PDA

View Full Version : Dining Plan and Peak season

Genie1953
09-14-2009, 09:38 PM
I just found out that for 2010 Disney vacations if you check into the resort during peak season and have the disney dining plan you will have to pay peak season rates on the dining plan for the entire trip even if part of the trip falls during the regular season. We planned on checking in on 4/10/2010 which is the last night of peak season and will be checking out on 4/18. Just seems a bit unfair to have to pay the peak rates for the entire trip when we will only be there one night of the peak season. The dining plan during regular season is $41.99 per night and the peak season rate is $46.99 per night so this can really add up depending on how many people in your group. What are everyone else's thoughts on this? Just wondering....

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Seasonscraps
09-14-2009, 11:12 PM
I understand it from a corporate let's make as much money as we possibly can perspective but I think it's gross. They are already getting a premium for the rooms this just seems excessively greedy and opportunistic.

Does it go both ways? If you check in the day before peak period, are guests charged the 41.99/day for the trip? What about making 2 reservations? A resort only reservation for the first night and then book a package for 4/11-4/18?

Genie1953
09-14-2009, 11:51 PM
Does it go both ways? If you check in the day before peak period, are guests charged the 41.99/day for the trip? What about making 2 reservations? A resort only reservation for the first night and then book a package for 4/11-4/18?

You know, I wondered about that also. Seems only fair for it to work both ways but I bet it doesn't. Your suggestion of doing a resort only reservation for the first night and then a package beginning the 11th seems like a good idea. We had already planned on paying out of pocket for at least one meal anyway so purchasing a meal that first night wouldn't be a problem at all. Thanks for the suggestion!

Genie1953
09-15-2009, 06:39 PM
Has anyone heard if this works in reverse...if you check in during regular season and your stay extends into peak season...do you get the dining plan at the regular rate for the entire stay or do you have to pay the peak rate for the nights that fall within the peak season? Just wondering.......

fatboy
09-15-2009, 09:30 PM
I know this if you are check in on the last day of free dining, as long as you are checked in during the promo period. The free didning is good for the length of your stay, even if out of the promo period.