PDA

View Full Version : What ride 'belongs' to your family, but you let us borrow it when we are there?

disneydoug
09-13-2009, 04:19 AM
What ride seems like you 'own' it because your family loves it so much?

BPATSMouse
09-13-2009, 04:35 AM
Haunted Mansion :blackcat::bat::ghost: Always the first ride of the trip.

stitchaholic
09-13-2009, 07:44 AM
Rrrc

VWL Mom
09-13-2009, 08:20 AM
Ours was Mr. Toad's Wild Ride but someone borrowed it and didn't bring it back. :(

buzznwoodysmom
09-13-2009, 10:34 AM
Splash Mountain is me and DS9's ride. When he was a baby I'd always sing zippa dee do da to him. The first time he rode it it was just him and I, DH had gone back to the room with younger DS. When DS realized what song was playing he said "Mom, this is our ride! I'll never ride this with anyone else!". I love those sweet moments.

Disney4us2
09-13-2009, 10:39 AM
I have a few. TTA (aka people mover), COP and Country Bear Jamboree. :mickey:

DisneyFreak23
09-13-2009, 10:55 AM
Space Mountain. Thats mine. I called it! :mickey:

MistressGracey
09-13-2009, 11:43 AM
The Haunted Mansion is definitely "our" ride...we can recite the dialog right along with the Ghost Host..(we don't of course; that would be annoying to other riders)..we always comb through Leota's Cart for HM themed merchandise, we even eat at Columbia Harbor House just so we can see the mansion as we dine (though it is a fine place for lunch on it's own merit).

I don't mind you guys riding our ride when you're there, but please...be respectful of the happy haunts who dwell there...:D:hmghost::blackcat::bat::menorah: (please pretend that this menorah is the floating candle holder in the endless hallway-thanks!)

ransam
09-13-2009, 11:54 AM
for me it's the Tiki room...just because as a kid, it was one ride that stood out to me seeing w/ my parents.

badkitty
09-13-2009, 12:07 PM
POTC. :cool:

My nana and my mom loved that ride. (My nana though was only able to experience DL.) They passed the ride down to my sister and me. We love floating along the caverns, the "unexpected" drop, the battle, the song, everything. Thanks for enjoying our ride and please, no flash pictures!

Phantod
09-13-2009, 01:13 PM
It's gotta be Thunder Mtn. And since no one else has mentioned it, it's ours.

We've just had too many fun experiences on it. Like when we took the DD on it (at DL) for the first time when she was like 3 and a half and she hated it.

When we rode it the day after hurricane Charley and there was NOBODY there. We virtually did all of MK in like 3 hours. We did Big Thunder, watched the fireworks go off, came back into the station with 2 people waiting to get on, so we did another round, watched more fireworks, back to the station, still no people....one more time.

Or the time we were in line almost to get on and it started to rain, so we said what the heck, let's go anyway without ponchos, and it was raining so hard we couldn't even open our eyes, and we were slip sliding around, and when we got off we were soaked to the skin. I think we would have been drier if we had just jumped into a pool.

Or last May when we are in line at DL and I look to see how long a line there is for the back car (you do know that the back car is the best ride, right?), and who do I see but our DD (she got over not liking it) and her husband. We had no idea they were even at the parks....the exact same days as we were.

So, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, you belong to us. :thumbsup:

Daisy'sMom
09-13-2009, 01:17 PM
We have two. COP and TTA! They hold a very special place in our hearts and always will. From the first time we shared the magic of Disney together and all the years with our children. TTA was of course, Wedway People Mover (and always will be) and our little ones would scream "People Mover, People Mover". And they were singing the COP song before they could add 2 + 2. :mickey:

nicster
09-13-2009, 01:21 PM
I claim Jungle Cruise! When DD worked @ DL, while attending Fullerton College, she worked as a 'skipper'. I got to go onto the boat when I would go for a visit, entering at the exit after everyone would get off from the cruise before. That way I got to sit up front with DD. I remember one time I lingered to take pictures of her in costume and a co-worker came over to see why this 'guest' was taking such an interest in the skipper. When we explained that we are mother & daughter, he exclaimed that was hard to believe, since I am so 'normal'! ha!! he knows nothing!!

Marceline
09-13-2009, 01:30 PM
Spaceship Earth is mine.....but I always share with my friends. :thumbsup::mickey:

Giggy
09-13-2009, 03:25 PM
No one else has claimed it yet so I'm going for Walt Disney World Railroad, simply because it is where we start for our first day in Magic Kingdom when we go to WDW, making it our first ever ride *. :train:

*Inside a park, in truth I class the monorail, ferry and even the parking lot tram that take us to the entrance as extra rides for me to go on. For what it's worth I think we took the ferry the very first time we went.

StitchFan#1
09-13-2009, 04:01 PM
I CALL SORIN' ! We must od this the frist thing in epcot except for a usual bathroom break:D
My friends are always why do you like it so much and i reply hey im a disney kid

HauntedMansionManiac
09-13-2009, 04:21 PM
My familys is living with the land. It was the first ride we went on there and it signifies the beginning of a great time for us.

I LoveJack
09-13-2009, 07:41 PM
Mine is the POTC at Disneyland because it opened on my birthday, And my brother's is The Haunted Mansion at Disneyland because he was born on it's anniversary. You could say we have Disney in the gene's.:mickey:

TikiLounger
09-13-2009, 08:40 PM
I call dibs on Tower of Terror!

SFTrny
09-13-2009, 08:54 PM
Are we allowed to claim the golf carts at FW?

Otherwise, we claim the boats from FW to the Contemporary.

tcswife
09-13-2009, 09:34 PM
PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN!!!!!:mickey:

Tigerinvestigator
09-13-2009, 11:11 PM
I guess I would have to fight some of you for POTC. I guess technically I would have more claim to Primevil Whirl more than any other ride because we were among the first passengers on it when it opened. The first day of visitor testing.:thumbsup:

Laughin' place
09-14-2009, 01:06 PM
There are many I like better, or that have better ties to my family; but I'll have to take Country Bears, because members of my family look and act like the cast...

joonyer
09-14-2009, 03:28 PM
Once again, It's Splash Mountain, Our family's personal (favorite attraction, I'm sure designed just for us in mind! :D

darthmacho
09-14-2009, 03:35 PM
Good question. I suppose I'll find out next year when we go for the first time with my wife and two kids as a family.

On a personal level, I fell like I'm the only one in the world that truly appreciates Kilamanjaro Safari and the two AK walking trails. While I know that really isn't true, I feel like these attractions were made exclusively for me, but they allow others to ride/view when I'm not there only to give it some use. :D

Also, my wife and I feel like we "own" the Wilderness Lodge, even though we only stayed there for 9 nights over 11 years ago. Also, none of the proceeds seem to be going to us. What's up with that? :laughing:

IamBelle
09-14-2009, 05:16 PM
Our rides are pirates and the winnie the pooh ride these are the rides that we ride over and over and never get bored with them

wdwfansince75
09-14-2009, 09:36 PM
We once thought we owned "If You Had Wings" (and let everyone ride it for free, even though you needed tickets for all the other rides), and expanded our holdings to include "Horizons"....but we failed to keep up the payments, and they were both repossessed....While we don't own them outright, we do believe we are majority owners of PoTC, TTA (People Mover), and CoP....always do them together as a family....but love sharing them with our friends...

Belle_0717
09-15-2009, 12:38 PM
POTC for me, Splash for DH, COP for dad, Jungle Cruise for mom, Teacups for sis, Star Tours for bro-in-law. Don't think Nephew has a favorite but maybe it is Pooh. He & I are looking forward to Peter Pan.

Suz36
09-15-2009, 08:48 PM
Not exactly a ride, but...Cinderella Castle! I always joke with my kids that it's really mine, I just give the key to Cinderella when we leave so she can take care of it until we return! Any time we see a picture of the castle, I say to the kids, "It's my castle!"

ipgfb01
09-15-2009, 10:16 PM
You said Family - Goofy's Barnstormer is for the whole family. Slow enough for young and fast enough for older. PLUS Whenever you are there the lines are shorter than other rides. We use it as a meeting place and ride it over and over while waiting for each other. .

seanyred
09-16-2009, 08:36 AM
For now its the People Mover (TTA). But i'm thinking that will change when we take my DS in November. I'm sure it will switch to the either the Monorail or WDW Railroad.

ginny57
09-16-2009, 12:55 PM
Great Movie Ride here! We love so much @ WDW but this one is special somehow. I think it's seeing scenes from all of our favorite films either in recreation or in the film clips at the end.....just love it! :mickey:

Mousemates
09-16-2009, 10:26 PM
we'll take the water taxi from FW to MK (or PO to DD or BC to DS)...love the rides in the evening just about dusk.

IloveDisney71
09-16-2009, 10:40 PM
CoP - We always make sure we ride it when we visit. We love this ride. I've loved this ride since I was a kid. I was always surprised that my two DD's feel in love with this ride. I thought they would think it was boring, but they always asked to ride it. It's a tradition for us. We always leave singing It's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!

MarknTara
09-17-2009, 05:34 AM
Ours is definately POTC. Its our first ride every visit! We'll be on it tomorrow morning!!!!!!!! :mickey: :mickey: :mickey:

VWL Mom
09-17-2009, 07:32 AM
There are many I like better, or that have better ties to my family; but I'll have to take Country Bears, because members of my family look and act like the cast...

:haha:

Jenemmy
09-17-2009, 09:23 AM
Not exactly a ride, but...Cinderella Castle! I always joke with my kids that it's really mine, I just give the key to Cinderella when we leave so she can take care of it until we return! Any time we see a picture of the castle, I say to the kids, "It's my castle!"

:blush:tee hee -- are you SURE it's yours???? I was really thinkin' it was mine.......;)

julyjewel
09-17-2009, 09:49 AM
Splash!

Ms. Mode
09-17-2009, 09:57 AM
Splash Mountain....love that "laughing place" :thumbsup:

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-17-2009, 10:01 AM
Haunted Mansion for me, Rockin Roller Coaster for sis, Expedition Everest for my son and Peter Pan for my mom

danimator
09-17-2009, 02:30 PM
Philharmagic. It's mine, MINE!

DW and I walked in expecting a 'nice' 3D show, and were completely stunned. We were laughing and gasping and grabbing each others hands the whole time. Now, the clock-chimes in the Peter Pan segment make me teary every time.

That, and Carousel of Progress. We LOVE it. We love the walt-era animatronics, the unabashed love of technological progress, the nuclear family, even the slight cheesiness. Pure perfection.

prttynpnk
09-18-2009, 09:37 AM
My husband really thinks he is an official jungle cruise skipper in his heart of hearts- we love that ride, sometimes I feel like we're enjoying it the most in our boat!

Robert's Dad
09-18-2009, 02:04 PM
Its a Small World, Yes I know, but my DS first trip he wanted to ride it over and over. I rode it 6 times in a row, so its mine!

dream_disney
09-18-2009, 04:12 PM
I call Expedition Everest. It's the best ride in all of WDW!!! Tower of Terror and Rockin Roller Coaster and also amazing!
:mickey:

Dickson Thunder
09-19-2009, 07:33 PM
Splash Mountain, no doubt!

mickkey
09-20-2009, 03:48 PM
TTA we all love it when the parks are crowded ...and it gives us time to sit and chat, make plans, rest, etc.
Also SSE is another fav
:mickey:

kimblebee
09-22-2009, 12:41 AM
Since no one has mentioned it I call dibs on Kali River Rapids in AK. I just retured 2 days ago from our trip and we went on it 9 times in a row. It was really humid that day so it was nice to cool off. Plus, there was no line at all so we just kept going on it. My daughter still laughs at how wet I got.

WorldTraveler
09-22-2009, 04:27 PM
That would be Thunder Mountain.
In 1986 my dad and I went to ride it late while the park had unscheduled extended hours and there were few guests. As we got off the ride, my dad said, “Lets ride it again” and around we raced to go through the non existing line to ride again. Seeing this, the cast members invited us to remain seated and sent us on another ride. Once off, we repeated only to have the cast members urge us to remain seated for more rides. This went on an on so much we lost count of the rides. You see, my dad had severe rheumatoid arthritis and could hardly walk but the fun he was having kept him wanting to go back on each time we exited. The next day he was hurting so bad that he had to remain in bed all day and missed a full day with the rest of the family. He passed away in 1995 and he always would laugh at the memory and say that it was all worth it. Whenever we are at WDW, we always ride Thunder Mountain at night for my dad.

Rayadragon
09-26-2009, 12:43 PM
I can't believe there's going to be a fight over this one, but (as much as I hate to take this one) the family ride would have to be It's a Small World. It's hands down my brother's favorite ride, and somewhat near the top for my dad and mom. We also have a lot of good memories of it, especially when crowds are lighter, of the CMs letting us ride multiple times in a row (lucky us....) because of my brother's disabilities.

Cinderelley
09-28-2009, 01:38 AM
Ours is Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. I initally thought Pirates, but the kids outvoted me. They said they like seeing me laughing hysterically while I slam into them on the curves. It's a good thing my kids are all bigger than me now! :D

MushuGrl
09-28-2009, 02:28 PM
I CALL BUZZ LIGHTYEAR SPACE RANGER SPIN!

Reason being we've turned it into an Olympic sport. It's not unusual for us to ride it, spend about two, three minutes smacktalking, taking a few steps.."Huh..wanna do it again.." BACK IN LINE!

(Okay, mainly it's to try to beat my best friend, which I did, once, never happen again, but don't tell him that.) :secret:

Lakin
09-28-2009, 05:27 PM
The Seas With Nemo And Friends.

ravsluvdisney
09-29-2009, 07:19 PM
Tough call after several yearly trips - would have to say Splash with possibly a takeover bid by TSM!!

Mrs Bus Driver
09-30-2009, 06:40 AM
Spaceship Earth DD and I rode this several times on our last trip. I smile every time I think of all the fun we had answering the questions and watching the resulting video even though we don't speak french or german :secret:. :mickey:

Little Round Bale
09-30-2009, 08:23 AM
POTC, Philharmagic and Toy Story Mania. But we love to share. :D

mouseketeer mom
09-30-2009, 08:25 AM
Pirates. We begin with it, end with it, and lots of it in between.

andreallybadeggs
10-01-2009, 07:53 PM
Another pirate for POTC-- just check out my screen name. :pirate:
And while I'll admit that all of the pp's have valid reasons for their claims I must hold feet to the fire for some other pirate wanna-be's who love to sing along and aloud on the "Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me" line. DH serenades me (quietly) with all 5 verses every time we ride. If you want to learn them just ask him. That's his own contribution to the "Pirates' Code" :D

AllDisney
10-01-2009, 10:39 PM
Very hard choice to make. Narrowed it down to 2: POTC & Carousel of Progress.

Just got told don't forget Fantasmic. That's it before someones else chimes in:thumbsup:

BMan62
10-02-2009, 12:56 PM
Since no one has mentioned it I call dibs on Kali River Rapids in AK. I just retured 2 days ago from our trip and we went on it 9 times in a row. It was really humid that day so it was nice to cool off. Plus, there was no line at all so we just kept going on it. My daughter still laughs at how wet I got.

Off Topic: Did your clothes stink after Kali? We rode while on our 9/15 - 9/26 trip and when the water started drying, our clothes STUNK! So bad that we had to wrap them in a plastic bag so as not to get the smell on anything else! (I know it wasn't us that stank, we took showers and put anti-perspirant on right before we left for the park!! :D )

BPATSMouse
10-03-2009, 05:42 AM
Carousel of Progress:dance:

When my kids where younger they would beg to ride it early in the day then sing the song the rest of the day.:trio: They still sing it before every trip. We have NEVER missed riding COP anytime we are at Magic Kingdom

PETE FROM NYC
10-03-2009, 08:46 AM
The nerve of some posters, claiming my Haunted Mansion.
It started this way:
20+ years ago,while planning a visit, my niece, Tina, then 2 1/2 yo, wanted to know about WDW.
I had some 8mm movies that I had bought on a previous trip.One of the films was the Haunted Mansion.
I had a projector, but no movie screen, so I projected it on my living room wall. Tina loved the HM movie and whenever she visited us she wanted to see Uncle Pete's ghosts on the wall.
When we finally got to WDW, all Tina wanted to do was to see her uncles ghosts.
But, don't worry.I have never minded sharing MY ghosts.

amd780
10-03-2009, 06:28 PM
Mine will have to be divided into 3 categories:

Ride that belongs to my family overall: Spaceship Earth! It was one of my favorite attractions in Epcot as a child, and still is. Riding it reminds me of the trips I took with my family when I was little. DH loves it, too!

Ride belonging to my sister and I: Big Thunder. I'm a "thrill ride chicken," :blush: and finally summoned up the courage to try Big Thunder with my sister in 2004. Needless to say, I ended up having a great time. We rode it 3 times in a row that day!

Ride belonging to DH and I: Test Track and Soarin' are tied.

beksy
10-04-2009, 01:19 AM
I'm sorry but I think some of you are mistaken. You obviously have only visited when I wasn't there and borrowed my rides without being aware of it (I'm generous but don't want to make a big deal so you might have missed the little plaques proclaiming them mine--in English and Spanish :mickey:). My rides are BTMRR because of the great memories I have and it was my sister's first thrill ride and now her favorite ride, IASW because it was always our first and last ride as I was growing up, and Maelstrom. I tried for POTC but it was taken :confused:

ShanPooh
10-04-2009, 11:39 PM
Yeah, um, we had claims on El Rio del Tiempo until a trio of birds flocked in.

EPCOT84
10-07-2009, 02:13 AM
Ah yes, I never got mine back. A collector came after it. Horizons.

Mrs Bus Driver
10-07-2009, 10:27 AM
The nerve of some posters, claiming my Haunted Mansion.
It started this way:
20+ years ago,while planning a visit, my niece, Tina, then 2 1/2 yo, wanted to know about WDW.
I had some 8mm movies that I had bought on a previous trip.One of the films was the Haunted Mansion.
I had a projector, but no movie screen, so I projected it on my living room wall. Tina loved the HM movie and whenever she visited us she wanted to see Uncle Pete's ghosts on the wall.
When we finally got to WDW, all Tina wanted to do was to see her uncles ghosts.
But, don't worry.I have never minded sharing MY ghosts.

What a nice story thank you for sharing :mickey:

c&d
10-07-2009, 11:31 AM
When it was just the 2 of us it was PoTC. Now that we're 3 it's ToT, we just can't get enough of dropping.

crltkcagle
10-08-2009, 08:11 PM
POC! Its our favorite and everytime we hear yo ho yo ho we want to go back to Disney!

dog-ears
10-10-2009, 10:56 PM
I CALL BUZZ LIGHTYEAR SPACE RANGER SPIN!

Reason being we've turned it into an Olympic sport. It's not unusual for us to ride it, spend about two, three minutes smacktalking, taking a few steps.."Huh..wanna do it again.." BACK IN LINE!

(Okay, mainly it's to try to beat my best friend, which I did, once, never happen again, but don't tell him that.) :secret:

Of course you are Co-0wners with us! We do generously let our competition umm, I mean park-visiting friends enjoy the ride as much as they would like ... as long as we can get it in at least 3 times per trip. :D

Greenlawler
10-10-2009, 11:13 PM
Yeah, um, we had claims on El Rio del Tiempo until a trio of birds flocked in.

Thats funny becuase we are the new owners :mickey:.

Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Da Disney
11-07-2012, 05:58 PM
:thedolls: Journey into Imagination and Spaceship Earth are now owned by Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Da Disney sorry to previous owners. Love these rides bring some many good memories!

RavsRuleDisney!
11-09-2012, 12:17 PM
Tuff one. After several trips as a family I would go by park:

Big Thunder @ MK - done it by day, by night, been stuck on it....great ride

Soarin' @ Epcot - DW influenced and could use some variations to the ride to mix it up/keep it fresh, but a very cool, original ride

Safari @ AK....well, because you almost feel like you are on a safari!

R&RC @ Studios - not alot ride-wise here, but this one is 45 seconds of crazy!!

Honorable mention - Summit Plummet - haven't been there in several trips but scary up top, exilirating-and bathing suit challenging-going down

epceddie
11-10-2012, 12:35 AM
Buzz Lightyear. We love to get to the MK for AM EMH and ride it over and over again while there's no wait.
Definitely not Swiss Family Treehouse. We have a small album of the ride board with about 20 photos from trips made by family members when the Tree House was closed. Coming back with a photo became a family tradition, because it was never open when one of us was down there.

texas211
11-11-2012, 11:12 AM
Jungle Cruise and TTA.

iluvdumbo
11-12-2012, 07:29 PM
Carousel of Progress and American Adventure!!!

kohlby
11-19-2012, 02:27 PM
Test Track. It quickly became my older two kids favorite as soon as they were 40" at 3 years old. I love it too. My youngest has now hit 40" and we'll be there soon, but returning home before the official TT opening of Dec 6. But, since it's "our" ride, I'm sure they'll put it in soft opening once they know we're coming . . . Hubby and I first rode it while we were dating when it was in soft opening. So, they really wanted it to be our ride. I'm sure they'll bring it back in time for us again!

Tinksmom
11-19-2012, 04:10 PM
I'm glad you all recognized that the Tea Cups belong to my family. We won the ride from the Mad Hatter in a Tea Cup Twirling contest about20 years ago. Our daughter has been groomed to take over the operation when we can't be the fastest spinner anymore. So everyone come by and ride next time you're in the park! You may want to stop by before lunch though. That saves us a lot on the janitorial bills!