PDA

View Full Version : staying off site

motherof4
09-10-2009, 07:47 PM
we are going back to florida in april for the kids april vacation. my daughter is marching with her highschool and I would love to see it but unfortunately we can't afford to stay in disney resorts so soon we just got back sept 1 are there any decent off site hotels that aren't as expensive as disney?

seanyred
09-11-2009, 07:55 AM
We've stayed at the Howard Johnson (I actually think it is called Travel Lodge at this location, I'll have to double check to make sure.) Anyway it was basic Motel on Rt 192. Nothing fancy but clean and a decent room. There a lot of hotels on Rt 192 so you might find some decent deals. But double check with the Value rates at WDW before you book.

Mousemates
09-11-2009, 08:17 AM
checking site sponsors on disney internet websites such as our beloved Intercot will often yield some very nice deals.

Daisy'sMom
09-11-2009, 09:23 AM
Compare prices with Disney Values. Also keep in mind that if the place you pick does not free shuttle service to the parks, you will have to pay for parking, I think it is around $11 now but I could be wrong.:mickey:

Mickey'sGirl
09-11-2009, 09:39 AM
Have you considered renting a house? It really is quite reasonable compared to resort prices in my opinion.

We just had our first timeshare stay (at DVC resorts), and I can't tell you how terrific it was to have all that extra space, a kitchen, and most importantly, a washer and dryer with our kids.

All Star Vacation Homes is one of INTERCOT's sponsors, and might be able to help you out.

OogieBoogieMan
09-12-2009, 11:47 PM
I agree with the previous poster, check out a house, they really are a great value. AllStar is a sponsor and has some great deals.

bkfree
09-14-2009, 10:02 AM
We have rented a vacation home and had a wonderful time. It was in the Oak Island community, 3 miles from WDW.
We did this when we went with some friends and between us we had 5 kids and 4 adults.
It was a 5 bedroom and they had converted the garage into a playroom with pool table, air hockey, Karoake and lots of other stuff.
Out back was an inclosed pool and hot tub.
It was really a wonderful place to stay and we had a great time.
We are onsite dwellers for the most part, but staying at this house did not take any of the Magic away. In fact, it held some magic of its own.

Patricia
09-15-2009, 11:28 AM
It will all depend if you have a car or not.

Staying onsite or at a hotel that provides a shuttle can be cheaper if you add in 12.00 a day parking at the parks. If you have your own car or a rental, you don't pay for parking when staying at a WDW resort.

No car? Find a hotel that provides a free shuttle.

Be careful when booking off site resorts for any extra daily charges. I was paying 10.95 a night on top of my room rate.

More savings: Staying at a Disney resort will also save you transportation fees to and from the airport using ME. Sometimes when you do all the math a WDW value may work out. :)