PDA

View Full Version : The tale of my ADR quest.

BelleKP
09-11-2009, 06:45 AM
So I couldn't sleep a wink . . . I'm just exhausted, tossing and turning. I dose on and off, but by 5am I decide 'what's the point?' and I get out of bed to get ready to make my ADR's. :surf:
Let's just say, this was probably NOT a good idea!! I decide to take a fellow Intercotee's suggestion (thanks again Sam) and get all my restaurants waiting in tabs so I'll be ready to go when the time comes. But something is not right . . . my Internet is not working!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT!?!?!:eek:

I of course begin to panic right away . . . my DH is away on business, and although I'm pretty computer savy, he does this for a living and it's comforting to have him around to help with stuff like this . . . especially when I'm already panicking. So I begin to go through the process of self diagnosis . . . I restart the computer . . . nothing! I restart the wireless . . . nothing!! I attach a land cable . . . nothing!!!!! :badpc:
Okay now I'm really freaking out! So I pick up the phone to call DH, in Halifax (remember it's 5:30am here now, and therefore 4:30am there!!) . . . the PHONE is DEAD!! :jaw: (A little lapse in my skills here, as we have digital phone, so if the internet isn't working, and it's not the wireless, then our phones are down too . . . I didn't think of this in the moment)

So I quickly go and grab my cell phone . . . . DEAD!!!! I didn't plug it in last night to charge the battery!! :bang: I plug it in immediately, hoping it will have enough power in a few minutes to call DH.
Can anything else go wrong? Meanwhile, throughout all this I continue to try on the computer, and seems as though it's cutting in and out . . . I get as far as getting our first ADR into the cart and it cuts out again.
Now for no explicable reason . . . it starts to work, consistently . . . so with baited breath, I start to open up all my restaurant pages. This is at 5:50am . . . 10 minutes and counting. I decide at this point that I should call DH anyway and have him on standby (although at this point I'm wondering if ADR's are really supposed to be this stressful . . . and maybe I should just go back to bed), so I pick up the phone to call DH . . . his cell is off!! Seriously?!?!?! Seriously!! :shake: I don't have the hotel number as it was a last minute job and really didn't think much of it . . .

So I have to go it alone . . . at 5:55am I hit refresh on my first page and the race is on!!!
And you know what . . .
I GOT EVERY SINGLE ADR WE WANTED!!!
. . . even 'Ohanas!

Here is the list of our ADR's . . .
Kona
Crystal Palace (before park opening :cloud9: )
Spirit of Aloha
Prime Time
Tepan Edo
Boma
Akershus
1900 Park Fare
Chef Mickey's
'Ohanas!!!

I wish I could say I was heading back to bed . . . but it's now 6:30am and the phone lines open at 7 . . . I still have CP Pacakge to book, BBB for DD5 and a Segway tour for DH's birthday present!! Might as well do it all now, before DD 5 months wakes up!!
All's well that ends well! Thank you for reading my tale! Is there a moral? I don't know . . . maybe that some things are just not worth stressing out over! :D

Gregandmel
09-11-2009, 07:09 AM
Congrats on getting everything you wanted!! Sorry it was so stressful to begin with, but now you can REALLY appreciate all of your work! Enjoy.....you've picked out some great places to eat! :thumbsup:

VWL Mom
09-11-2009, 07:24 AM
Glad to hear something that started out so bad ended up so good.:thumbsup:

BelleKP
09-11-2009, 08:22 AM
Just keeps getting better and better . . .
CP pacakge . . . check!
BBB for DD5 . . . check!
Wonderland Tea Party for DD5 . . . check!
Segway Tour for DH . . . check!
Massage at GFS for me . . . cheh-eck! :cloud9:

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-11-2009, 08:37 AM
:whew:

beksy
09-11-2009, 09:25 AM
Congratulation! You really do need a vacation after all of that! It looks like you have some great choices. Doesn't it seem like these things always happen at the worst times? Glad it worked out! :party:

LuvsTigger80
09-11-2009, 10:28 AM
you are welcome. :mickey:Glad to hear that you got everything that you wanted...:thumbsup::mickey:

julyjewel
09-11-2009, 10:45 AM
Wish me luck, as I make mine tomorrow! Congrats!:mickey:

BMan62
09-11-2009, 11:07 AM
Uh, you do know that you can use the cell phone while it is plugged in and charging, don't you? Just have to stay within the length of the charging cord, or put the phone in speaker mode.

Congrats on getting everything you wanted. Now, go get some sleep!! :D

BelleKP
09-11-2009, 12:02 PM
Uh, you do know that you can use the cell phone while it is plugged in and charging, don't you?

I do, I do . . . however it was sooo dead it wouldn't even turn on (after being plugged in), and within my panicked state . . . well I didn't really know what I was doing. :D

tinksmom02
09-11-2009, 01:07 PM
I'm glad it worked out for you, and you know only us Disney nutz can understand the panic of not being able to make our ADRs!!!

Congrats on all your ADRS--you've got some great choices there!