PDA

View Full Version : Star Tours II for 2011

DisneyFr33k
09-13-2009, 07:55 AM
If you haven't heard about the new Star Tours II, click on the "news" tab above. As you can tell by my avatar, our family is a all about Star Wars (our dog is named Darcy Vada for Darth Vader -- we joke saying "don't go to the 'dog' side"). :darth: We're excited they are updating this ride!! :yoda::trooper::chewy::ewok:

What do you think?

TheVBs
09-13-2009, 09:12 AM
Looks like a great upgrade! We just recently introduced the DDs to the Star Wars movies and they LOVE them! I wish I could do Star Tours, but simulators make me :sick:.

buzznwoodysmom
09-13-2009, 10:31 AM
My boys, and DH, will be thrilled. Star Tours is always a must do for our family, so the update will be a welcomed change!

SandmanGStefani24
09-13-2009, 05:07 PM
im excited, but a little concerned. I love the ride in its current configuration, but even I concede that it needs an update.

Still, i have the image of El Rid del Tiempo changing into The Grand Fiesta and am slightly worried. The old ride was more about Mexico, and the new one has pretty much nothing to do with it. I don't like the new ride much...

I'm sure it will be lots of fun to ride, but next trip I will be sure to ride it at least twice to enjoy it one last time...

Tigerinvestigator
09-14-2009, 01:13 AM
Excited but would love to see them give riders a choice and keep at least a couple of the old version for people who have never ridden it. Nothing better for a Star Wars fan than flying down the death star trench and blowing up the death star! Doesn't seem like it would be much trouble to have both versions!:thumbsup:

huzzah4
09-14-2009, 01:11 PM
I have never minded the ride or the movie much, the thing that really bothered me is the stupid Pee Wee Herman droid that is supposed to be our pilot. If they do not replace that abomination, nothing will be improved in my opinion. As sad as it is to say, I would rather have Jar Jar Binks be our pilot.

TakeMe2EPCOT
09-14-2009, 09:57 PM
I'm not crazy about it. Looks like they're incorporating junk from the prequel trilogy, which I despise!

disneykid@hrt
09-14-2009, 11:03 PM
Not a fan of the prequals either! The original Star Wars Trilogy is the greatest. I hope they still leave some of the stuff from the first three.
This one does need an update. I've even considered passing it up on some trips... never do though. :thumbsup:

26 Days!!! Can't believe I'm in the twenties...:mickey:

Imagineer1981
09-15-2009, 11:20 AM
I have a feeling that it will incorporate both. If you watch the teaser clip, the pod racer crashes and then flies into the sky, where the Star Tours 2 logo comes up. Hopefully in the real film, it would be you continue flying in space and then maybe this time fly into the Deathstar like on Return of the Jedi, could be really cool

bruin1344
09-15-2009, 01:24 PM
i am happy its being renovated. i am not a star wars person, i find star tours outdated, and sometimes it gives minor motion sickness. i usually skip it if the wait is over 15 min. i look forward to the new one.

2Epcot
09-15-2009, 02:32 PM
I'm not crazy about it. Looks like they're incorporating junk from the prequel trilogy, which I despise!

I feel kind of the same way. I like the original Star Wars films ... I love real photographed models as opposed to all the CGI models. This Star Wars II looks like it will be based on the Pod Racing sequence. I would rather have something that is more in space, a battle or something along those lines.

cmshelton1979
09-17-2009, 12:10 PM
This kind of reminds me of the arcade game. My DS9 and I use to play it all the time, I hope its not strictly based on the Pod racing. I can see them doing this to appeal to the younger crowds who have grown up with the prequel.

I won't mind if its a small part of the ride maybe leading up to a death star bombing :)

I am not saying I wont like it, because I am a Star Wars fan. I just hope it is more than pod racing.

Laughin' place
09-17-2009, 01:14 PM
Maybe we will be in the minority, but my sons and I will really miss Capt "Rex" if he isnt a part of the new ride. I'll bet he's history. Imagineers..how about having him in the pre-show area (maybe being repaired or reprogrammed). Would be a nice homage to ST #1. I really like the idea of keeping a couple of shuttles to fly the old route, can this be done , Please ?!?:fingers:

LVT
09-17-2009, 06:54 PM
Hey! I enjoyed Jar Jar.