PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Pseudo-Souvenirs?

SandmanGStefani24
09-13-2009, 12:26 AM
Of course there are things that we love to buy at WDW shops and resorts, but what items do you love to bring back that aren't really souvenirs?

I love the resort soaps best. I have them put away, and if I'm having a really tough week or so, I'll open one and use it for good luck. I also love the park maps and such that are left for you in your resort room. Looking over them really takes me back. I'm sure there are more I'm forgetting, but what do you guys love to bring back from the world?

DisneyFanaticDargon
09-13-2009, 01:23 AM
Even though they haven't changed dramatically in the last 7-8 years or so, probably even longer than that, I love collecting park maps.

nicster
09-13-2009, 01:29 AM
The pin that I was 'awarded' after participating in the radio show at the Adventurers Club... ah, the memories...

Briansmom
09-13-2009, 02:01 AM
The kids meal mickey shaped plate for my special DS11. He is too old for children's menu now, but we still use that plate from TWO years ago! :mickey:

For me...mmmm....the towel peacock our Mousekeeper made for us last trip!

SurferStitch
09-13-2009, 02:23 AM
The pin that I was 'awarded' after participating in the radio show at the Adventurers Club... ah, the memories...

DH and I still have ours, too! I love those pins.

I also love to keep the large postcards and stationary from the Grand Flo. They are so pretty, and look nice in my scrapbooks.

We also accumulated a ton of lotions (body and peppermint foot), shampoos and conditioners at the Poly and Grand Flo during various stays. I bring shampoo and conditioner from home (for my highlighted hair), and use very little lotion, but the Mousekeepers kept leaving more, and more, and more and....you get the idea. A couple of Mousekeepers finally told me to pack them up and take them home to give to family and friends, so that's what I did! The liquid body wash was awesome at both resorts, so that never made it home. We used them up on vacation.

We also collect the park maps and times guides.

If we get any towel critters, I'll pick my favorite little one and bring it home. I have a cute chickie sitting on my desk right now!

We also keep any special menus we get at different restaurants (Narcoossee's, V&A, etc.) The V&A ones are beautiful, and Narc's will give you one that says "Happy Anniversary", "Happy Birthday", etc.

I've also kept some of the Mickey confetti we've had on our tables at different restaurants for our anniversary. I still find a rogue confetti in my purses now and then!

Disney4us2
09-13-2009, 02:24 AM
I would have to go along with the Mickey soaps, as well as the birthday button, signed menu (1900PF) and birthday card from CRT for my DD's birthday.:party:

And one unexpected one of a new suit case. I was packing up our cases and couldn't get things to fit. Off to the resort shop and got a WDW suit case. I had no intention on that trip to buy a suit case.:mickey:

debandbub
09-13-2009, 07:35 AM
I like the cardboard drink coasters...we have a few YOMD ones as well as a few from Raglan Road. :marg:

stitchaholic
09-13-2009, 07:52 AM
my glow cubes and my towel animals

DisneyFreak23
09-13-2009, 11:10 AM
I have a handful of the mickey confetti that I keep in my purse. However, over the past 2 years that I've had that confetti, it somehow migrated out of my purse and into the rest of my house. Its amazing the places I find that stuff. Always brings me some Disney magic :mickey:

BMan62
09-13-2009, 11:47 AM
Along with the maps, times guides, refillable mugs, buttons (birthday, anniversary, etc.,) we keep out KTTW cards, any 'hard ticket event' cards, and our check in folders w/property maps.

DizNee143
09-15-2009, 09:50 AM
napkins..
we always take a decent pile whenever we get food..and just save them through out our whole trip..and then we get to have alittle bit of disney when we get home for alittle while..:mickey:

jpH/keD
09-15-2009, 05:00 PM
I do love my soaps and park maps! But my fav are the tix for MVMCP! They are just like keys to the world but for the party. Love them-and they have our names in tiny print on the bottom! I also have a styrofoam hot cocoa cup I saved! :thumbsup:

IloveDisney71
09-16-2009, 09:25 PM
I always get park maps, Disney soaps, and I keep my "keys to the kingdom" from each trip. I also keep all of my trip information packets...does that make me a pack rat? HA! I like to look back and see where we stayed, which rooms, resort maps, and the cost of each trip.:mickey: