PDA

View Full Version : Fast pass question?

RocknBev
09-15-2009, 03:02 PM
Can you access fast passes if you have not used the ticket to enter the park yet?

When I am there with friends in October, we would like to go to DHS on the day of the Race for the Taste 10K which I am running.

My friends will get to the park when it opens but there is no way I can run the race and get back to the hotel, shower and get there when the door opens. I was hoping to give her my ticket to get me a fast pass to Toy Story because they tend to give out so quick? Then we could meet up with them at the gate as soon as I get back to the park and be on our way for the day.

Is this possible?

SBETigg
09-15-2009, 03:06 PM
Not possible. If your card has not yet been used to enter the park on the day of, your card won't work in the Fastpass kiosk, from what I understand.

KylesMom
09-15-2009, 03:29 PM
First off, congratulations on participating in the race!

My family and I have firsthand experience with this from dropping DS off for the Pirate Cruise, then going to Epcot to try & get FPs for Test Track. We were told by the CM working the kiosks that unless the ticket was "activated" at the gate, we would be unable to get a FP for DS. I can't see, especially for the TSM attraction, that they would open up the machine & hand your friends one for you. Bummer, I know!

phillydan
09-15-2009, 04:43 PM
Even though your ticket will not work, it doesn't hurt to ask for some FP's. The worse they can say is no.

I was about 3 minutes early for the time to get new FP's at Big Thunder. I kept trying, but time seemed to have been going slowly. The CM saw me trying my ticket over and over again and finally took pity on me and just gave me FP's. Of course, I went right to Splash for FP's over there.:D

Iluvpooh
09-15-2009, 07:23 PM
Nope not possible. Last trip my DD was pushed through the gate in a stroller and the CM forgot to put her pass in at the entrance machine and we couldn't get any FP for her. We had to go all the way back to the entrance and get them to run her card through the machine.

Kathy Jetson
09-15-2009, 09:46 PM
When we went in 2007 the cm at the gate just told ds4 to go through and did not activate his pass. We had to get a cm to help us every time we needed a fast pass because the machines would not accept ds's ticket.

Imagineer1981
09-16-2009, 11:04 AM
you could always have them take your ticket and then just pretend to be a "dumb guest" and have the CM print you a ticket because it won't accept it. 99% of the time if everyone else in the group has gotten a FP and only 1 ticket seems to have a problem, they'll just print one out for you, I did when I worked there.

RocknBev
09-16-2009, 11:13 AM
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I am typically not one to try to cheat the system...it is just that my friends will not wait 90 minutes to ride anything especially if they can get a FP and I will not be able to be in two places at one time.

I am very excited about running the 10K and we guess will have to see what happens. Wouldn't it be FABULOUS if they gave all of the runners a couple of FP's for the day? I can dream :cloud9: since we are not getting a t-shirt!

TheRustyScupper
09-16-2009, 04:30 PM
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I am typically not one to try to cheat the system...it is just that my friends will not wait 90 minutes to ride anything especially if they can get a FP and I will not be able to be in two places at one time.
. . . so, you ARE trying to get around the system

Wouldn't it be FABULOUS if they gave all of the runners a couple of FP's for the day?
. . . what would be the reason to give out FP's?
. . . wouldn't that be unfair to non-runners?

Giggy
09-17-2009, 05:30 PM
Wouldn't it be FABULOUS if they gave all of the runners a couple of FP's for the day?
. . . what would be the reason to give out FP's?
. . . wouldn't that be unfair to non-runners?

I wouldn't say it's unfair, in the same way i wouldn't say people who got them by finding a paintbrush on Tom Sawyer Island or the ones given out in Year of a Million Dreams is unfair. It's being in the right place at the right time. :mickey:

They don't give out FP for doing the run and they are under no obligation to. However if it were done I doubt anyone would complain if they did get an FP. I'm sure I've heard the number of FPs distributed isn't even close to the 100% capacity that could be, but quite rightly isn't, given out therefore a few more after the run wouldn't hurt anyone. I wouldn't begrudge someone that if they were prepared to go long distance running for it! :thumbsup:

Incidently it was only after typing this I realised it was a pointless argument. They don't give out FPs for the run so the rights/wrongs of doing so are irrelevant. :blush: