PDA

View Full Version : New Fantasmic entry policy?

Richard Lauzon
09-11-2009, 08:42 PM
I just read this in my PassPorter Newsletter..

Fantasmic Dinner Package Changes. Beginning soon, guests who book the Fantasmic dinner package -- which includes dinner at a Hollywood Studios restaurant and reserved seating for Fantasmic -- will have a different process. Guests will report to the main entrance 30 minutes prior to show time and join a special queue to the right of the general admission queue. This will give package guests better access to the reserved seating area and eliminate the need to arrive 60-90 minutes prior to the show. This updates page 218 of PasPorter's Walt Disney World guidebook

Sounds like Disney is starting to listen..

Figment!
09-11-2009, 09:21 PM
Yes, a dedicated queue for Dinner Package Guest begining at the main entrance is scheduled to start in the next few weeks.

T-Belle
09-12-2009, 12:33 AM
Good to know-thanks!

DisneyFanaticDargon
09-12-2009, 08:38 PM
I think this package would be even more popular if they didn't give people seats that are in the furthest right-hand section of the amphitheater. IMO Mickey section should be the one reserved for the people who paid extra to get a reserved seat.

phillydan
09-12-2009, 09:28 PM
I think this package would be even more popular if they didn't give people seats that are in the furthest right-hand section of the amphitheater. IMO Mickey section should be the one reserved for the people who paid extra to get a reserved seat.

I agree - the "reserved" seats are terrible. Yes, you get the time savings, but the view is bad. You can see all of the backstage areas and you really miss alot of the action that takes place center stage. We will not book again unless the seats are closer to the middle.

BMan62
09-12-2009, 09:40 PM

I agree - the "reserved" seats are terrible. Yes, you get the time savings, but the view is bad. You can see all of the backstage areas and you really miss alot of the action that takes place center stage. We will not book again unless the seats are closer to the middle.

As much as I might agree with what you are saying, it would be a nightmare to implement. There would need to be three separate lines - stage left, stage right and 'preferred' front and center seating. With one entrance to the ampitheater, it is difficult enough to maintain stage right as 'preferred' while filling the rest of the venue with 'walk ups.'

sacandjac
09-13-2009, 10:51 AM
Great! I am so excited especially after our experience with this in January. TOTAL CHAOS! Maybe Disney does listen!

DizneyRox
09-14-2009, 09:23 PM
Maybe Disney does listen!
I suspect is has more to do with staffing than guest service. At least that's how things have been working lately.

brownie
09-15-2009, 07:11 AM
Although it was sort of interesting to walk through the backstage area, I think it's better to bring everyone in through the main entrance to Fantasmic!

Pally
09-15-2009, 11:18 AM

You don't pay extra. You are just eating at a reserved ADR beforehand which does not cost beyond your meal.

I was there recently and the first two sections on the right were reserved. I sat in the second section but have sat in the first section on previous trips and never thought I had a bad seat or missed any action. I never saw any backstage areas either :confused:

I was pleased with my experience. I have to say I don't agree with the above posts. "Terrible" seats, definitely not. :mickey: