure out a way to take them between now and Christmas! :rotfl:

Wall-e
09-16-2009, 11:25 AM
Have any of you had a chance to play it yet? What do you think?

nicster
09-16-2009, 11:32 AM
We played last night for the first time. Some of the games are quite good, some are rather juvenile (that is to be expected, I suppose, it is a game afterall). DH had the blue & I had the pink color. I found that the pink is hard to distinguish at times among all the targets. We didn't get much time, as we had to be somewhere, but my first impression is somewhat mixed. I am confused by the swinging the controller thing... anyone else?

SallyMcQueen
09-16-2009, 05:30 PM
DH just picked up the game today. I know what we are doing tonight. That is if I can wrestle the controller away from my 5 year old. I'm glad to hear good reviews. Can't wait to play!!!!!:joy:

ryels
09-21-2009, 09:33 AM
I wasn't sure exactly where to put this post, since it does sort of have something to do with the Theme parks.

Just wondering if anyone else got the new Toy Story Mania game for the Wii?

We picked it up this weekend. My kids are having a blast with it. The developers pretty faithfully recreated several of the levels from the ride. Of course, the game is no substitute for the "real thing," but it's still a lot of fun and will give you your Disney fix.

The only downside in my opinion was the 3D aspect. It doesn't seem to work very well, at least not on my TV. It tends to give us all a headache, and we normally love 3D.

Anyway, just curious if anyone else picked it up and what your opinions were.

Diznee4Me
09-21-2009, 09:49 AM
Is there a way to play it without the 3D? I am not much of a fan of 3D - the ride is pretty cool - but don't think I would like to play it at home in 3D. Is it mandatory on the game to play it in 3D mode?

Thanks.

Ian
09-21-2009, 09:57 AM
Sadly, my Wii croaked about a week ago. It was only about 14 months old, too, so I'm pretty annoyed. Not sure we'll be getting another one.

vicster
09-21-2009, 10:24 AM
Just got back from WDW and has a blast on Toy Story Mania. I didn't know Wii had it - I told my DH when we were there is would be cool if they had a Wii game. I'll have to check it out.

Mickey'sGirl
09-21-2009, 10:28 AM
The boys traded in some older games yesterday, and purchased Toy Story Mania with their proceeds.

Loads of fun, and NO, you don't need to use the 3D glasses. It is fine without (I opt to NOT use 3D glasses).

I anticipate that this will get regular use, but not crazy all the time use. It's a great group game. :thumbsup:

MickeyMousse
09-21-2009, 01:31 PM
I think this will end up on one of our DS's Christmas Lists! :deer:

BrerGnat
09-21-2009, 03:48 PM
It's a good game. A little too easy, though, for us "serious" gamers. ;)

My 5 year old loves it, but he JUST started playing Wii. The only other game he plays is Wii Sports Resort.

My main gripe about it is that once you are involved in the game play, there is no easy way back to the main menu to change options, or to "start over". I hate that in ANY video game. You have to either "quit" your WHOLE gameplay mission, or just finish it out, unless you're doing free play, but you first have to earn all those. And, the "free play" mode is EXTREMELY confusing for kids to figure out how to do. I also dislike that you have to watch the "objectives" all the way through EVERY single time, even though they are always the same. My son has them memorized already. Wish there was a way to skip them through. The menus and option screens are pretty confusing, and that's the worst of it. Lots of dead time. Otherwise, a good game.
:thumbsup:

ryels
09-21-2009, 04:15 PM
The menus and option screens are pretty confusing, and that's the worst of it. Lots of dead time. Otherwise, a good game.

Totally agree. I couldn't figure out the menus at first either, and the manual was no help.

Of course, my 6 year old and 8 year old managed to figure it out in a few minutes:blush:. Then they used their "tickets" to unlock all the 3 D levels and such.

Still a pretty fun game overall. We all really enjoy it.

tazlikesrobots
09-22-2009, 08:53 AM
I bought the game for my 6 year old and he loves it! Not to mention that Mom and Dad had fun playing it too :mickey:

Cinderelley
09-25-2009, 10:47 PM
We can't figure out how to get the flower with the bees on bo peep's baaa loon game. Does anyone know?

brewcrew26
09-26-2009, 07:11 PM
I agree with a lot of what you said. There is a lot of dead time and I hate having to see the objectives each time - but you can skip through them by hitting the B button which helps.

I don't like that the story mode is exactly the same each time. I think in Bo Peep's teacup game the ball was going in the same cup each time.

But some of the games you can unlock with the tickets you earn are fun.

Still, nothing like the real thing but a good game nonetheless.

My main gripe about it is that once you are involved in the game play, there is no easy way back to the main menu to change options, or to "start over". I hate that in ANY video game. You have to either "quit" your WHOLE gameplay mission, or just finish it out, unless you're doing free play, but you first have to earn all those. And, the "free play" mode is EXTREMELY confusing for kids to figure out how to do. I also dislike that you have to watch the "objectives" all the way through EVERY single time, even though they are always the same. My son has them memorized already. Wish there was a way to skip them through. The menus and option screens are pretty confusing, and that's the worst of it. Lots of dead time. Otherwise, a good game.

SurferStitch
09-27-2009, 10:33 PM
DH and I bought TSM for the Wii today, and we had a blast playing it. Navigation of the menus took a couple minutes to figure out, but it's quite easy.

I can't wait to keep practicing to totally whip DH's fanny. He edged me out in points today, and I hate to lose! I always beat him at DHS, so I can't let him win at home.