PDA

View Full Version : What rides have you fallen asleep on?

LiloLovesTheKing26
09-11-2009, 04:51 PM
Let's face it, after several days of go go go I sometimes get sooo sleepy during rides! Even rides I LOVE! Last week I fell asleep during Carocel of Progress. Last year I fell asleep on Ellens Energy Adventure. Anyone else??? If so what ride/show was it??

PittFan
09-11-2009, 05:07 PM
I ALWAYS fall asleep on Ellen's Energy Adventure. :blush:

Tigerinvestigator
09-11-2009, 05:18 PM
Spaceship Earth (not because I am bored, but because it is so relaxing-especially the old version).:thumbsup:

It'sWDW4me
09-11-2009, 05:32 PM
I was bummed out when I fell asleep during the movie in American Adventure. Just....could not....keep....eyes.....open!

Phantod
09-11-2009, 05:33 PM
Do shows count? Little Mermaid.

magicofdisney
09-11-2009, 05:36 PM
I'll go ahead and admit I've nodded off on a couple of rides. That was not my intention goin in, but it happened on Ellen and Figment (although not on the same day).

robnadina
09-11-2009, 05:41 PM
I have fallen asleep on POTC at both WDW and DL. Also on Spaceship Earth.

LiloLovesTheKing26
09-11-2009, 05:45 PM
Glad to know it's not just me!! Like I said it's not that I don't like them or that i'm bored. They just can be soooo relaxing and combined with my sleepiness I just nod off a little!!

tinksmom02
09-11-2009, 05:55 PM
I fell asleep during the American Adventure. I'm sure it was great it was just soooo dull for me.

motherof4
09-11-2009, 06:04 PM
I have never fallen asleep on a ride or during a show but my dh has fallen asleep on almost every ride and show except for tower of terror ,aerosmith roller coaster and everest. he always falls alseep in american adventure and carousel of progress in fact the kids always point and laugh at him

mreinventtt
09-11-2009, 06:56 PM
Ellens Energy
American Pavillion movie
Hall of Presidents
Bear country jamboree

Ian
09-11-2009, 07:42 PM
Oh boy ... I've taken a sound snooze during a couple of attractions ... Most notably:

Carousel of Progress
American Adventure
Ellen's Energy Adventure (this one is part of INTERCOT legend, because both John and I were sleeping so soundly that we actually were snoring!)
:sleepin:

IamBelle
09-11-2009, 08:13 PM
I usually am "too excited to sleep" on any of the rides, but on the long, crowded bus ride, I tend to fall asleep...:cloud9:

SurferStitch
09-11-2009, 08:45 PM
I've fallen asleep several times on Spaceship Earth. I REALY need to be wide awake going into it to stay awake throughout the ride.

I also dozed off (heavy nodding) in Ellen's Energy Adventure once.

ILoveLegos
09-11-2009, 09:01 PM
Most of the time I'm commando in the parks for day trips from my home in FL, so we can't go to the resort to nap. For that reason my family "plans" mini sleep sessions in attractions that lend themselves to cat napping. Our favorites are:
Hall of Presidents
Carousel of Progress
Spaceship Earth
Ellen's Energy Adventure
France's Movie (a particular favorite of ours)
Sounds Dangerous
The conservation Station (indoor Benches)
Don't get me wrong, these are fine attractions, just being in Florida sun, heat & humidity all day gets to us. After the nap and thanks to air-conditioning, we're ready to go ride again!

Aggie97
09-11-2009, 09:10 PM
American Adventure for me! :blush:

A show at DLP called Animagique put our entire party to sleep. :mickey:

PoohRules
09-11-2009, 10:10 PM
How funny! I thought it was just me, but everytime I am on Ellen's Energy Adventure, I drift right off to sleep as soon as that car starts moving. I am not really bored (although it is not the most exciting ride), it is just the movement of that car seems to do it. So relaxing. :sleepin:

Disney4us2
09-11-2009, 10:26 PM
I have only dozed off on a few attractions on the first day of our visit (:plane:red eye from LAX).:sleepin:

Space Ship Earth before lunch. TTA, Carousel of Progress after dinner:mickey:

magicofdisney
09-11-2009, 10:51 PM
I have only dozed off on a few attractions on the first day of our visit (:plane:red eye from LAX).:sleepin:

Space Ship Earth before lunch. TTA, Carousel of Progress after dinner:mickey:

That is so funny, because on another thread I said that TTA, SSE and CoP are the 3 rides that are most special to me at Disney. :mickey:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
09-11-2009, 11:07 PM
I haven't actually fallen asleep but I've dozed on Ellen's Energy, Spaceship Earth and I'm sure there are more. Not at the start of the trip, but a few days into it, of go, go, go it starts to catch up with me.

phillydan
09-11-2009, 11:40 PM
Spaceship Earth (not because I am bored, but because it is so relaxing-especially the old version).:thumbsup:

Ditto - my entire family was out cold (me included) at one point on the old version of Spaceship Earth two trips ago. It was our last ride of the day and we were exhausted.

When we rode it last month, we all stayed awake and my wife even commented "Why haven't we done this ride before?" There was no recollection at all of the first ride in 2007.

DisneyFr33k
09-12-2009, 07:31 AM
I ALWAYS fall asleep on Ellen's Energy Adventure. :blush:

:ditto: I dozed off that trip during this ride. Nice and dark. Even during the loud part at the end, I was sleepy! :sleepin:

Jenemmy
09-12-2009, 08:19 AM
I am so wired when I am there that I barely sleep at night! But, I do have an unreal one to add to this thread. My DS has fallen asleep EVERY time he has been in Festival of the Lion King at AK. SERIOUSLY???? How do you fall asleep during that show -- there are tumble monkeys, for goodness sakes!

He does have autism, so maybe it almost sensory overload and he just decides to sleep it off -- hard to say, but it always floored us.

3Cabsfan
09-12-2009, 08:47 AM
Back when we still had If You Had Wings, that would put me out. I miss that one.

bruin1344
09-12-2009, 10:31 AM
never fallen asleep but nearly did on Universe of Energy

seanyred
09-12-2009, 11:00 AM
I've fallen asleep on Ellens' Energy Adventure and on small world....I was so hot and the air conditioning felt so good = Sleep

Disney4us2
09-12-2009, 11:47 AM
That is so funny, because on another thread I said that TTA, SSE and CoP are the 3 rides that are most special to me at Disney. :mickey:

Those are a few of my favorites too:) They were just too relaxing and even the NoDoze couldn't keep me from nodding off a bit.:D The rest of the trip I was wide awake.:mickey:

beksy
09-12-2009, 12:18 PM
I hated it but I fell asleep during the Nemo show at AK last trip (and it was our first time seeing it too!). I was really enjoying it too but after several days of going constantly it was too peaceful. That's the only time I've fallen asleep but Dad could sleep through any show. CoP, Hall of Presidents, Ellen, and all of the other shows in the dark have been places for him to nap. The funny thing is, his favorite attraction at DHS is the Little Mermaid and he has never stayed awake for an entire show...it's his favorite place to take a nap. :sleepin:

kathiep
09-12-2009, 04:24 PM
How about its a small world? It was late at night after a very long day. DH went to the bathroom so I went to take the kids on iasw one more time...and we got stuck. Unfortunately, the music didn't stop but somehow I was able to doze off despite the song. My kids loved it and didn't even notice I was asleep. It probably lasted about 10 minutes and when the boat jumped forward, it was enough to wake me up.

KronkHere
09-12-2009, 04:27 PM
American Adventure - America, the host country, has the lamest show and pavilion in the entire World Showcase. That is an area just begging for a rehab. (also - take the Journey Into The Imagination with it...)

:ack:

jillluvsdisney
09-12-2009, 06:43 PM
Ive never seen Finding Nemo at AK without nodding off.:secret:

LiloLovesTheKing26
09-12-2009, 07:49 PM
Awe .... If you had wings!! I still miss that one too! I think at one time it was called Delta Dream Flight????

ransam
09-12-2009, 08:20 PM
i am quite a bit older than my cousins....a couple years ago i took them all to disney, and wanted to go to the Tiki room so bad, and dragged t hem on it. they didn't want to go.. i had driven all night to get to disney, and i was exhausted..so once inside the air conditioned theatre, I was out like a lamb....they never let me forget how i dragged them in to it and then fell asleep.

kemps@wdw
09-12-2009, 10:28 PM
I can honestly say that in over the 30 or so yrs I've been going to the World, the only place I have :sleepin: is in my bed @ my resort!:mickey:

magicofdisney
09-13-2009, 04:45 PM
American Adventure - America, the host country, has the lamest show and pavilion in the entire World Showcase. That is an area just begging for a rehab. (also - take the Journey Into The Imagination with it...)

:ack:
I totally disagree. I feel a strong sense of patriotism coming out of that show. It may not be exciting, but it's rich with history.

Hair_Razor
09-13-2009, 05:08 PM
I hate to say it since it's one of my favorites and we usually hit it at least three times during our day at Epcot, but the last time we were there I totally dozed in Spaceship Earth.

And to remark on above post, I completely agree. The last time I did the American Experience ride I teared up a little. It's not really exciting but it is a proud, strong portrayal of our country. I'm not one to get real pride mushy about our country but there's something about that show that gets me. :number1:

Soccermom12
09-13-2009, 05:48 PM
I almost fell asleep on IASW....but my DD(2.5) kept trying to climb out of the boat. If I was by myself I definitely would have.

crazypoohbear
09-13-2009, 08:52 PM
I fall asleep on Ellen (have ever since I was pregnant and got to lay down in one of the last rows all by my self :cloud9:)
Also, the TTA, Carosel of Progress, SSE, Country bears,
I get so hot and tired that when I get into a dark cool place I just want to curl up and sleep.

DisneyAggies
09-13-2009, 08:58 PM
American Adventure, Ellen's Energy Adventure, Hall of Presidents and Spaceship Earth...so much so on Spaceship Earth that we now fondly call it "The Nappy Ride."

mouseketeer mom
09-13-2009, 09:05 PM
I can't believe all of you are falling asleep...:confused:

Mousemates
09-13-2009, 09:30 PM
Ellens...Spaceship earth...hall of presidents....sounds dangerous...tta.

Lakin
09-13-2009, 10:26 PM
My mom insisted on going on Hall of Presidents in the morning while we were still tired, so I fell asleep in the beginning of that. I woke up when the presidents came, though.

FirsttimeJan.07
09-14-2009, 02:13 PM
I can't believe no one has mentioned this yet...I can't be the only one! My sister and I took a NICE nap on the WDW Railroad!! We must have circled the park at least 5 or 6 times! :blush:

DizNee143
09-14-2009, 02:42 PM
when i was younger and before it was ellens engery adventure..i fell asleep on that..sleep through the whole thing..and of course american adventure..ive slept through that a number of times..
those are the only two i really remember..
i know i passed out at a restuarant in tomorrowland when i was about 5..:mickey:

joonyer
09-14-2009, 02:54 PM
On the Bus RIDE back to our Hotel. ;)

darthmacho
09-14-2009, 03:28 PM
I've never fallen asleep during a ride, but I do recall being extremely comfortable on Haunted Mansion when the Dune Buggy did its inclined-backwards descent as you enter the graveyard scene. I'm already looking forward to it. :cloud9:

brad192
09-14-2009, 04:56 PM
Just once, on Ellen's Energy. It was about 90 that day, and I just finished a big lunch at the Cantina. Got into the seat & my eyes just shut of their own accord. Woke up for the dinosaurs, but nodded off again for the end.:blush:

Imagineer1981
09-15-2009, 11:23 AM
Hall of Presidents gets me everytime, so dark, so cold :)

princessrelly
09-15-2009, 03:39 PM
The first time DH and I went to WDW together, we were 20 & 21. It was really, really hot the week we went. Our flight was the latest one we could get to go home, and we were exhausted that last day! It was about 95 degrees, and we had hardly any spending money left-because we spent so much more than planned on beverages all week. We were taking turns being the person who got to nap on Spaceship Earth. It was not due to anything other than the fact that we were tired, and hot, and didn't have much money left for drinks.....and Spaceship Earth was dark, cool and quiet.

dream_disney
09-15-2009, 03:50 PM
I came pretty close to falling asleep on Spaceship Earth. It's really cool how it takes your picture and it's interesting... but quite long.

Engine1822
09-15-2009, 03:57 PM
Any ride its cool, I sit down, and the lights go down!!!

RAIDER
09-16-2009, 07:53 AM
Carousel Of Progress is always a great place to take a nap :D

Daisy'sMom
09-16-2009, 08:50 AM
I have a few times in American Adventure and always feel bad when I do. I also have in France, and once in POC.:mickey:

coneygoil
09-16-2009, 09:37 AM
I can't imagine falling asleep at any of the parks! I'm just too excited to even doze. I have seen a man asleep on a bench at Epcot. My friend took a picture of him :D It's always funny seeing kiddies asleep on the bus. Their poor little heads bob up and down from the bus ride.

snowflakegirl
09-16-2009, 09:42 AM
Not through boredom, but I have been known to doze on Ellen's Energy Adventure, The Hall of Presidents, Carousel of Progress and once during the Great Movie Ride. All of which are things that I enjoy. It's a combination of exhaustion from being go, go, go for days coupled with the cool dimness after being outside in the heat and sun.

jcvalenti
09-16-2009, 09:58 AM
My propensity to nap is a direct function of (a) heat outside (b) air conditioning inside (c) length of attraction/ride and (d) alcohol consumption.

That being said, my undeniable "doze off" favorites are (in order of likelihood that I drift off):

1. Ellen's Energy Adventure
2. Spaceship Earth
3. Tomorrowland Transit Authority
4. Carousel of Progress
5. Living with the Land (a real underrated nap ride ... that boat is so relaxing)

prttynpnk
09-16-2009, 10:57 AM
We had to stop doing Spaceship Earth last- after my little Jeremy Irons infused nap I was awfully cranky walking back to the bus in the evening.

vws_and_disney
09-17-2009, 10:53 AM
A really rainy day at MK DW and I fell asleep on the WDW railroad. The rain was coming down so hard we were running from awning to awning in Frontierland trying to stay a little dry. We finally made it to the railroad and i needed a nap lol. :blush:

Kentucky Cat
09-17-2009, 11:45 AM
Ihave fallen asleep on the TTA. It is one of most relaxing rides at MK. Some think it's boring but it is a nice way to relax without sitting on a bench. If it's not crowded as the CM to stay on for a second ride.

Granny Jill A
09-17-2009, 02:42 PM
The old Universe of Energy ride put me right out. We were in the last row and the temptation to stretch out was almost too much.

Disney would make a fortune renting reclining chairs by the hour.

jnfr2424
09-17-2009, 02:48 PM
Universe of Energy is a great one to sleep in
and so is American Adventure but I always wake up in time to hear "Golden Dream"

johnO
09-17-2009, 03:34 PM
Ellen and American Adventure

mustBgoofy
09-19-2009, 11:07 AM
It's been a long time since I have been to Disneyworld, but when I was younger I always took my nap at the Hall of Presidents. :-)

Phantasia
09-19-2009, 03:17 PM
Interesting thread!

Neither I nor my BF have ever fallen asleep on a Disney attraction. (Well, not since I've been over 12, at least. ;) )

There are definitely times when being in the cool and dark is a welcome change from the hot glare of the Florida sun!

Dickson Thunder
09-19-2009, 07:36 PM
American Adventure. We had driven during the night and decided to visit Epcot for a few hours after our arrival and I just had to crash.

mickkey
09-20-2009, 03:45 PM
Well...Ummm...not because they are boring ...just cause I can not keep my eyes open...
Space ship earth
CP
TTA
Finding Nemo Show
Ellen's
Could fall asleep in LMA (DHS)
...does the bus ride back to the hotel count??
:blush:

PrincessAriel514
09-20-2009, 05:03 PM
I think I fell asleep on the Tea Cups But I don t get it how do you fall asleep on the tea cups. :mickey:

MrPeetrie
09-20-2009, 10:39 PM
I actually fell asleep in the Hall of Presidents.

Belster
09-20-2009, 11:48 PM
The land...even if I am not tired!

glenpreece
09-21-2009, 10:23 AM
The hall of presidents those chairs are soo comfy!!! And being from Canada I dind't really want to do it anyways it was my brothers idea.

CosmicRay
09-21-2009, 02:37 PM
Last time we went, I fell asleep in the Hall of Presidents. In my defense, I was 4 mos pregnant :mickey:

CaptainSad
09-21-2009, 09:22 PM
Sounds Dangerous.. Enough said...

cmshelton1979
09-21-2009, 10:21 PM
I have nodded off two times. The Nemo show and Living with the Land

brownie
09-22-2009, 10:07 AM
Never! There's too much to do and too little time to do it.

disneyworld55925592
09-22-2009, 10:59 AM
american adventure, i couldnt keep my eyes open, or concentrate, i dont remember a thing. Also spaceship earth is quite relaxing I sometimes come close to dozing off on that ride!

Giselle
09-22-2009, 12:46 PM
Funny! I have never fallen asleep on a ride, but boy, do I fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow at night (usually after all the parks close and showers).

Magic Smiles
09-24-2009, 06:42 AM
I fell asleep during the American Adventure. I'm sure it was great it was just soooo dull for me.

Ditto, this is the only time that I have fallen asleep on any ride / show. It was so boring.

mrsgaribaldi
09-24-2009, 07:28 AM
There have been alot. Ellen's Energy Adventure, Carousel of Progress, Mickey's Philharmagic, Muppet Vision 3d, American Adventure, Hall of Presidents, TTA, Honey I Shrunk the Audience. I could sleep pretty much anywhere. :blush:

LudwigVonDrake
09-27-2009, 12:54 PM
Spaceship Earth makes me sleepy and I fell asleep in The American Adventure :sleepin: My snoring woke me up :laughing:

Joannelet
09-27-2009, 01:09 PM
Ellen's Energy Adventure....for sure!