PDA

View Full Version : MK Pirates of the Caribbean FP?

liz12303
09-11-2009, 01:15 PM
Does Pirates have a FP?
And what ride do you recommend getting the first FP for in MK?
Thank yoU!!!!

Mickey'sGirl
09-11-2009, 01:28 PM
No fast pass, and it is not likely that you would need one. The lines always move well, and wait times are generally short.

My only recommendation is that if both sides of the queue are open when you get there, stay to the right. Everyone else ALWAYS clogs the left hand one! :thumbsup:

GrandFlo
09-11-2009, 01:38 PM
As for first FP at MK, it depends on what you like. My choice would be SM, BTMRR or Splash.
If you have little ones that have their hearts set on Peter Pan or Winnie the Pooh, I would get that first.

As the above poster stated, no FP for Pirates. There really is no need for a FP for Pirates, the line moves pretty fast. In all my years, I have only seen a very long Pirates line once.

stitchaholic
09-11-2009, 01:53 PM
since space mountain is not open for now,my next choice would be thunder mountain or splash

seanyred
09-11-2009, 01:53 PM
No FP but its always been my experience when both lines are open that people tend to go the right not the left.

wdwfansince75
09-11-2009, 01:55 PM
Our FP priorities on last trips were SM, Splash, and BTMRR, in that order....Love to hit Splash for wishes, so sometines, I pick up an FP earlier, to use just before start of Wishes.....
If you want to avoid getting soaked, I would say avoid Splash until noon (ish)....First fast pass for me is usually Space Mtn...First stop in the AM is SM, getting an FP, then quickly getting in standby queue, to get at least 2 early rides....Usually get FP for Splash in the PM, sometimes getting FP, checking standby time for BTMRR, and heading for Pirates to kill time while waiting for Splash FP time....When some of the grandkids were a little younger, would try to do FP's for Peter Pan and Buzz, but most of grandkids now prefer the other rides, especially Splash, Pirates, HM, and Jungle Cruise....Only a couple (of the 7) like to join me on SM and BTMRR....

DisneyFr33k
09-11-2009, 02:11 PM
Big Thunder and Spash Mtn for our family! Those lines get unbearably long as the day goes on. But during parades, the line go down significantly. We always ride them w/o FP's then.

tiaramom
09-11-2009, 02:39 PM
Is this ride ok- for a 4 year old.
I havent been on it since I was a young girl.
and I wonder- is it a roller coaster inside- or a log flume?

SBETigg
09-11-2009, 02:45 PM
No FP but its always been my experience when both lines are open that people tend to go the right not the left.

I agree with this. I always find the line to the right to be more crowded and the one to the left to be nearly empty by comparison. In most cases where there are two lines, most people go right, or so it seems to me. We usually FP Splash Mountain first thing, then ride Big Thunder and Haunted Mansion, and return for our Splash Mt. ride.

BelleandtheBeast
09-11-2009, 03:36 PM
Like the othersaid there is not a FP option for POTC, but I have never had to wait very long to board the ride. It moves along at a good pace. I suggest staying to the right also, for some reason everyone heads for the left line.

Belster
09-11-2009, 04:08 PM
FP Peter Pan....the line is long no matter when you go!

Splash Mountain, Space Mountain(if open),BTMRR.

Enjoy!

Scott C
09-11-2009, 04:31 PM
Is this ride ok- for a 4 year old.
I havent been on it since I was a young girl.
and I wonder- is it a roller coaster inside- or a log flume?

Depends on the child -- it is not a coaster or flume ride. There is a 10' or so drop at the beginning of the ride. There are skeletons and such and some dark areas that could frighten some children

Thanks
Scott C

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-11-2009, 04:40 PM
My son gets FP for the three mountains, Splash, Big Thunder and Space.

bruin1344
09-12-2009, 10:29 AM
Splash and Space are the common FP for me. Splash usually has the longest waits in the park. I can get a lot accomplished around Frontierland or Adventureland while waiting to ride Splash. Ditto with Space while doing the attractions around fantasyland, tomorrowland or liberty square.

twinboyz
09-12-2009, 12:36 PM
We usually do FP for Peter Pan and BTMR. These stand by lines are always really long.