PDA

View Full Version : Hilton Head in June

btown
09-11-2009, 01:47 PM
Ok, I have lots of questions about Hilton Head, never been and thinking about late June 2010.......

Is there a lot to do at the resort? I understand the beach is a mile away...We are from NJ and I rather fly.. but is it better to drive so you have your own beach chairs and bikes? Is a week too long there? Ocean water warm at all in June? I'm a single mom w/ 2 kids, 10 & 8.... I want to be able to relax but not spend a fortune either going out for meals. I would get a 1 bedroom so we can have some meals in. So basically, fill me in on EVERYTHING :)

Georgesgirl1
09-13-2009, 01:34 PM
We have never stayed at the DVC resort at Hilton Head but we have been to Hilton Head many many times and love it! You can ride your bikes on the beaches which is nice. There are many areas to walk, ride bikes, eat and shop around the island. To me HHI is more relaxing than many other beaches like Myrtle Beach and Panama City. This year the water was really nice when we went the last week in June. For our family, bikes are also a must.

On our last trip to HHI, we did visit the DVC resort b/c we are considering a trip there next year. We thought it was nice. We went to the campfire sing-along which was fun. It seemed to be a laid back place to stay.