PDA

View Full Version : Do they still do Dream Fast Passes

rob121
09-15-2009, 02:15 PM
Does anyone know if they still randomly hand out dream fast passes? Or did this end with the Year of a Million Dreams?

DisneyFanaticDargon
09-15-2009, 02:28 PM
This was part of the Year of a Million Dreams. Now what they do as part of the What Will You Celebrate campaign, you have the option of getting something along those lines if it's your birthday. Someone might be able to clarify more on this.

Gregandmel
09-15-2009, 02:30 PM
I'm pretty certain it ended with the YOAMD promo. Now they have the "birthday" promo going on, but if I understand correctly, you can choose certain options with the bday option. For example: you can get free admission to a theme park for that day, or you can get the value of a theme park admission to spend at any authorized WDW store, or you can do a fastpass option which allows you fast passes for you and your party (up to a certain # of people, I thought it was like 6 or something) for certain attractions. We were fortunate enough last October to get the dream fast passes after exiting one of the attractions at AK and it totally saved our day. It was very hot and crowded, but we were able to do all the major attractions without messing with the FP machines - it was great!

cather74
09-15-2009, 04:59 PM
I was a fast past winner too at the MK. It was a great idea and it's too bad that they don't have it anymore. Being chosen for that was like winning the lottery!........for a day.:cool:

MNNHFLTX
09-17-2009, 10:46 AM
Yes, the Dream Fast Passes ended along with the Year of a Million Dreams celebration. Apparently the Dream Team has been disbanded.

rob121
09-17-2009, 05:35 PM
Thanks for the responses. I'm glad that I was lucky enough to get the Dream FastPasses in DHS one time. Made it easier to ride Toy Story!

EJS-Houston
09-21-2009, 10:52 AM
It is too bad that had to end. We won dream fast passes 2 years ago upon disembarking from Expedition Everest. When I quickly realized what was going on, I bounded off the train so fast I left my backpack on board. Fortunately my friend and travel companion grabbed it for me. But it really did make you feel like you'd won the lottery.