PDA

View Full Version : Adding a day to a booked vacation

rob121
09-15-2009, 02:14 PM
We are going down soon, I was wondering if we would be able to add a day to our reservation at the front desk when we check in. I don't want to call ahead because we're not sure if we're going to do it or not. (We'll see what the weather forecast is!)

I understand that it would be dependent on availability, but I don't want to have to make a new reservation just for the additional day. Anyone ever do this?

Seasonscraps
09-15-2009, 02:39 PM
I think if you wait until you get there you will need to add on as a seperate reservation. I would give them a call and see what the policy is.

We have added days while in Disney but we would move from a villa to a resort so it had to be 2 reservations. We were never not able to get a room at the last minute although it was not always our first choice of resorts.

lighteningqueen
09-15-2009, 03:07 PM
I called 2 times in August to extend the days on property and no problems. They just re-sent a new length of stay. But it could have been filled up and then what we have done since our plane reservations were for one more day. I would call NOW and see what they say. It would be better to have than not and be stuck with nothing.

TammiMcMan
09-15-2009, 04:25 PM
Are you on a package? If so, making changes within the 45 day window could incur an additional fee (although Disney usually waives this if you're spending more money).

Is your room discounted? If so, it's definitely best to call now and see if you can get it extended one more day. If you wait until you arrive, it's my understanding that the registration CM's would only be authorized to give you the additional day at the rack room rate. This could mean another reservation number and having to change rooms on that final day.

If none of the above apply and you want to wait until arrival, I would just ask them to make a note about staying in the same room.

fatboy
09-15-2009, 09:27 PM
I did it last year and needed 2 ressie #'s. There is even the possibility of a room change. I was told that at the front desk upon check-in.

fatboy
09-15-2009, 09:35 PM
http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=161378