PDA

View Full Version : Events at Disney

motoeric
09-13-2009, 12:47 PM
Hi,

I was hoping that someone might be able to offer some suggestions on who I should contact about suggesting an event to be held at Disney.

Who would I speak with to suggest that Disney should host a BBQ competition, possibly in conjunction with the Food and Wine Festival?

Any ideas are welcome and thanks for the help!

Eric Devlin
[email protected]

TheRustyScupper
09-13-2009, 03:09 PM
1) Disney does not take suggestions for events/rides/attractions.
2) It is strictly against policy.

Polynesian Dweller
09-13-2009, 04:46 PM
Most places do not accept unsolicited suggestions. They need to know that there will be no hidden legal and/or liability issues by accepting to look at them. Not suggesting you just giving a reason why corporation do this, but its amazing sometimes what people will sue about and most businesses, and especially entertainment ones have learned that lesson the hard way the people will claim 'property' rights about almost any idea.

DisneyFanaticDargon
09-13-2009, 05:00 PM
Considering Disney is a target for some new lawsuit every other day, they won't take unsolicited ideas. Don't take it personally, they're just trying to make sure they're watching their backs.

Hair_Razor
09-13-2009, 05:43 PM
It may be possible to have a tourism board say Memphis? host something like that. When we went to F&W last year they had New Orleans tourism board hosting a demo booth. That may be a way to get that concept in the park. Good luck!

motoeric
09-14-2009, 02:38 PM
Thanks for the input!

Eric

TheVBs
09-14-2009, 05:48 PM
Definitely email Disney and ask if there's a way to propose something like this. I had a similar question a while back about presenting an idea for a product line (for a friend, not me) and got similar feedback, that Disney would not take ideas. I had already emailed them by then and much to my surprise they responded with an address that my friend could send his idea to!! So don't assume they won't be open to a suggestion or an idea! Write them yourself and ask. :thumbsup: