PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions To Watch A Football Game

goofygirl64
09-12-2009, 05:39 PM
We (hubby & I) will be arriving at WDW 2 weeks from today (Yeah!) and would like to go somewhere to watch our beloved ND Irish play Saturday evening. Does anyone have a suggestion of a nice bar to watch a game, besides the ESPN Club? We are staying at FQ. :football:

Hammer
09-12-2009, 09:43 PM
Well, it will depend on who is broadcasting the game. If it is on ESPN or NBC (I think NBC still broadcasts some Irish games), you can watch it at any of the hotel bars. If it is not nationally televised (on a regional network) your best bet will be the ESPN Club. I watched the Phillies win the NL champoinship there last year and it was amazing.

Go BC :football:!

Tigerinvestigator
09-13-2009, 12:05 AM
The only really good place we have found that will let you watch your game without interruption is the ESPN club. We've watched a few games and one race there. You can get your own table and not have to worry about sharing a tv with anyone. When you go to the bathroom you don't have to worry about missing any of the action because one of the tv's will probably be showing your game in the bathroom. We did watch one basketball game next to Ohanas at the Poly but there were alot of people in the way!:thumbsup:

ransam
09-13-2009, 01:46 AM
The ESPN club is a great place to watch a game.

TheRustyScupper
09-13-2009, 03:00 PM
you can watch it at any of the hotel bars.

1) Hotel bars typically do not open until 5:00pm
2) But, most pool bars will have the TV set on.
3) But, limited seating around a pool bar.

LudwigVonDrake
09-13-2009, 05:48 PM
ESPN Club.

Hammer
09-13-2009, 11:37 PM

Actually, if the OP is looking for the 9/26 game (as they posted about the game 2 weeks from yesterday 9/12), it is scheduled for 8:00 PM, so the hotel bars are an option. I still think that ESPN Club would be the most fun for you.

MinnieMommie
09-14-2009, 06:10 AM
ESPN Club is a fun place to watch a game. As an alternative SSR has a nice large area outside the Turf Club restaurant. It has a bar, a pool table, couches and a nice TV. I haven't ever seen it crowded either. :mickey:

GO BC :football:

TheRustyScupper
09-14-2009, 08:09 AM
Actually, if the OP is looking for the 9/26 game.

1) Oh.
2) I didn't recognize "Irish".
3) I thought "Irish" was coffee with booze.
4) Or, a type of linen.

Mitzie
09-14-2009, 08:25 AM
Hey goofygirl...also from Indiana and big ND fans! Last weekend was a bummer! Last trip to Disney DH and DS both wore their ND gear and other folks would say "go Irish". I am a Purdue grad but being born and raised in the South Bend area...it is in the water. Great question as we would also like to catch a game when we are there this fall.

SBETigg
09-14-2009, 03:51 PM

Really? Because I've been to Mizner's and Tambu Lounge a few times at 3 or 4 in the afternoon. I'm not sure about the official opening time, but we weren't the only ones at either place at those times.

goofygirl64
09-14-2009, 03:55 PM
Hey goofygirl...also from Indiana and big ND fans! Last weekend was a bummer! Last trip to Disney DH and DS both wore their ND gear and other folks would say "go Irish". I am a Purdue grad but being born and raised in the South Bend area...it is in the water. Great question as we would also like to catch a game when we are there this fall.

Yes, last weekend was a bummer. My DH is still upset. We LOVE ND football and are fortunate enough to know someone with season tickets, so we get to go to at least one game a year. We are looking forward to catching the 9/26 game at the ESPN Club, since that seems to come highly recommended. I hope that you get to watch your game there too. GO IRISH!!!

goofygirl64
09-14-2009, 04:21 PM
1) Oh.
2) I didn't recognize "Irish".
3) I thought "Irish" was coffee with booze.
4) Or, a type of linen.

Ha! That was funny!!

Checkers
09-14-2009, 04:22 PM
:mickey:Another vote for ESPN Club. We are big Penn State fans and if the game is not nationally televised we can always request it be shown on one of the TVs (the one closest to us) at the ESPN Club. Never had a problem and it is a fun place!

NJGIRL
09-14-2009, 04:52 PM
I'm not sure but I think my sister watched a soccer game at the Big River Grill a couple of years ago.

cmillar
09-15-2009, 04:58 PM
Bummer is an understatement. I'm still absolutely sick about it.

garymacd
09-16-2009, 09:27 PM
I don't know about your darling hubby, but one of the guys on my crew has found the perfect place to watch the game: he's taking his sons to Notre Dame to see the game live and in person!

Better not tell your dh, though. He might be too very jealous!

goofygirl64
09-19-2009, 09:14 AM
I don't know about your darling hubby, but one of the guys on my crew has found the perfect place to watch the game: he's taking his sons to Notre Dame to see the game live and in person!

Better not tell your dh, though. He might be too very jealous!

Fortunately for us, we are lucky enough to get to go to one or two games a year. We know someone who has season tickets and is gracious enough to share. We will be attending the October 3 game vs Washington. Can't wait! (I am VERY nervous about todays game against Mich State) Go Irish!!!

garymacd
09-19-2009, 10:05 PM
Fortunately for us, we are lucky enough to get to go to one or two games a year. We know someone who has season tickets and is gracious enough to share. We will be attending the October 3 game vs Washington. Can't wait! (I am VERY nervous about todays game against Mich State) Go Irish!!!

Wait a minute! I think that's the game he is going to!

You'll have to find them and say hi. It can't be that tough to find three people there. Can it?

goofygirl64
09-20-2009, 09:19 PM
Wait a minute! I think that's the game he is going to!

You'll have to find them and say hi. It can't be that tough to find three people there. Can it?

Well..since the stadium holds 82,000 people and is always sold out, it probably would be pretty tough. :cheer: At least we know we'll be rooting for the same team. We're a little more nervouse now since Wash State beat USC. Should be an interesting game!

lockedoutlogic
09-20-2009, 10:19 PM
Newsflash:

Notre Dame isn't very good....details at 11
Skip the game and enjoy your VACATION!!!:thedolls:

Mitzie
09-21-2009, 08:52 AM
Hey ND fans are like Cubs fans we keep coming back! I live like 30 min. from ND and we attend many things. Actually will be working in one of the concession stands for a friends church youth group on the 17th. If you are at the USC game..go ND and yeah Disney.

goofygirl64
10-13-2009, 05:30 PM
Well, we have gone and returned from our vacation AND we did make it to the ESPN Club for the ND game, but just barely. We were staying at FQ and took the boat to DD, found out the bus depot there was closed, had to take another boat to PI, took a bus from there that stopped at Swan & Dolphin, Beach Club, then finally Boardwalk. Needless to say, it took almost 2 hours and me barely made it by half time. Moral of the story, next time we will take a cab!! Still had a great time, even tho ND lost that game, but I was at the Washington game, which they won! YEAH!!