PDA

View Full Version : Olivia's vs 1900 Park Fare

Carolanne
09-13-2009, 07:18 PM
Ok, so I booked 1900 Park Fare for our (me & mom) first night's dinner. We've never eaten there before, figured it would be something new, and the characters would be a bonus. I had read some really good reviews on here about the food (and the menu looked good), so I went ahead & booked.

But now...7 days away & I'm 2nd guessing this decision. I had read a bunch of good reviews for 1900 before I booked, but now that I've booked I'm seeing all kinds of not so good reviews for it.

We're staying at OKW. We've stayed there 2x before but never tried Olivia's (have read the reviews where the food is ok, definitely not what it used to be). I haven't booked the ADR yet, but there are times available.

So...if you had to pick between 1900 & Olivia's, which would you pick?

I'm kind of leaning towards Olivia's since it's at our resort (we could take a nap & then head over for dinner), but I'll go wherever the better food is, lol. TIA!

SBETigg
09-13-2009, 07:57 PM
If you're not really into the character experience, I would change over to Grand Floridian Cafe. Very good food and service. Olivia's would be relaxing, perhaps, if you wanted to stay around your resort. But if you wanted good character interaction, I would ignore the reviews and stick to your plans. The stepsisters are reportedly hilarious.

Plus, the reviews are mixed. I've read more good than bad, but those bad reviews always make you wonder. You never know until you find out for yourself. You could end up agreeing with the bad reviews (which weren't inedible bad, from what I've seen, just overpriced food bad), or you could go and find it a great experience and the highlight of your trip.

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-13-2009, 09:26 PM
We went to 1900 Park Fare on our last trip and we LOVED it! It is one of our new favourites.

The food was good, much better than at the other buffets we'd been to at Disney and the character interaction was just super. We had a good food and so much fun.

I think that it would be a great way to start a vacation.

bkfree
09-14-2009, 10:06 AM
We LOVE 1900 and it is one of our top spots to eat. It has great food and great entertainment. You do not have to be a kid or have a kid with you to enjoy this place.
It was much better than the regular restaurant at GF.

Carolanne
09-14-2009, 01:05 PM
Thanks everyone :mickey:

I'm thinking maybe me & mom will stick with 1900 Park Fare. I think it will be a hoot with the step-sisters :)

SBETigg: I am thinking about the GF Cafe for November with DH--we've never been there before. This would be perfect for the night we have tix for MVMCP.