PDA

View Full Version : Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (May 20, 2011)

Melanie
09-11-2009, 04:30 PM
Depp back for new 'Pirates' film coming in 2011

ANAHEIM, Calif. (AP) – Avast! Disney says a new "Pirates of the Caribbean" film is on yonder horizon.

Johnny Depp sailed onstage Thursday on a pirate ship in Anaheim, Calif., to help announce the forthcoming installment of Disney's blockbuster film franchise.

Depp will reprise his role as Capt. Jack Sparrow in "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides," slated for summer of 2011. It's the fourth in a series.

Chairman of Walt Disney Studios Richard Cook announced the news to about 5,000 fans on hand for D23, Disney's answer to Comic-Con. The first all-things-Disney convention runs through the weekend.

mouseketeer mom
09-11-2009, 04:40 PM
Bring it on!
I just told my 15 year old and she screamed with joy that her beloved Johnny Depp will be back!

Dsnygirl
09-11-2009, 05:01 PM
:party2: :joy: :clappy: :yay: :woohoo: :party2:

Need I say more?? That is the best news I've heard all day!! :D

Melanie
09-11-2009, 05:04 PM
Title:

Pirates 4: On Stranger Tides

lockedoutlogic
09-11-2009, 07:56 PM
Arrrghhh, Mateys!!! Me hopes that thar be a decent script on the high seas this time!!!

unlike the last two:thedolls:

FriendsofMickey
09-11-2009, 08:40 PM
Arrrghhh, Mateys!!! Me hopes that thar be a decent script on the high seas this time!!!

unlike the last two:thedolls:

That makes two of us!

mickeys_princess_mom
09-11-2009, 10:09 PM
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:cloud9:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
09-12-2009, 12:10 AM
I have to wait that long??!!

Kenny1113
09-12-2009, 10:00 AM
I don't mind the lack of plot...Johnny Depp is the only man who can look good as a dirty pirate! :pirate:

DisneyFreak23
09-12-2009, 10:16 AM
Yayyy!!!!:d

Disneypixie513
09-12-2009, 10:27 AM
I have mixed feelings about a fourth movie. I loved the first and second, but was left disappointed with the third. I really hope the plot's good for the fourth.. But Captain Jack Sparrow will be rad as ever. No matter what the plot. :thumbsup:

seanyred
09-12-2009, 10:45 AM
I remember recently seeing or reading (I forget) with the produce...in the interview he stated that the fourth movie was going to more character/plot driven instead of bigger special effects/fight scenes......I sure hope so the first movie was more character driven and that's why its the best...IMAO

Melanie
09-12-2009, 10:55 AM
I think they have an opportunity with this fourth one to not make the plot so complicated, if you know what I mean. It just got so jumbled in the 2nd and 3rd. I'd like to see them get back to basics and create a fun, summer popcorn movie (like the 1st one!).

SBETigg
09-12-2009, 11:54 AM
From what I understand, this one focuses more on Jack Sparrow, no Will Turner-Elizabeth Swann. I think it should be a lot of fun. Looking forward to it.

DizneyFreak2002
09-12-2009, 12:01 PM
Personally, I like the title... And glad it focuses more on Jack Sparrow... Will Turner was the most annoying character in the first three movies, and Elizabeth Swann, well, I grew tired of her too..

Mufasa
09-12-2009, 12:13 PM
As for the title choice, there was a novel by Tim Powers called On Stranger Tides which features a character- Jack Shandy which made me wonder if that will just be adapted with Jack Sparrow taking that character's place.

RedSoxFan
09-12-2009, 03:04 PM
I'm excited.:)

EPCOT84
09-12-2009, 06:43 PM
:pirate::clappy::pirate:
Yeh !

SBETigg
09-12-2009, 06:49 PM
As for the title choice, there was a novel by Tim Powers called On Stranger Tides which features a character- Jack Shandy which made me wonder if that will just be adapted with Jack Sparrow taking that character's place.

It seems this could be likely. I looked it up after you mentioned it. It was a pirate book in 1988 that got a starred review from PW, with a plot that could easily mesh with a Jack Sparrow backstory. I found an article with someone who spoke to Tim Powers's literary agent, who wouldn't confirm or deny but added the title was no coincidence. Good call, Mufasa.

ibrowse17
09-12-2009, 09:05 PM
We will be looking foward to it, thanks:thumbsup:

IamBelle
09-13-2009, 02:29 PM
OOH!! Can't wait!! Maybe the 4th film will be Jack looking for buried treasure, which, I recall he was heading for in a rowboat at the end of the third.

pink
09-13-2009, 03:08 PM
Eh, I have mixed feelings about this. Didn't Johnny Depp get an insane amount of money to do this new movie?

I feel like they should quit while they were ahead. I've never been much of a fan of these movies but I do love the ride.:mickey:

Imagineer1981
09-14-2009, 11:40 AM
I think this is very exciting news. Hopefully it will just be Jack and Barbossa

barnaby
09-14-2009, 12:32 PM

"On Stranger Tides" book review:

Publishers Weekly Review
Starred Review. World Fantasy Award winner Powers (Three Days to Never) demonstrates a precise control of complex narratives in this reprint of his rollicking and enchanting 1987 novel. Puppeteer John Chandagnac, bound for Jamaica to recover stolen money from his uncle, becomes Jack Shandy after pirates attack his ship and force him to join their crew. Shandy's struggle to accept his new life grounds the story for readers, even as Blackbeard and vodun magicians whisk everyone away to dreamlike lands where the Fountain of Youth itself awaits. The chaotic sea battles sing, though at times key events happen so quickly that they get lost in the shuffle as Jack tries to comprehend where he's going and what's at stake. This dark fantasy tale will appeal not just to pirate fans but also to anyone who appreciates Powers's talent for blending the most unlikely elements into a brilliantly cohesive whole. (Apr.) Copyright © Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved. From: Reed Elsevier Inc. Copyright Reed Business Information

Goofster
09-14-2009, 01:03 PM
Sounds great! Ever since the release of the 3rd one, its been made clear that the story line for the Swan/Turner characters was complete and would not be part of the 4th installment. I think the 3rd movie wraps up their story quite well. I believe the actress who played Turner said she would not do a 4th even if asked to.

Lizzy
09-16-2009, 01:13 PM
If you watched the 3rd movie all the way to the end of the credits they showed that Elizabeth and Will had a son. That story is complete, but I wonder if they try to work the kid into the story.

After reading the book review, how would they fit Jack Sparrow into the story unless they are making this sort of a pre-quel. It says that character is forced to become a pirate. Jack is already a pirate. Unless it will be a loosly adapted story with just some of the misadventures from the book.

I am so excited though, I love pirates! I know that I am the minority here when I say I will miss Will and Elizabeth. My favorite scene is from the 3rd movie where Elizabeth has been made pirate king, and trades jack for Will. He says you can't do that and she just says "King" Just like in the first movie when she said you can't do that to Jack and he simply said "Pirate"

Funny stuff

brewcrew26
09-26-2009, 07:15 PM
DH was telling me the other day Johnny Depp is now on the fence (he did an interview for either the LA Times or NY Times...can't remember) for coming back for the 4th POTC since Disney's Studio chief just resigned. He says the script needs to be really good for him to come back.

I guess he's not happy with Disney's decision to axe this one exec because he was one of the few guys who supported Depp's portrayal of Jack Sparrow from the beginning. I wonder if it will change anything with his relationship on the Lone Ranger project, as well.

SBETigg
09-26-2009, 07:21 PM
Lizzy, I've heard before that the movie is supposed to be a prequel, thus no Turners. But now I've also heard that Johnny Depp may be on the fence, so we'll see what happens. I don't think they have a movie without Johnny Depp.

barnaby
09-26-2009, 09:10 PM
I'm reading the book now. It almost seems like they plucked some basic ideas from the book already and used them in previous movies - there is mentions of a zombie pirate crew that only shows its true form at midnight, voodoo priests and priestess, and Blackbeard in the book is somewhat Davey Jones-like.

PirateLover
03-21-2010, 01:15 PM
I just read that Ian McShane will be playing Blackbeard, and Penepolpe Cruz will be playing his daughter, who will have some romantic interludes with Jack Sparrow.

I also read that Geoffrey Rush as Barbossa is definitely in,and Orlando Bloom and Kiera Knightly are out.

I for one am excited. I really liked the first 2 PoTC movies, but was unsatisfied with the 3rd. Hopefully this makes up for it!

lettripp
07-25-2010, 10:26 PM
There was a teaser trailer released at comi-con with Johnny Depp "hinting" at a possible voyage. Look for it now, before it is pulled off the web. Rumor has it that it wasn't supposed to be posted yet. I am SUPER PSYCHED!

dangerman
07-26-2010, 04:59 AM
I read in the Sun newspaper (I think about three weeks ago) that there are potentially another 3 movies in this franchise, making 6 in total.

I also read that Jack Sparrow will meet further family members through his adventure in the next movie, more specifically his brother played by Russell Brand (Get him to the Greek is his latest film); I'm hoping this isn't true!!

I wish they left the film to finish at no: 3 however like HSM they will get every last penny they can out of the franchise.

DM

PS On a side note I also remember rumours of Tim Burton involved in the new Pirates. I wonder if that will come true?

IamBelle
07-26-2010, 09:56 AM
I also read that Jack Sparrow will meet further family members through his adventure in the next movie, more specifically his brother played by Russell Brand (Get him to the Greek is his latest film); I'm hoping this isn't true!!

PS On a side note I also remember rumours of Tim Burton involved in the new Pirates. I wonder if that will come true?

I hope this is true too! I can definitely see Russell Brand as his brother and Depp and Burton have collaborated in many successful movies, so if it is true, it most likely will be a fantastic movie!!

Melanie
07-26-2010, 10:58 AM
No Tim Burton PLEASE!!!!!!!

PirateLover
07-26-2010, 12:12 PM
Though I tend to like Burton, I really can't see them bringing him into the PoTC series. His aesthetic doesn't fit the already established world that's been created. I read something that actually lends itself away from Burton. They are trying to cut back on budget, meaning less special effects, elaborate scenery etc. I saw the video of the teaser, it was cool!

SBETigg
07-26-2010, 12:15 PM
I hope this is true too! I can definitely see Russell Brand as his brother and Depp and Burton have collaborated in many successful movies, so if it is true, it most likely will be a fantastic movie!!

Previous poster hoped it wasn't true, and I agree. I think Russell Brand is not suited for this and it would bring the whole performance down quite a few notches for me, cheapen it. I do not want to see that happen. And I love some of Johnny's collaborations with Tim Burton and most of Tim's work, but I just don't think the Pirates franchise is the place for him. So, I hope not. I want it to be a fantastic movie, not a spectacle.

PirateLover
07-28-2010, 03:33 PM
Russel Brand's whole image is like a poor man's Jack Sparrow. I liked him in Forgetting Sarah Marshall, but I did not see Get Him to the Greek. I think at this point, putting him in would be too much stunt casting. We already had Keith Richards as Sparrow's dad... does he really need a goofy brother too? I see this more as a Saturday Night Live or MTV Movie Awards skit than part of an actual movie.

Melanie
11-15-2010, 04:00 PM
New teaser poster:

Melanie
12-01-2010, 05:13 PM
CAPTAIN JACK IS BACK!

GLOBAL TRAILER DEBUT FOR “PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: ON STRANGER TIDES” KICKS OFF ON DECEMBER 13TH, 2010 AT AN EXCLUSIVE “PIRATES FANS FIRST!” EVENT AT AMC DOWNTOWN DISNEY 12 THEATRE AND DISNEYLAND RESORT

Winners will receive 1-Day Disneyland Resort Park Hopper tickets and will gain entrance to Pirates of the Caribbean before Disneyland Park opens; following the event, trailer to launch on Yahoo! Movies, Disney.com and Entertainment Tonight and with key media partners worldwide

ANAHEIM, CA (December 1st, 2010) — Fans will be the first to get an exclusive look at the brand-new trailer for Walt Disney Pictures “Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides” in 3D on December 13, 2010, at AMC Downtown Disney Theatre 12 in Anaheim, California, as part of an exclusive “Pirates Fans First!” event. “Fans First!” winners will also have the chance on that day to be the first to experience the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction that started it all. Fans can enter to win a vacation for four to the event by “Liking” Yahoo! Movies on Facebook (www.facebook.com/YahooMovies) or entering the sweepstakes via Disney Movie Rewards (www.DisneyMovieRewards.com). Fans can also gain access to this exclusive event by listening to 102.7 KIIS-FM starting December 6th.

In addition to being the first to see the new trailer for “Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides,” and ride on the Pirates of the Caribbean theme park attraction, the lucky fans will be treated to a special Pirate after party, plus special commemorative gifts—but not until all of them have sworn to the “Pirate’s Oath” in a ceremony on the bow of the Columbia sailing ship. For added fun, fans who come to the event in pirate costume will have additional opportunities to win special prizing.

Following the “Pirates Fans First!” event, the trailer will premiere on Yahoo! Movies, Disney.com, and other premium online destinations around the world at 1 p.m. PST. Later the same day at 7 p.m. EST the domestic broadcast debut will occur on “Entertainment Tonight” as part of their December Event for “Pirates.”

“Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides” captures the fun, adventure and humor that ignited the hit franchise—this time in Disney Digital 3D™. Johnny Depp returns to his iconic role of Captain Jack Sparrow in an action-packed tale of truth, betrayal, youth and demise. When Jack crosses paths with a woman from his past (Penelope Cruz), he’s not sure if it’s love—or if she’s a ruthless con artist who’s using him to find the fabled Fountain of Youth. When she forces him aboard the Queen Anne’s Revenge, the ship of the formidable pirate Blackbeard (Ian McShane), Jack finds himself on an unexpected adventure in which he doesn’t know who to fear more: Blackbeard or the woman from his past.

The international cast includes franchise vets Geoffrey Rush as the vengeful Captain Hector Barbossa, and Kevin R. McNally as Captain Jack’s longtime comrade Joshamee Gibbs, plus Sam Claflin as a stalwart missionary and Astrid Berges-Frisbey as a mysterious mermaid.

“Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides” is written by “Pirates” veterans Ted Elliott & Terry Rossio. The executive producers are Mike Stenson, Chad Oman, Barry Waldman, Ted Elliott, Terry Rossio and John DeLuca.

“Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides” sails into theatres around the world in May 2011. Official website: Disney.com/Pirates. “Like” Pirates on Facebook: www.facebook.com/PiratesoftheCaribbean.

IloveJack
12-03-2010, 11:16 AM
Fans can enter to win a vacation for four to the event by “Liking” Yahoo! Movies on Facebook (www.facebook.com/YahooMovies) or entering the sweepstakes via Disney Movie Rewards (www.DisneyMovieRewards.com). Fans can also gain access to this exclusive event by listening to 102.7 KIIS-FM starting December 6th.

I went to DMR and can't find the sweepstakes. Has it already begun?

WDWfanatic742
12-13-2010, 09:06 PM
So trailer is out, what do you guys think?

I'm not really sure of the movie yet, just seems a little weird going off of the teaser. Can't put my finger on it...

Disneypixie513
12-13-2010, 11:38 PM
My first reaction when they annouced that they were making a fourth movie was not a good one. I was super crazy about AWE, so I was nervous. But as more information was released, I became more accepting of the idea. I loved the trailer. I actually can't wait to see it. I just hope it's not a disappointment like AWE was for me. :confused:

seanyred
12-14-2010, 07:39 AM
I think the trailer/movie looks really good. It looks like it's more story focused like Black Pearl. Unlike the last two which more mostly special effectsand lacked a good story.

diz_girl
12-14-2010, 08:00 PM
I agree that the trailer looks good. I had heard about the sequel, and I wasn't exactly up for the idea. But after seeing the trailer, I'm definitely excited about it. Maybe it was the music that got to me, since the POTC theme is probably the best movie theme to come along in the past decade. While Johnny Depp and Geoffrey Rush are both great, I got really excited when I saw Ian McShane. I've been a fan of his since his 'Lovejoy' days. I'd also like to see how good of a role they gave Penelope Cruz. She's great, but she she generally gets better roles in her native language rather than in English.

BellesRose
12-19-2010, 02:17 PM
At World's End was on TV last night, and I couldn't believe I sat through that a few times in theaters. I liked it when it came out, but looking back, it was just stupid, in my opinion. I really hope this one is better.

Ed
02-02-2011, 08:03 PM
Just spotted this on Facebook (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrkDaO3Kwi0&hd=1); looks like the true trailer will be released during the Super Bowl.

Cinderelley
02-06-2011, 09:48 PM
Saw the Super Bowl commercial. I stopped in the middle of work and watched it. :secret: I am excited about it now. :D

KylesMom
05-10-2011, 10:07 AM
Just refreshing this post - I'm sure many received an e-mail with links to the website, which is full of trailers, stills, etetera. NOW I'm getting excited!

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (http://disney.go.com/pirates/)

Dsnygirl
05-11-2011, 03:37 AM
Just refreshing this post - I'm sure many received an e-mail with links to the website, which is full of trailers, stills, etetera. NOW I'm getting excited!

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (http://disney.go.com/pirates/)

Me, too!! :pirate: :cloud9:

Dragongirlx
05-11-2011, 11:25 AM
While I am really looking forward to the movie I am way more excited about Lego Pirates of the Carribean for the Wii - released in the UK on Friday.

Sad but True

seanyred
05-20-2011, 10:52 AM
Anyone see it yet? I won't be able to seeit until Sunday. So far it seems critics don't like it, but I wonder what fans think...

Tinkerfreak
05-20-2011, 01:54 PM
I am also waiting for some feedback from anyone who has seen it.

lettripp
05-20-2011, 02:42 PM
We were going to see it tonight but changed our plans to Sunday... can't wait to hear what everyone has to say about it :-)

Kathy Jetson
05-20-2011, 11:21 PM
I'm going on Saturday can't wait :mickey:

Melanie
05-21-2011, 11:02 AM
Haven't seen it yet, but I am seeing the reminders out there to stay until the end of the credits, like with the previous three. :pirate:

Dixie Springs
05-21-2011, 08:58 PM
Saw it last night. As a Disney fan, speaking to Disney fans, I didn't care for it as much as I thought I would. Something was missing (beyond Orlando & Kiera). I found it action-packed and tedious at the same time (as much of a paradox as that sounds). Please don't flame me - I will defend it when discussing with non-Disney fans ;)

Melanie
05-21-2011, 09:00 PM
I wouldn't flame you, because if you don't care as much for it, that's how you feel.

I had read from some other Disney fans that they thought the cleverness from the first film was back. Did you find that to be the case?

Dsnygirl
05-21-2011, 09:10 PM
Haven't seen it yet, but I am seeing the reminders out there to stay until the end of the credits, like with the previous three. :pirate:

We're going next wknd -- thanks for the tip!! Can't wait!! :pirate:

Dixie Springs
05-21-2011, 09:25 PM
Melanie - I did find that it was a bit easier to 'follow' than 3 (more energy for enjoying the shennanigans, than trying to figure out what is going on!). Jack was good in it - no loss there.

Melanie
05-21-2011, 09:33 PM
Melanie - I did find that it was a bit easier to 'follow' than 3 (more energy for enjoying the shennanigans, than trying to figure out what is going on!). Jack was good in it - no loss there.

Still sounds like a good, mindless summer flick. ;)

Cinderelley
05-21-2011, 11:59 PM
I thought it was ok. I liked 1 better. This one seemed pretty predictable whereas 1 kept you wondering what was going to happen, who was on whose side, etc.

DisneyAddict62
05-22-2011, 01:25 AM
Just got back from PoTC 4. It was enjoyable, just not quite the same without Will and Elizabeth. Lots of sword fighting. I'll take Capt. Jack anyway I can get him! Gotta love him! :pirate: :woohoo:

erickahome
05-22-2011, 09:08 AM
Just saw POTC 4 last night. Really liked it. Found it refreshing without Turner and Swann. Great plot with a lot of interwoven stories. Still a lot of great action and special effects.

Make sure you sit through all of the credits - there's more story at the end!

Altair
05-22-2011, 01:27 PM
Sorry, they just can't catch lightning in a bottle again. The first movie was so simple and had a special charm, the other all try too hard, but fail to come close.:(

PirateLover
05-22-2011, 01:46 PM
Saw it last night. Unlike most people, Dead Man's Chest is my favorite entry in the PoTC series. However, the 3rd really did fall short for me in retrospect. So much so, that I pretty much avoided reading anything about this one. Aside from the original write up and the trailers, I went into this knowing nothing. I came out pretty happy! I for one did not miss Will and Elizabeth. I thought it was a funny, action packed summer movie. The only criticism I have is that the new characters and their back stories weren't really developed. Also I missed Cotton...although I'm pretty sure I saw his parrot flying around in that bottle...

seanyred
05-23-2011, 07:23 AM
Saw it on Sunday night. I must say that the movie was more enjoyable than how critics say it was. But it wasn't perfect either. The role I had the most problem with was Penelope Cruz, she just didn't fit. I'd give this movie B+

kakn7294
05-23-2011, 08:27 AM
We saw it yesterday and liked it very much although I do think the first was the best. I liked Elizabeth better than Angelica but with 3 movies, there was much more time to develop Elizabeth's character. They allude to the fact that Jack and Angelica have a past but they really left her character very flat - not much mention of a mother and where she's from and what she's about other than her pursuit of the fountain. I also missed that tension that was present in the other movies because Elizabeth found Jack attractive while being in love with Will. I also think they are too long but maybe that's just me. Any movie over 2 hrs has exceeded my limit of sitting comfortably to watch it.

PirateLover
05-23-2011, 10:56 AM
They allude to the fact that Jack and Angelica have a past but they really left her character very flat - not much mention of a mother and where she's from and what she's about other than her pursuit of the fountain.
Yes! This was what I referring to when I said I wish we had more back story. We know she's Blackbeard's "long lost" daughter and he refers to her mother being feisty or hot tempered just like her, but that's about it.These were the exact things I pointed out to my husband on our ride home.

Ms. Mode
05-23-2011, 11:43 AM
DD and I went Saturday, we both really liked it. We went in with the understanding that the Will and Elizabeth story line was finished. I think Serena and Philip will be the next good vs. evil story to watch for. Anyway, it was enjoyable, so now we have to go back this weekend with DH. :)

PS. I liked all of the first three, they go together to tell the whole story. The first movie was the best because it was going to be a stand alone movie. I'm glad it wasn't. :thumbsup:

bleukarma
05-23-2011, 07:46 PM
I saw it yesterday and enjoyed it. I agree that 1 is better but this one was good. Better then the last two. I would recommend it. :thumbsup:

IamBelle
05-24-2011, 10:31 AM
I saw it Friday and LOVED it!! The 1st will always be my favorite, but this one was a close second. I did not miss Will and Elizabeth one bit...
I also liked how I could actually follow the plot, unlike the third movie, which I found very confusing... Definitely going to see it again!!

Kenny1113
05-24-2011, 02:57 PM
I liked it as well. :) not as much as the 1st one, but I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would. I guess they figured they had to redeem themselves after #3.

Dulcee
05-24-2011, 03:58 PM
My Fiance and I saw it on Friday night and I was pretty pleased. It wasn't as good as the first 3 but it was easier to follow then the 3rd. I'm also pretty intrigued by the phillip/serena story, hope they follow up on that in the next.

barnaby
05-27-2011, 12:06 PM
Saw it last Saturday nite... Ehhh
I thought the story was a little rushed but at the same time the movie was slow in parts, if that makes any sense.

McLiberal8
05-27-2011, 01:24 PM
I might be in the minority, but I thought it was awful.
2 hours of swordfighting and one liners, with 30 seconds of plot stuck in.
I guess as long as they keep bringing in the $, they will keep coming :(

Melanie
05-29-2011, 04:48 PM
Just saw it this afternoon and really enjoyed it. Best since the 1st one, in my book. Loved the cameo (won't give it away here) while they were in London at the start of the film.

Man, those were some scary mermaids. lol

SBETigg
05-29-2011, 06:51 PM
Just saw it this afternoon and really enjoyed it. Best since the 1st one, in my book. Loved the cameo (won't give it away here) while they were in London at the start of the film.

Man, those were some scary mermaids. lol

I had the same reaction. Just saw it and felt the same way-- my favorite since the first one (which was the best, but this was second for me). My family did not love it as much as I did. It was as if we all saw a different film. I was really glad we saw it, though. I thought it was great fun.

Altair
05-30-2011, 08:45 PM
Did the Blackbeard in the this movie scare anyone?
It took 5 gunshot wounds, 20 sword cuts and a beheading in one fight to kill the real Blackbeard. Now that's scary.:pirate: :eek:

Arielfan98
06-12-2011, 04:31 PM
No Orlando Bloom or Keira Knightly means I'm not seeing it.

Mickey'sGirl
06-12-2011, 06:52 PM
We saw it today and we all really enjoyed it (though I would have liked more time out at sea). I still love Barbosa, and we think Anjelica was a great addition. The "London" cameo was great fun!

KylesMom
06-24-2011, 09:49 AM
Saw the last showing before it left the theater late last night - both DS and I agreed that it is #2, behind the first one but better than 2 & 3. Definitely a repeat watch - since it was so late I'm sure we missed a bunch of things, but there were several great Disney World reminders we found! :mickey:

i'm grumpy
07-27-2011, 10:18 PM
I hate the dvd is so far off. It left our lone theatre several weeks ago.