PDA

View Full Version : Backlot Tour refurb?

Imagineer1981
09-15-2009, 11:30 AM
When I was at DHS 2 weeks ago, there was a sign at the Backlot Tour saying it was closed for a "new experience". The CM there just kept telling everyone it was indefinitely closed. Anyone know what this is?

Laughin' place
09-15-2009, 01:19 PM
I truly hope they have something good planned (and not more subtraction). The loss of the "backlot" part of backlot was terrrible. It negated a lot of what Disney MGM was supposed to be, and made the backlot tour watered down (pun intended) to an extreme. I miss seeing artists working on the next feature cartoon, making costumes, shows being shot, etc

DisneyFanaticDargon
09-15-2009, 01:22 PM
The backlot tour is largely a ghost of what it used to be. It used to be one of the major attractions in the park, and took upwards of an hour to complete, including a drive on the Streets of America.

As the years have gone by and DHS has functioned less and less as a working studio, the entire attraction seems incredibly dated and out of place. Honestly, it's taking up valuable real estate at this point and just needs to be removed.

Belle619
09-15-2009, 02:10 PM
We did this attraction for the first time this past Saturday (9/12) and I have to say that I was less than impressed. The actual "ride" portion took about 10 minutes and was very disappointing.

phillydan
09-15-2009, 04:50 PM
We skipped it completly on the last trip. it just doesn't do it for us anymore. The kids hate the PT Boat show in the beginning; it is kind of long to be standing there.