PDA

View Full Version : Disney College Program

WDWTEXAS
09-14-2009, 01:52 PM
Hey guys! I am a freshman in college and looking at doing the Disney College Program, a one semester internship at Disney World. I was wondering if you guys had any experiences witht that you would like to share.

MartyS
09-14-2009, 02:27 PM
My DD24 did the CP this time two years ago and loved it, and would go back in a heartbeat.

Joannelet
09-14-2009, 02:53 PM
Hi future maybe cast member!!!
First of all if you are on this site then I would think you are a DIsney fan! With that being said I did the college internship (I based my entire college choice around it actually!)
I originally wanted to do it when I was a freshman but my teacher talked me out of it. He wanted me to get some experience first from my classes, find what direction I was going to go in, and do the normal college thing, then head off to Disney.
With that being said I went fall of my senior year. I had originally wanted summer (so that I didn't miss a semester with my friends) but it didn't pan out that way and was accpeted for the fall.
I have to say that it was and still is the best experience of my life. You will LOVE LOVE LOVE It! Every job interview that I went on LOVED talking Disney!!! I got almost every job that I went for because its something that stands out and is memorable. If you want to you can write to me and I will talk to you more about it off the thread. Just send me a message on here.

joanna71985
09-16-2009, 09:04 PM
Hey guys! I am a freshman in college and looking at doing the Disney College Program, a one semester internship at Disney World. I was wondering if you guys had any experiences witht that you would like to share.

Hey. I've done the CP before (currently on one), and my first one was after 1 semester in school. I loved doing the CP (still do). I had a great time, and had great experiences. I hope to go FT at Disney after this CP ends. And if you have any questions, I can try to answer them.

Monorail_Red
10-04-2009, 12:03 PM
I will be a CP for Spring 2010 in Transportation.

joanna71985
10-06-2009, 01:59 PM
I will be a CP for Spring 2010 in Transportation.

Congrats! :)

sfunicello
11-04-2009, 10:44 PM
yay got my acceptance email today for spring advantage 2010 attractions...praying to get good news as a character performer!!:mickey:

Joannelet
11-05-2009, 08:05 AM
Good luck guys!! Its such an amazing experience!! The BEST advice I can have for you all is to DO AS MUCH AS YOU CAN while you are there...if you are given another opportunity to do something in addition to your job do it. Volunteer to do something etc.
Make the most of your experience there.
Its the opportunity of a lifetime working for this company so take FULL advantage of it.
Believe me its an experience you will NEVER forget!

joanna71985
11-08-2009, 01:13 AM
yay got my acceptance email today for spring advantage 2010 attractions...praying to get good news as a character performer!!:mickey:

Congrats! :)

JabberJaws
11-09-2009, 10:53 AM
I did the CP in 2002, summer/fall of my Junior year, and absolutely 100% loved it. I actually ended up being a campus representative for the CP for the remainder of my college years and even during graduate school.

I highly recommend it to just about anyone and actually would go so far as to say regarding growth, maturation, learning, networking, experience, friendships, etc it was the single most rewarding experience I had during college (aside from meeting my wife of course haha). Not only was it a blast, but it was a great experience. It was my first apartment experience, first time being that far away from home (from South Carolina and went to college 3 hrs from hometown, WDW was 8 hrs from home town/6hrs from College). It was also my first real experience of having to manage money completely on my own, buy groceries (had gotten spoiled by school caf) etc.

Finally, I made some amazing friends there, many of whom I still keep in touch with. One of my roomates from my CP was a groomsman in my wedding, so the friendships were great!

Needless to say I am a big proponent of the program.

DVC2004
11-11-2009, 09:36 AM
I knwo alot of people who did the CP ( I didn't, but I did work for Disney) and loved it! It's quite an experience and if you have the opportunity I would go for it! :mickey:

malz288
11-12-2009, 02:56 PM
I did the CP program, and it was one of the best decisions I have ever made. I did it the spring of my sophomore year at college, which I thought was pretty good time, because most people don't really get into their major classes until their junior year, so you're not behind in anything. Definitely look into getting credit for it. I was able to get 12 credits for being down there, and it placed me out of my major requirements. Treasure your time there, because all of a sudden, you blink and you're home. Have fun and make sure you bring money down to Disney with you. I definitely went through money very quickly, and unfortunately, it's very easy to do. Have fun and good luck!