PDA

View Full Version : Grand Floridian Cafe for breakfast?

Lightning McQueen
09-11-2009, 12:47 AM
Has anyone been to GFC for breakfast? If so, I'd love to hear your thoughts. We will have adults only and are huge breakfast people. Thanks in advance!

TheRustyScupper
09-11-2009, 08:12 AM
1) The GF Café is a pleasant place for breakfast.
2) I might even dare say one, if not the best, for ala carte, non-character breakfast.
. . . nice surroundings
. . . well lit and lively atmosphere
. . . good menu
. . . pleasant staff
3) You can't go wrong here for breakfast.

NOTE: If you have read some of my dining posts and recommendations, I am very critical when it comes to dining reviews. I dislike overrated, undeserved, mediocre eateries. So, usually when I give a good review, IMHO it is warranted.

Tippy
09-11-2009, 08:13 AM
If you are big breakfast eaters I suggest you try the Supercalifragilistic Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare. While it is character it is a buffet with great food options.

Loweschevy
09-11-2009, 10:18 AM
We love eating breakfast there. Stayed last year for the week, one morning we went for Tonga Toast at ther Kona Cafe, but otherwise dined at the GFC each morning. We generally eat breakfast or lunch here every visit.

The breakfast skillet was a favorite and it is very filling. The food overall is well prepared and delicious.

The servers were great- friendly, courteous and cheery. The began to remember us day after day.

The restaurant itself is bright and airy with lovely views of the grounds and pool. The crowds and noise started to increase after 8:30 AM.

dreamscometrue
09-11-2009, 10:44 AM
The Grand Floridian Cafe for breakfast was our most plesant surprise. The Cafe itself is very pretty, very "airy", no one is seated right on top of you. My mom, son and I all got different omelets and we all decided they were the best omelets we ever had. The staff was great, coffee was always topped off, son's diet coke was always replenished. We will definitely be back.

SurferStitch
09-11-2009, 11:12 AM
The Grand Flo Cafe is our favorite breakfast restaurant. The setting is so beautiful. Soft, muted colors, sophisticated decor, yet so comfortable and inviting.

The food is fabulous. The citrus french toast is my favorite. Their marzipan stuffed croissants are also to die for, but I don't see them on the menu anymore here on Intercot. I like to start with a chocolate cappuccino and some fresh strawberries and cream, too.

The CM's serving there are all top notch. We've seen some of them there for quite a few years now.

I know we'll be eating there at least 3-4 times in December! :thumbsup:

Lightning McQueen
09-11-2009, 11:22 AM
Thanks for all the insight! We are definitely going to try it out for breakfast in December!

faline
09-11-2009, 08:08 PM
I think you'll be very pleased! This is one of my favorite breakfast spots! It's generally quiet and quite relaxed and the food is very good!